Rely On Our Australia Visitor Visa Expertise
Visiting Australia to meet friends and family or just for a holiday? The Australia Visit Visa is perfect for leaser and tourism travel to Australia. One of the world’s most uniquely beautiful countries, Australia has much to offer to every visitor. It allows for multiple types of visit visas based on your purpose of visiting and you can apply for visit visas under Subclass 600/601/651/444/461/417 and 462. Y-Axis can help you travel with peace of mind with our Australia Visit Visa services.
Australia Visit Visa Details:
The Australia Visit Visa is used by visiting individuals, families and businesspersons to facilitate short travel and tourism to Australia. There are three major subtypes of this visa:
- Tourist visitor: Someone visiting Australia for leisure and recreation or to meet friends and family. You can apply for this from outside or within Australia
- Business visitor: For businesspersons making short business trips for business, negotiations or to attend events. You must apply for this from outside Australia
- Sponsored family visitor- For family members outside Australia who are sponsored for a visit visa by an Australian citizen or permanent resident
Visitor visas of longer duration are issued to parents of Australian citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Tourist visitor – 75% of applications: 7 months/90% of applications: 10 months
- Business visitor – 75% of applications: 5 days/90% of applications: 11 days
- Sponsored family visitor – 75% of applications: 5 months/90% of applications: 11 months
Processing time of visit visas are dependent on several factors:
- You must have submitted all the required supporting documents when submitting your application
- Your response time to requests for additional information
- Time taken by the authorities to complete the required checks on the information in your application
- Time taken to receive additional information pertaining to your health, character and national security
- Decision to accept or refuse your visa application will be based on the information and documents you provide
It is advisable to make your visa application well in advance of your travel date and not make any travel arrangements till your visa is granted.
Key points to note about this visa are:
- You cannot work on this visa
- This visa allows you to travel and stay across Australia
- The visa is typically issued for a period between 3 months to one year
Documents required for Australia visitor visa
To apply for the Australia Visit Visa, applicants must:
- Show that they have sufficient funds to cover their trip costs for the duration of their visit
- Have no criminal record and must comply with all Australian laws
- Meet all health standards and submit medical records as necessary
- Show valid documentation and invitation letters from sponsors
- Meet any other requirements asked for
- Valid passport
- Recent passport size colored photographs
- Confirmed return air tickets
- Trip itinerary
- Bank statements for a period of 3 to 6 months
- Travel insurance
- Proof of enough funds
- Invitation letter: If visiting relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from the relative or friend in Australia
- Hotel booking confirmation
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis is best positioned to help you with your Australia visit visa. Our teams will help you:
- Assess which visa type to apply under
- Gather and prepare your documentation
- Filling of forms
- Review of all your documentation
- Apply for your visa
Talk to us to get your Australia visit visa process underway
COVID-19: Will extra time be given for medical checks and biometrics?
As services related to the visa application process have been impacted by COVID-19, additional time will be given to applicants for completing the checks and providing the required information. Service disruptions will be taken into account at the time that the application is being processed.
COVID-19: What happens if an Australian visa expires and the new one is yet to be issued?
When applying for a new visa, a bridging visa might be granted keeping the applicant’s status lawful in Australia till the time that a decision is made on their visa application.
COVID-19: When do I apply for the “no further stay” condition to be waived?
You can request for a waiver on the “no further stay” condition if your visa will be expiring within 4 weeks. If the request for waiver is approved, a new visa application must be made before the expiry of the current visa.
COVID-19: My Australian visitor visa is to expire. I have a “no further stay” condition attached to the visa. What do I do now?
If there is a “no further stay” condition attached to your visitor visa, you will have to apply for the condition to be waived. The request for waiving the condition must be made before making any visa application.
COVID-19: Can I get my visitor visa extended?
Visitor visas are not extended under Australian migration law. You will have to apply for a new visa before the expiration of your current visa.
COVID-19: I am in Australia on a visitor visa. What do I do now?
International tourists, especially those without family support, have been advised by the Australian government to return to their home country as soon as it is possible for them to do so.
How much is tourist visa fee for Australia?
A tourist visa to Australia is meant for a short term trip to the country. The cost of the visa depends on the passport you hold and the length of your stay. It might cost you somewhere ranging from 135 dollars to 1000 dollars.
How do I apply for a tourist Visa to Australia?
The procedure for applying for an Australian Tourist Visa is below
- Online ETA Visa application – Completely filled
- Information of all the travellers and their passport details
- Application is linked to passport – After payment
- Check ETA confirmation to your Email
What are the documents required for Australian Tourist Visa?
The documents required for an Australian Tourist Visa are given below.
Visitor Visa application – Form 1419 (Tourist Visitor)
- Passport – Notarized copies of all the pages of your passport including the first and the last page.
- Photographs – 2 passport sized photographs (Recent). The head and the shoulder should be visible in the photos. The size of the photograph should be 45mm x 355mm.
- Your name should be printed on the back of both the photos.
- Visiting purpose – You should submit an itinerary that has the information of your trip like all the sites you will be visiting and your activities.
- Your latest credit score
- Your bank statement showing your savings history
- Copies of documents that show the details of funds and assets that you hold on your name.
- Documents of last 3 years of tax
If your friend or a relative is sponsoring your visit, you must submit a declaration that they are financial capable of supporting you. These docs might include a tax document, an invitation letter or a bank statement of your friend or relative.
Considering your personal reasons which might urge you to travel back to India, you must still submit the documents of your financial proofs.
Employment Related Documents
- The letter of employment which has details of your salary, designation, tenure of employment, details of leaves and contact details of the person who issued the letter.
- Business registration proof has to be submitted if you are self-employed.
- Proof of retirement must be submitted if you are a retired person.
- If you are a student, you should submit the proof of enrolment which might be a letter issued by the institute you are studying.
Health Related Documents
- You might be asked to undergo certain medical tests. This is also a mandatory requirement for entering Australia.
- Health Insurance proof
A notarized No objection certificate is required for children below the age of 18 years. This is required from those parents who are not accompanying their children. Form 1229 should be filled.
Form 1257 has to be filled and a declaration should be submitted by the person who will be taking care of children who are not their relatives. The declaration should consist the person’s full name, DOB, nationality and address.
How long does it take to get a tourist visa for Australia?
An Australian tourist visa generally takes 20 days approximately from the date of applying for it. There can be delays as you might be asked to submit more documents.
How can I get Australian Tourist Visa from India?
- Select the type of Sub-Class you want to apply according to your need
- Upload all the supporting documents
- Pay the Visa fee online
- Schedule an appointment for application submission
Is it difficult to get a tourist visa to Australia?
It will not be difficult to get a tourist visa to Australia, provided you meet the following conditions:
- Provide complete and accurate documents
- You have no criminal cases pending against you
- You have enough finances to meet your expenses in Australia
- Show clear intention to return to your home country
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.