Canada Work Permit, or a Work Visa, is issued to eligible overseas individuals to work in that country for a specific time period.
People need to apply for a Work Visa only after getting a job offer or an employment contract from a Canadian employer. The employer must obtain from ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada) an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), which gives them permission to recruit foreign skilled workers for occupations that cannot be filled in by citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
Applicants need to show proof that they are eligible to take up the job offer.
To apply for a Canada Work Permit from India, you need to meet certain requirements. Documents need to be submitted in either English.
Documentation required to apply for a Work Visa in Canada are:
- A valid passport with a validity of more than 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Canada.
- Two recent passport sized photographs
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience
- Proof of having adequate financial resources to cover their expenses during their stay in Canada
- Medical examination required to be done from registered hospitals.
- Application fee
Applicants should also be able to convince immigration officials that they would return to their home country after the end of their employment.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.