Travel To The US For Visits & Tourism
Visiting friends and family in the US? Looking to travel for tourism or medical purposes? The US B2 visa is ideal for short term travellers visiting the US for non-business purposes. Y-Axis has helped thousands of people successfully apply for Visas across the World. Our in-depth knowledge of the US visa process makes us the best option for you to file your US B2 Visa application.
US B2 Visa Details
The US B2 visa is the best way for short term visitors to visit the US. It is typically issued for a period of 6 months. In some cases, it is issued as a multiple entry visa for a period of up to 10 years. Key details of the B2 visa are:
- You must be able to persuade US consular officials at a US Embassy/Consulate that they are not visiting the country with an intention to become an immigrant of that country
- You must show reasons and evidence that you would definitely return to your home country
- You must book appointments for giving your bio-metrics (finger scan) and visa interview
- Children below 14 years and adults above 80 years are not required to visit the Consulate/Embassy for interview and can submit the documents at the visa application centre
- People who already had a US Visit Visa and now applying for renewal can get the visa renewed by booking the visa appointment at visa application centre and submitting the documents in person
Typically the visa is processed within 2-3 days and your passport can either be collected from the VAC centre or couriered to you.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR USA B2 VISITOR VISA
The documentation required for the B2 visa includes:
- Your passport
- Proof of funds
- Letters supporting your reason of visiting the US
- Adequate insurance coverage
- Details of who you are staying with and where
- Air tickets
- Evidence that you will return to your home country
- Financial documents
- Insurance and other supporting documents
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis offers end to end assistance to help you with your B2 visa. Talk to us to learn how our consultants can help you at each step of your visa process.
How long is a US Tourist Visa valid for?
The US Tourist Visa (B-1/B-2) is a non-immigrant US Visa. Its validity period ranges from 1 month to 10 years and allows single, double or multiples entries to the US. The period of stay which is a maximum of 6 months is recorded by the Customs and Border Protection officer. This is at the entry port on the Form I-94 of the Visa holder.
The validity period specifies the time period for which the Visa can be used to arrive in the US. The period of stay specifies the duration for which an individual can remain in the US after every single entry.
How long does it take to get US Tourist Visa after the interview?
The exact processing times for a US Tourist Visa vary and are an approximation that can change at any time. Processing times cannot be guaranteed. Non-refundable reservations and tickets must not be bought till the time you obtain all the Passports and Visas.
The holiday seasons have high travel volume. The processing times for Consulates such as the Houston are at least 3 weeks.
General Processing Times
- It will take approximately 3 to 5 working days if the application is made in person
- For PIOs and US nationals requiring reference and all non-US nationals, it will take minimum 1 or 2 weeks for processing
- For all applications that require prior reference check, the processing time for the reference check alone is minimum 1 week
- You will have to add the transit and mailing time both ways when you apply by mail like courier or post
Each immigrant Visa case is unique and so it is tough to estimate the exact processing times of the individual cases. Generally, there are 3 factors that influence the required processing times:
- The time needed to process an application
- Time taken for processing through the Consulate and National Visa Centre
- Time taken for the case to become current
How much money do I need to show for US Tourist Visa?
Officially, there is no limit for the money to be shown for the US Tourist Visa. Any amount that can validate the overall expenses for your US trip must be adequate. This includes to and fro air tickets, medical insurance, boarding, lodging, shopping, etc. It is keeping in mind the duration and purpose of the trip. The higher the amount, the better.
For example, it can be estimated that the cost for a 15-day tour for one person can be around 5000 to 6000 USD. So the equivalent amount of money must be present in your or your sponsor’s bank.
What documents are required for US Tourist Visa?
The mandatory documents needed for the US Tourist Visa are:
- An original passport that has a validity of minimum 6 months after the likely arrival date in the US
- All expired passports
- 1 photograph for every specification, both hard and digital copy is needed
- Confirmation page of the DS – 160 US Visa application form stamped at the VAC – Visa Application Centre
- Valid fee payment receipt
- Printout of the appointment letter for US Visa interview
How can I get a Tourist Visa for the USA?
Applicants of US Tourist Visa must demonstrate that they are eligible as per the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The law’s presumption is that every applicant of a Visitor/Tourist Visa is an intending migrant. Thus, the applicants of this Visa have to overcome this presumption.
Applicants have to demonstrate that they have a home in their nation of origin and they do not intend to abandon it. They must also prove that their intention is to arrive at the US for a limited and specified purpose. The purpose of their tour is to enter the US for medical treatment, tourism, or business.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.