Portugal Tourist Visa
Portugal located in Southern Europe is famous for its beaches, food and beautiful countryside. The country is famous for surfing and golf activities.
Officially known as Portuguese Republic, Portugal is a country in southwestern Europe. Portugal shares a lot in common – culturally as well as geographically – with the Mediterranean as well as Northern Europe.
Portugal comprises the continental part of Portugal on the Iberian Peninsula, along with the small archipelagos of the Azores and Madeira in the Atlantic Ocean.
The western-most European state, Portugal has a shoreline with the Atlantic Ocean. Spain is the only country that shares a land border with Portugal. Morocco shares a maritime border with Portugal.
The population of Portugal is an estimated 10.3 million.
Lisbon is the capital city of Portugal. The official language is Portuguese.
While Portugal is not a large country in terms of total area, it does offer great physical diversity.
Prominent tourist destinations in Portugal –
· Lisbon, with colourful neighbourhoods, impressive bridges, quaint shops, and alluring alleys
· Porto Bridge
· News Museum
· The Lisbon Oceanarium
· St George’s Castle
· Torre, the country’s highest point
· Monserrate Palace
· Porto, city with sprawling plazas and epic theatres
· Cais da Ribeira, commonly called the Riverfront Square
· Évora, most beautifully preserved medieval towns, also a lively university town
· Azores Islands
WHY VISIT PORTUGAL
There are many reasons that make Portugal worth visiting. These include –
- Many ancient castles to explore
- Various festivals are held almost the year round, offering parades with music and good food
- Over 100 picture-perfect beaches, the most beautiful of them include Figueirinha and Comporta
- Picturesque waterways in the city of Aveiro
- Beautiful azulejo (tile art)
If you are planning to visit Portugal on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Portugal which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Portugal is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Portugal and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Poland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Valid medical insurance with a cover of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your visit to Portugal and your itinerary
- Proof of accommodation during the duration of stay
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.)
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa.
Here are the details of the visa fees for different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.11190.82|
How Y-Axis Can Help
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Reach out to us and discover how we can help you with your Portugal Visit Visa application.
What is the best time to visit Portugal?
Mid-March to May is said to be the best time to visit Portugal as a tourist.