ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER WITH AN AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION
Australia is one of the best destinations for students looking to pursue education abroad. Australia has 8 universities in the top 100 universities in the world, and also offers an amazing learning environment.
Looking to study in Australia? Y-Axis can help you get an Australia Student Visa application package that has the highest chances of success. Our expertise in Australian immigration processes means that we are best positioned to help you navigate through its tricky procedures. Y-Axis helps students identify the right course and college in Australia that can set them on the path to a successful career.
WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA?
International students have a wide variety of choices when it comes to study in Australia. The quality of education, a variety of courses to choose from, and post-study work opportunities make it one of the most desirable destinations among Indian students. Australian universities are strong in research, excelling in areas such as arts and humanities, education, and sciences.
- A renowned destination for students from India
- Globally accredited qualifications
- Rights for overseas students
- Linguistic diversity
- Monetary aid from the Government
- Steadily growing economy offering good job prospects
- A degree that is valued across the world
- Amazing Climate & Outdoor Lifestyle
Australia has some of the world’s best-ranked universities. The Australian Universities offer a wide range of courses in a variety of subjects. The tuition fees here are affordable compared to the UK and the US. Students in Australian universities are eligible for a post-study work permit valid for up to four years. This can act as a pathway to permanent residency in Australia.
The universities here are known for their high standards and teaching methods.. Their degrees are recognized all over the world. Another advantage of studying in Australia is the low cost of living compared to other countries. Students can work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) while studying which can help them meet part of the tuition fees. They also have access to scholarships which can lower their costs of a course.
Many students opt to study in Australia because its growing economy promises good job opportunities once students complete their course.
Australia Student visa: Compared to other countries, it is easier to get a student visa for Australia. Students wanting to study in Australia must meet certain requirements to qualify for a visa. Once you are enrolled in a full-time study course you can apply for a visa under Subclass 500.
With the Student visa (Subclass 500) visa, the visa holder can:
- Enroll in a course participate in an eligible course of study
- Bring family members to Australia
- Travel to and from the country
- Work for up to 40 hours every two weeks during the course
The duration of the visa is for five years, you can apply for an extension.
Before you submit your visa application ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements. The processing time for your visa is usually four weeks. You can apply for the visa 124 days before the start of your course and you can travel to the country 90 days before the commencement of your course.
If you have any dependents, they can apply for the same Subclass 500 visa. Even if they may not come with you immediately, you must declare your dependents in your visa application. Otherwise, they may not be eligible for a dependent visa later.
Application Steps for Subclass 500 Visa
Step 1: Before submitting your application, you must gather all the required documents.
Step 2: The documents to be submitted are proof of your identity, character, which prove that you have fulfilled the visa conditions.
Step 3: Apply for the visa online.
Step 4: You will receive the notification of authorities after they have received your visa application.
Step 5: You will be notified about the status of your visa application.
DECIDE HOW YOU WANT TO APPLY
The Australian government provides multiple options when you want to apply for a university. The application can be made:
- Directly by you through the university’s website
- Through an agent
You can decide how you want to apply by using the most suitable option.
Clear your English language exam
If English is not your native language, then you need to take an English language proficiency test. You need to take the IELTS test and keep the results of the tests ready when you are making your visa application.
Apply to the universities to get your CoE
Once you are selected for a course, you will receive an offer letter from the college. You will have to give a written confirmation accepting the offer and pay the tuition fees. Subsequent to this you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment or CoE. This document is required to process your student visa application.
Apply for your visa
The next step is to apply for your visa. Your Australia student visa application must include the following documents.
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Financial Requirements that you can fund your studies (funds to cover your return airfare, tuition fees and a sum of AU$18,610 per year)
- Your English Proficiency test results
- Australian approved health insurance cover
- Verification of your criminal records
COST OF STUDYING IN AUSTRALIA
In Australian universities,Arts, Education, and Humanities courses are cheaper while subjects like Engineering and Medicine are expensive. Studies at the Post Graduate level have higher tuition fees.
Average Tuition Fees in AUD$
Undergraduate Bachelor Degree
20,000 – 45,000
Postgraduate Master’s Degree
22,000 – 50,000
18,000 – 42,000
Vocational Education and Training
4,000 – 22,000
English language studies
300 per week
UPCOMING INTAKES IN AUSTRALIA
Australian universities have diverse deadlines for application. However, the two general timelines are broadly applicable:
Intake 1: Semester 1 – this intake commences in February and is the major intake for students.
Intake 2: Semester 2 – this intake commences in July.
WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS:
- Students must be over 18 years of age.
- International students in Australia staying on a valid student visa can work for up to 20 hours per week.
- An exception is, working as an academic assistant. There is no limit on the number of days academic assistants may work.
- They are not allowed to be self-employed or work as freelancers.
After graduation students can apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485). The visa will be granted based on the coursework and the category under which the student has applied to study in Australia.
AUSTRALIA STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS:
Student visa details:
The Australia Student Visa is called Subclass 500.
You will be eligible for a student visa only if you want to study a registered course or part of it on a full-time basis.
The maximum validity of the student visa is five years.
The course you wish to pursue must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate – this is to confirm your enrolment in an Australian University.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement – this is proof of your intention to come to Australia only to study and not to settle down here.
