Launch Your International Career By Studying In The UK
The UK has traditionally been one of the world’s leading educational destinations. It boasts of centuries old universities that have a legacy of producing the finest minds in the world. Today, it remains one of the best destinations for students seeking high quality education and a welcoming educational environment. Y-Axis helps students at every step of their UK admissions process. We have the experience and comprehensive service package to make your student journey stress free and help you begin your education at the right time, in the best possible university.
The UK is second to the US as the favored destination for international students. It has some of the best ranked universities in the world, some of which appear in the world university rankings.
The degrees offered by the UK higher education institutes are recognized worldwide. Students from UK universities get an opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge at competent levels.
There are options to continue with post-graduate studies in most UK universities with some of them even promising to sponsor Tier 4 visas.
WHY STUDY IN THE UK?
The United Kingdom (UK) and its universities have an undisputed reputation for academic excellence and quality with thousands of courses available for students, as well as being an ideal destination for many decades for over a million international students from all over the world.
- Affordable Education
- Internationally Recognised Courses & Qualifications
- Innovative and Abundant Research Opportunities
- Healthy and Safe Communities
- Scholarships and Financial Support
- Multicultural Nation
- The best possible place to study and learn English
- Choose from over 50,000 courses in more than 25 subject areas
- Shorter courses which indicate reduction in tuition fees and accommodation costs
- Possible to work while you study
COST OF STUDYING IN THE UK:
Tuition fees vary between 4 countries that comprise the UK: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The fees can vary widely depending on the type of program you choose and the university you decide to study at.
|Study Program||Average Tuition fee in GBP (£)|
|Undergraduate Bachelor Degree||£6,000 to £16,000 yearly|
|Postgraduate master’s degree||£10,000 to £20,000 yearly|
|Doctoral Degree||£13,000 to £29,000 yearly|
Upcoming intakes in the UK
Intake 1: Term 1 – It commences in September/October and is the major intake
Intake 2: Term 2 – It commences in January/February intake is also available
Intake 3: Term 3 – It commences in May/June and is available for selected Courses.
WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS:
- Students must be over 18 years of age
- International students who study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree course at a recognised university are allowed to work part-time during term for up to 20 hours a week and full-time during the holidays.
- Each higher education institution has clearly defined semesters throughout the academic year, including specific breaks for holidays. During these breaks, you can work full-time at your job if you wish.
Dependent Visa holders can work freely in the UK however they are not allowed to work as a doctor in training. If your dependent spouse is highly skilled and secures sponsorship with a Tier 2 licensed employer on his or her own account please note that they will not be able to ‘switch’ in country to a Tier 2 General Visa.
UK TIER 4 STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid passport or any other documentation for travel
- Proof of funds to cater to your living costs during your course
- CAS reference number – Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
- Documents used for obtaining the CAS
- Colour photographs of passport size
- If needed, screening for Tuberculosis
- Your University will make you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application
Bringing Dependent family members to the UK:
On the Tier 4 dependent visa, your family members including your spouse and dependents will be able to join you or stay with you in the UK during your course of study.
Definition of dependent:
- Husband, wife or civil partner
- Same-gender partner
- Children under the age of 18 and children born in the UK during your stay
You will be eligible to bring a dependent provided you are:
- Sponsored by a higher education institute for a Level 7 course with a duration of 9 months or more
- Doing a government sponsored course that has more than 6 months duration
- Doctorate students on an extension scheme
AFTER YOU GRADUATE:
- Graduated International students in the UK on a valid Tier 4 visa are permitted to stay in the UK if they holds a job offer with an annual salary of at least GBP 20,800
- The students are needed to switch from a Tier 4 Visa to a Tier 2 General Visa which lasts up to five years in order to stay in the UK upon completing their studies
- The work experience students gain while working may help them in qualifying for permanent residence provided, their annual income must be at least GBP 35,000
|QS World |
|University Name||QS World |
|5||University of Oxford||69||University of Glasgow|
|6||University of Cambridge||74||Durham University|
|8||Imperial College London||75||The University of Sheffield|
|10||UCL||79||University of Birmingham|
|18||The University of Edinburgh||82||University of Nottingham|
|29||The University of Manchester||93||University of Leeds|
|31||King’s College London||96||University of Southampton|
|38||London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)||97||University of St Andrews|
|51||University of Bristol||119||Queen Mary University of London|
|54||The University of Warwick||131||Lancaster University|
What exams are required to study in the UK?
Overseas students must pass one or multiple tests prior to being considered for admission by the majority of the Universities in the UK. These include standardised college and graduate admission tests like SAT, GMAT, and GRE. English language tests like IELTS and TOEFL are also included.
What are the requirements to study in the UK?
The entry requirements for studying in the UK are diverse based on the type of study you have selected.
- Qualifications on par with 2 or 3 UK A-levels, 3 or 4 Scottish Highers, Diploma or Higher National Certificate, or National Diploma BTEC or an overseas foundation year
- IELTS bands score 6.0 to 6.5
- Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 5.0 to 5.5
PG Dip /PG Cert
- Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 5.0 to 5.5
- First/ Upper second class Undergraduate degree
- IELTS bands score 7.0
- First degree
- IELTS bands score 6.0 – 7.0
- 2-3 years of business experience
- Master’s degree
• IELTS bands score 6.5 – 7.0
How can I go from India to London to study?
In order to go to London from India for studies you must:
- Identify a course from out of the 30,000 plus courses that the London City has to offer
- Prepare and submit an application for admission and the application process for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees is not the same
- Check if you qualify for the UK Study Visa
- Submit an application for the UK Student Visa with all the required documents
How can I get the UK Study Visa from India?
UK Student Visas are offered based on a system of points. You can apply for the Visa maximum 3 months prior to the commencement of your course. You will have to provide the following for fulfilling all the requirements for the UK Study Visa:
- Your passport details
- Latest photograph
- An unconditional offer of a place on a course provided by an accredited Tier 4 Sponsor that is evidenced by a CAS – ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ from the course provider
- Evidence of adequate skills in the English language by passing in one of the authorized tests such as IELTS with required band scores
- Evidence of having adequate monetary support through the entire stay in the UK
- You may also require an ATAS certificate if you are studying a sensitive subject and are Swiss/EEA/non-EU student
- Evidence of monetary support can be in the form of statements from the bank or a letter from the sponsor demonstrating that you can cater to living costs, accommodation and tuition fees
- You may also be needed to offer documents for your academic qualifications and to attend an interview/biometric test including a digital scan of your fingerprints
- You may also be needed to have specific medical vaccinations or undergo a test for Tuberculosis based on your nation of origin
Can I work in the UK with Student Visa?
You are permitted to work in the UK with the Student Visa if you study at a College or University that is listed both on the list of accredited bodies and the official list of UKVI Sponsor.
Overseas students are permitted to work part-time for 20 hours weekly during term and full-time during vacations. They must be studying a full-time Post-graduate or Undergraduate course at a recognized University.
What are the post-study work options?
International students who complete their undergraduate or postgraduate degree would be able to stay back in the UK for up to 2 years to look for work. They can take up any type of job with no restrictions.
Are colleges and universities in the UK accepting applications from overseas students?
Colleges and universities in the UK are open and are accepting online applications from international students.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.