CANADA WORK PERMIT VISA
Canada Work Permit, or a Work Visa, is issued to eligible overseas individuals to work in that country for a specific time period.
People need to apply for a Work Visa only after getting a job offer or an employment contract from a Canadian employer. The employer must obtain from ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada) an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), which gives them permission to recruit foreign skilled workers for occupations that cannot be filled in by citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
As one of the world’s leading economies Canada is a great destination for individuals seeking to work abroad. The Candying Work Permit Visa allows business people, permanent workers, temporary workers, students and others to work in Canada. Typically, applicants need to have a job offer in hand in order to apply for the work permit visa. With our end-to-end overseas career solutions, Y-Axis can help you find a job and apply for a Canadian Work Permit Visa.
Canada Work Permit Visa Details:
Every year more than 300,000 individuals are granted permits to work in Canada. This is a huge opportunity for foreign workers seeking to make a better life. Under the Canada Work Permit Visa you can:
- Work in Canada under the employer you have mentioned in your work permit application
- Have the ability to apply for Dependent Visas to call your dependents
- Earn in dollars
- Travel across Canada
- Apply for a PR visa at a later date
Eligibility For Canada Work Permit Visa:
Applicants need to show proof that they are eligible to take up the job offer. To apply for a Canada Work Permit from India, you need to meet certain requirements. Documents need to be submitted in either English.
The Canada Work Permit Visa is ideal for temporary workers, foreign graduates from Canadian universities, businessmen and others who need to work in Canada.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY Requirements
- Give proof to an officer that you will move out of Canada on the expiry of your Work Permit
- Have documents showing that you have enough funds to support yourself and your family during your stay in Canada
- Have no record of any criminal activity and submit a police clearance certificate as proof
- Are not a danger to Canada’s security
- Must have good health and take a medical exam if required
- Have no plans to work for an employer listed as ineligible by the government because they failed to comply with certain conditions
- Have no plans to work for an employer who offers erotic dance, escort services, striptease, or erotic massages
- Must be ready to provide any documents demanded by officers to qualify your entry to Canada
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR CANADA WORK PERMIT VISA
- A valid passport with a validity of more than 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Canada.
- Two recent passport sized photographs
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience
- Proof of having adequate financial resources to cover their expenses during their stay in Canada
- Medical examination required to be done from registered hospitals.
- Application fee
Applicants should also be able to convince immigration officials that they would return to their home country after the end of their employment.
How Y-Axis Can Help
Y-Axis is one of the leaders in Canadian immigration and visa consulting services. Our teams have worked on thousands of Canadian visa applications and we have the knowledge and experience to help you throughout the process. Our services include:
- Complete visa application support
- Assistance with collecting supporting documentation
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
- Job search assistance if required
Talk to a Y-Axis consultant to learn more about your options.
Is IELTS required for Canada Work Visa?
IELTS is mandatory for anyone if they are applying for Canada PR Visa. Your IELTS score will have a good influence on your CRS score in Express Entry. Thus, it is not possible to get the Canada Work Visa without passing in the IELTS test with the required bands.
What are the documents required for Canada Work Visa?
An overseas worker applying for Canada Work Visa must collate all the required documents from the employer. They will also need the below forms and documents:
- A valid Passport or Travel document
- 2 photos along with photos of family members who are accompanying
- Proof that you fulfil the requirements of the prospective job in Canada
- Evidence of available funds
- If required, Certificat D’Acceptation du Quebec
- Evidence of relationships with Common-law partner, Spouse, and Children
- Completed application form IMM 1295 for Work Visa applied outside Canada
- Completed form IMM 5488 Document Checklist
- Completed form IMM 5645 Family Information
- Completed form Schedule One –TRV/ Temporary Resident Visa Application
- Completed form IMM 5409 Legal Statement of Common-law Union
- Completed form IMM 5476 for Use of a Representative *
* Note: You must complete this form only if a Representative will conduct business on your behalf. It must also be completed by all dependent children above 18 years who will be using a Representative.
How can I get Open Work Permit in Canada?
Canada Open Work Permit is offered to an overseas national only through one of the LMIA – Labour Market Impact Assessment exemptions. They can apply for the Open Work Permit at a port of entry outside Canada. The application can also be submitted after arrival to Canada according to the requirements of the program.
In most of the cases, the Open Work Permit fee has to be paid along with the Work Permit fee.
There are three categories of open work permits:
- Unrestricted open work permit
- Occupation restricted open work permit
- Restricted work permit
The unrestricted open work permit allows a foreigner to travel to Canada and work there on any job for any employer and at any place. In the occupation restricted open work permit the person can work for any employer but only in a specified job. With a restricted work permit, the individual can change the employer but not the place of work.
How many bands are required for Work Permit in Canada?
The Canada Work Visa requires scoring a minimum overall score in IELTS with 6.5 bands with a minimum of 6.0 score in the individual category of the Academic test. This is in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
How can I get Work Permit for Canada from India?
Canada Work Visa is offered to an overseas national who intends to work in Canada. They must not be a Canada PR Visa holder or Citizen. This is mandatory for working in Canada irrespective of the employer living in Canada or not.
Canada Work Permit application from India requires verification from the labour market in Canada. It is known as the LMO – Labour Market Opinion. The application for Work Visa can be submitted only after getting positive LMO.
The Canada Work Visa process involves 2 stages. In the first stage, the employer in Canada must get approval from the Government of Canada to hire overseas workers. In the second step, the designated employee must apply for obtaining the Work Visa after getting permission.
How is the Work Permit application processed?
- The application is checked to ensure it has all the necessary documents. Incomplete applications are sent back.
- You may need to undergo a medical exam which can add up to three months to the processing time.
- The processing time can vary based on the country
- You might also need to give your biometrics with the application
- An officer will check the credentials of the employer who has hired you
- An officer will check if you qualify for a work permit
- After approval of your application you will get a letter giving you permission to work in Canada
- You must take this letter when you leave for Canada
- You will get your Work Permit on arrival in Canada
- It will have details of the type of work you will do, mention the employer and the place and duration of your work
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.