- Four recent passport-sized photographs
- Certified or notarized copies transcript/document of academic results
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – approved by the Australian government, this health insurance provides basic medical and hospital cover. You can purchase this insurance through your university.
- Results of tests in the English language like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE if you are a non-native English speaker
- Evidence of monetary means for covering all expenses during the period of study
- If applicable, proof of civil status
- The Australian University will intimate of additional requirements if any prior to your application
- Financial Requirements – to get your student visa you must prove that you have the funds to cover your course fees, travel, and living costs.
- Character Requirement – you must submit a certificate to prove you have no criminal record.
- Proof of visa fees payment – proof that you have paid the required visa fees.
If there are any other additional requirements, the university you have been selected for will let you know about them.
AFTER YOU GRADUATE:
- If you completed a Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree, you may be eligible for the Post-Study Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa once you finish your course of study in Australia.
- Graduate Work stream: International students with an eligible qualification who graduated with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of .
POST-STUDY WORK OPTIONS:
Post-Study Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa grants post-study work rights to international students who have completed a Bachelor’s, Masters, or Doctoral degree in Australia on a student visa. They can work in the country for two to four years to gain international work experience .
Students can also work under the Graduate Work Stream. They are eligible for this stream if they have graduated with the skills and occupation that is related to an occupation which features in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). This visa is valid for 18 months.
TOP AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITIES :
|24||The Australian National University||218||University of Wollongong|
|39||The University of Melbourne||244||Queensland University of Technology (QUT)|
|42||The University of Sydney||250||Curtin University|
|45||The University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney)||250||Macquarie University|
|48||The University of Queensland||250||RMIT University|
|59||Monash University||264||University of South Australia|
|91||The University of Western Australia||287||University of Tasmania|
|114||The University of Adelaide||309||Deakin University|
|160||University of Technology Sydney||329||Griffith University|
|214||The University of Newcastle, Australia (UON)||369||James Cook University|
Can one bring dependents on a student visa?
If you are coming to study in Australia, you are eligible to bring your family members with you. You can either include them on your original student visa application or you can apply for their visas once you have started your course in Australia. Spouses, partners and unmarried children under the age of 18 are eligible for dependent visas.
If you are including your dependent family members in your original student visa application, then you must include their details on your original Form 157A. The main student visa holder must have a minimum of 12 months validity on the visa and necessary funds and insurance to cover all expenses for this period.
What are the financial requirements to get an Australia student visa?
To get your student visa you must prove that you have the funds to cover your course fees, travel and living costs. Based on rules that are effective from February 2018, you must prove that you have funds as indicated by the government to cover your living costs. This does not include your tuition and travel costs.
If you have dependents, you should prove that you have the funds to cover their living costs including school fees for your children. The other option is to provide evidence that your spouse or parents can support your study and stay in Australia and that they earn at least AUD62,222 in the 12 months immediately before an applicant can apply. If you bring family members, you must demonstrate your parents’ or partner’s income is at least AUD72,592.
What are the different English language tests that are acceptable for an Australia student visa application?
There are five different tests accepted in student visa applications these are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
Are there any scholarships available in Australia for international students?
The Australian Government, educational institutions, and a variety of other public and private organizations offer a variety of scholarships, grants, and bursaries to assist international students who wish to study in Australia.
What is a Confirmation of Enrolment?
Once you are accepted into a course, the college will send you an offer letter. You will have to accept the offer in writing and pay the tuition fees. A Confirmation of Enrolment, or CoE, will be sent to you. This document is essential to process your visa application.
What is GTE statement?
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement -This paperwork proves that you are a genuine temporary entrant. This is essential to demonstrate that your aim in coming to Australia is to study and that you will return to your native country once your studies or work experience is completed. The Department of Home Affairs evaluates your visa application on the following criteria:
- Your economic position in your home country
- Your immigration history
- Potential circumstances for you in Australia
- Relevance of your course to your future career
To check if you meet the GTE requirements, you may be asked to attend an interview in the Australian embassy close to you.
What is the procedure for applying for scholarships in Australia?
The majority of Australian universities offer scholarships, and many of them are open to international students. It’s advisable to contact your favorite college directly for more information on scholarship availability and requirements.
Is it possible for me to work in Australia while I study?
Yes, you can work in Australia while studying. During study periods, international students are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight, and during study breaks, they can work an unrestricted number of hours. Students pursuing a master’s degree by research or a doctoral degree have no work limitations.
What are the English language requirements to study in Australia?
If you don’t belong to an English-speaking country or have not done at least five years of study in an English-speaking country, you will need to give proof that you can speak the language at the required level. You will need to provide results of tests in the English language like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE. The required score in these tests depends on the course you will be studying.
What are the health and character requirements to study in Australia?
To study in Australia, you must prove that you are in good health. To do this you will have to provide a certificate after a health checkup. Both should be done by empaneled doctors. You can get your health checkup done before your visa application. Getting it ahead of time can help quicker processing of your visa.
You should have proof of good character to get your visa. This means you should have no criminal record and for this you may need to get a police certificate. You will need to fill in a form called the Character Statutory Declaration Form when submitting your visa application.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.