China Tourist Visa
China is a country with a history of over 5,000 years. It has several famous historical and cultural sites, beautiful natural sights, imperial palaces and natural wonders which attract millions of tourists every year.
Visitors to China must apply for a tourist visa. The visa is valid for 90 days. An individual can stay for 30 continuous days on this visa in the country. Indian citizens must apply through the Chinese Visa Application Service Center, also called CVASC.
Documents required for the China visit visa application:
- A valid passport with six months validity
- Copies of old passports and visas
- Two-color passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed online visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- A cover letter from the ‘primary applicant’ or the company which describes the reason for the travel and duration of stay
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Proof that you have enough funds to sponsor your stay
- Bank statement of last three months
- Salary slip for the last 6 months
- Income tax returns for the last 3 years
- Travel insurance
The processing time for the visa is usually 3 to 5 days.
Extra fees will be charged for urgent processing requests. Applications may be rejected if applicants provide false details or incomplete application forms.
Here are the details of the tourist visa fees:
|Single Entry Normal||30 days||3 months||INR 6,500|
|Double Entry Normal||30 days||3 months||INR 9,200|
|Multiple Entry Normal||30 days||6 months to one year||INR 10,200|
Before you apply for a visit visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements, fill the application form, attach the required documents and pay the required fees.
How Y-Axis Can Help
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Which visa do I need to go to China for a short trip?
Generally, you will have to apply for either Tourist Visa ‘L’ for sightseeing or tour, or Tourist Visa ‘L’ for visiting relatives and families.
What is the validity of a tourist visa for China?
Usually, a tourist visa for China is valid for 30 days.
Can I extend my tourist visa for China?
No. A tourist visa for China cannot be extended.
Can I work on my China tourist visa?
No. Tourist visa holders are not allowed to work in China.
What is the ideal time to apply for China tourist visa?
It is advisable to apply for a tourist visa for China 1 month in advance of your intended date of entering China. The Chinese government advises against applying 3 months prior to your date of entry.
The rationale being that applying too early might lead to the visa expiring before departure. On the other hand, applying too late might lead to your not being able to obtain your visa on time.
What is the processing time for a tourist visa for China?
Normal visa procedure involves 4 working days towards visa processing. Urgent service can be availed at an extra fee.