Accelerate Your Career With An Australian Education
Australia is one of the best destinations for students looking to pursue an education abroad. Not only does it boast of 8 universities in the top 100 universities in the world, it also offers an amazing learning environment.
Looking to study in Australia? Y-Axis can help you create an Australian Student Visa application package that has the highest chances of success. Our expertise in Australian immigration processes means that we are best positioned to help you navigate its tricky procedures. Y-Axis helps students identify the right course and college in Australia that can set them on the path to a successful career.
Why Study In Australia?
International students have a wide variety of choice when it comes to studying in Australia. Its quality of education, variety of courses to choose from, and post-study work opportunities make it one of the most desirable destinations among Indian students. Australian universities are strong in research, excelling in area such as arts and humanities, education and sciences.
- A renowned destination for students from India
- Globally accredited qualifications
- Rights for overseas students
- Linguistic diversity
- Monetary aid from the Government
- Steadily growing economy offering good job prospects
- A degree that is valued across the world
- Amazing Climate & Outdoor Lifestyle
Cost of studying in Australia
Usually, courses in Arts, Education, and Humanities are cheaper while subjects like Engineering and Medicine are expensive. Studies at Post Graduate level have higher tuition fees typically and costs are diverse based on the program.
|Study Program||Average Tuition Fees in AUD$|
|Undergraduate Bachelor Degree||$15,000 – $35,000 yearly|
|Postgraduate Master’s Degree||$20,000 – $40,000 yearly|
|Doctoral Degree||$14,000 – $37,000 yearly|
Upcoming intakes in Australia
Universities in Australia have diverse deadlines for application. However, the two general timelines are broadly applicable:
Intake 1: Semester 1 – It commences in February and is the major intake
Intake 2: Semester 2 – It commences in July intake is also available
WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS:
- Students must be over 18 years of age
- International students in Australia on a valid student visa can work for up to 20 hours per week
- An exception is, working as an academic assistant. There is no limit to how many days academic assistants may work
- They are not allowed to be self-employed or work as freelancers
In general, spouses are given the same rights as the spouse is already in Australia. Therefore, if the spouse in Australia has the right to work, the spouse who comes to join him or her will also have that right. But also note that only work permit holders can apply for the dependant visas.
Australia Student Visa Requirements:
- Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Four recent passport-sized photographs
- Certified or notarized copies transcript/document of academic results
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Results of tests in the English language like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE if you are a non-native English speaker
- Evidence of monetary means for covering all expenses during the period of study
- If applicable, proof of civil status
- Your University will make you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application
AFTER YOU GRADUATE:
- If you completed a Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree, you may be eligible for the Post-Study Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa
- Graduate Work stream: International students with an eligible qualification who graduated with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant
|QS World |
|University Name||QS World |
|24||The Australian National University||218||University of Wollongong|
|39||The University of Melbourne||244||Queensland University of Technology (QUT)|
|42||The University of Sydney||250||Curtin University|
|45||The University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney)||250||Macquarie University|
|48||The University of Queensland||250||RMIT University|
|59||Monash University||264||University of South Australia|
|91||The University of Western Australia||287||University of Tasmania|
|114||The University of Adelaide||309||Deakin University|
|160||University of Technology Sydney||329||Griffith University|
|214||The University of Newcastle, Australia (UON)||369||James Cook University|
What is the minimum IELTS score required for Australian Student Visa?
To study in Australia, generally, you will require a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no band lesser than 6.0 for Post-graduate studies. You will require a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 overall when you apply for Undergraduate studies.
How much can a student earn in Australia?
Australia has the highest minimum salaries globally. The minimum wages per hour now is $ 16.22. It implies that you will earn quite good money even while doing an unskilled and casual job. Students with good skills earn considerably higher.
You can earn a minimum monthly salary of around $ 4,300 and higher in some cases. This is if you are successful in getting a full-time job and sponsor in Australia.
How much does it cost to study in Australia?
The average tuition fee for overseas Undergraduate students in Australia was AUD 30, 840 annually in 2018. For overseas Postgraduate students, it was AUD 31, 596 annually.
Study in Australia is the official government website for overseas students. It offers normal yearly tuition fee for overseas students as:
- Master’s degree – AUD 20,000 to AUD 37,000
- Doctoral degree – AUD 14,000 to AUD 37,000
The above figures are not applicable for high-value courses like Medial or Veterinary degrees. These can cost considerably higher.
How can I go to Australia to study from India?
The Government of Australia offers the opportunity to all students in India to study in Australia. However, the prerequisite is you must first obtain an Australia Student Visa.
The Visa that you will require will depend on how long you want to stay in Australia and your age. It will also depend on the type of study you intend to pursue. You will mostly need a Subclass 500 Student Visa as an overseas student irrespective of your field of study.
What are the requirements for Student Visa in Australia?
The general requirements that need to be fulfilled while applying for Australia Student Visa are:
- Evidence of enrolment- digital confirmation of enrolment
- A Passport that is valid
- The fee for Visa application
- The GTE statement – Genuine Temporary Entrant
- Documents for work experience and academics
- Proof of proficiency in English – required IELTS bands
- Proof of monetary ability – return airfare, expenses for dependents, living expenses, and tuition fees
- Details of your policy for health insurance – Overseas Student Health Cover
- SOP – Statement of Purpose
- Photographs of passport size
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.