Change Your Life With An Australian Work Visa:
As one of the world’s most dynamic countries, Australia has immense requirement for skilled talent. Make the most of this opportunity by applying for an Australian Work Visa. With our years of experience with Australian Visa processes, Y-Axis is the perfect partner to help you launch your career in Australia.
Why Work In Australia?
- Stable economy growing at 2.5% every year on average
- Job opportunities in multiple sectors
- High minimum wage & great savings opportunity
- Exceptional social benefits like free healthcare
- Beautiful cities with vibrant multicultural life
When you work in Australia, you will enjoy basic rights and the same workplace protection rule as other local employees. All of this makes Australia an attractive destination to make a career.
Types of work visas
Skilled Independent Visa: You can be eligible for this visa if you have the necessary skills and qualifications for specific occupations that are listed in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). This visa does not require the sponsorship of an employer. You can use the SkillSelect tool to find out if your skills are in demand.
Employer Nomination Scheme: Under this scheme, a permanent work visa is given to workers sponsored by their companies.
TSS Visa (Temporary Skill Shortage): Under this visa, individuals can work between two to four years depending on the employee’s requirement. Applicants should have a minimum of two years’ work experience and should be below 45 years. Companies taking employees on this visa must pay them the market salary.
Australia Work Permit Visa Process:
Y-Axis has extensive experience with helping individuals secure an Australian Work Visa. The key documents necessary to apply for this visa include:
- Evidence of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL)
- Provide educational and employment documentation
- Health insurance
Typically, the work visa take 2-5 months to be processed. A Y-Axis Work Visa Expert will work with you to create a thorough and comprehensive visa application to increase your chances of success.
How long can you stay in Australia on a Working Visa?
You can stay in Australia for 12 months to 4 years depending on the category of your Work Visa. If it is under the RSMS or ENS, you can stay indefinitely as long as you remain sponsored under these schemes.
What are the requirements to work in Australia?
The requirements to work in Australia through the Skilled Visa are:
- You must be below 45 years when you apply
- You must possess adequate ability in the English language for working in Australia, minimum a competent level
- Your nominated skilled occupation suiting your qualifications and skills must be found on the SOL
- Your skills must be assessed by the assessing authority in Australia designated to assess your nominated occupation before you apply
- You must have reasonably good health and get your health assessed by a panel doctor by undergoing a medical examination
- You must have good character and this also will be assessed
• You must pass the Points test with a minimum of 65 points
How much IELTS score is required by Nurses for Australia?
Candidates can get admission in Canberra (Capital Territory) and Melbourne (Victoria) in July and February. This is if they have an overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS Academic and minimum of 6. They will get direct registration with Australia Nursing Board on completion of this course. Candidates will then become qualified to work in Australia.
Candidates can get admission in Brisbane in February only and Perth (Western Australia) in July and February. This is if they have an overall band score of 6 in IELTS Academic and a minimum of 5. They will get direct registration with Australia Nursing Board if they enhance their IELTS bands score to 7 from 6. This is with 7 in Speaking and Writing and 6.5 in Reading and Listening. Candidates will then become qualified to work in Australia.
Candidates can get admission in Sydney (New South Wales) and Brisbane (Queensland) in July and February and Hobart (Tasmania) Darwin (Northern Territory) in February only. This is if they have an overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS Academic and minimum of 6. They will get direct registration with Australia Nursing Board if they enhance their IELTS bands score to 7 from 6. This is with 7 in Speaking and Writing and 6.5 in Reading and Listening. Candidates will then become qualified to work in Australia.
The annual Tuition Fees will be AU $ 16000.
How can I get Work Permit for Australia from India?
The process for applying for Australia Work Visa from India is as follows:
- Obtain the required bands’ score in IELTS
- Obtain skills assessment results from an appropriate authority
- Select a suitable occupation for nominating from relevant Skilled Occupation List of Australia
- Obtain the essential sponsorship/nomination if you are applying for a Sponsored Visa
- You must apply for suitable skilled Visa for Australia PR, i.e. Subclass 190, 189, etc. Applicants can also apply for 491 subclass Regional Provisional Visa.
- Score at least 65 points according to the Australian points-based system, nevertheless, higher your score, higher your chances of obtaining PR Visa
- If you receive the invitation to apply for a Visa, then you must apply within 60 days
- Obtain the essential character and health certifications
Is IELTS mandatory for Australian Work Visa?
IELTS is the key language test whose score is considered as evidence of your proficiency in the English language. This is if you are immigrating to Australia from India or from another nation. You must have good IELTS score as English is the primary language of Australia.
IELTS is the basic requirement for applicants of Australia Work Visa. Many professional organizations, industries, and companies consider IELTS score for selecting a candidate. Thus, IELTS is a crucial factor in obtaining a job in Australia.
How long does it take to get a Work Visa for Australia?
The Australia Work Visa processing times will again depend on the category of Visa that you have applied. It will also depend on other factors that include:
- The time that is taken for verification of your details
- Any additional clarification/requirement sought by the authorities
Nevertheless, it will usually take around 6 to 12 months for processing your Work Visa.
How can I apply for a work Visa to Australia?
To work and live in Australia, you would be required to apply for any one of the below categories.
- Skilled Migration Visa – This is a type of Visa that is issued to foreign skilled workers who have the desired skills needed by the Australian labour market.
- Nominated/Sponsored Work Visa – This Visa is issued to those individuals who are nominated or sponsored by either a recognised Australian employer, A government agency of a state or territory, or A territory or state authority.
Working in Australia depends on the type of Visa you are applying for. However, there are certain general requirements that are given below.
- A good score in IELTS test as a proof of your English language strength
- The skilled Occupation List SOL must have your nominated occupation listed on it
- You must possess the experience and skill required for the job you are applying for
- A recognized Australian Assessing Authority should assess your skills
- Character and Health requirements should be met
Basically, you should meet all the criteria required by the type of Visa you are applying
If you are applying for an Australian work Visa, it is advised that you take the help of an Australian Immigration Specialist.
The different types of Australian Work Visas are below.
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
- Skilled Region or Relative Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 124)
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400)
- Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401)
- Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403)
- Special Program visa (subclass 416) for the Seasonal Worker Program
- Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
- Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420)
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461)
- Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
- Skilled—Recognized Graduate visa (subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
- Super yacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
- Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858)
- Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
- Business Owner visa (subclass 890)
- Investor visa (subclass 891)
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor visa (subclass 893)
- Maritime Crew visa (subclass 988)
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.