Live Abroad With Your Spouse, Children and Parents

One of the biggest reasons people go abroad is to give their families a better standard of living. The Dependent Visa is a powerful tool created by countries to help families live together. It allows professionals, students, permanent residents and others to bring their family that is in a different country to their new home country. The dependent visa allows professionals, students, permanent residents and others to bring their family that is in a different country to their new home country. Y-Axis can help you understand the intricacies of the dependent visa process in order to reunite your family and build a happy life abroad.

There are two types of Dependent Visas(Temporary & Permanent)

    1. Temporary Visas for holders of the following visas
  • Work, intra-company transfer, Student, Fiancé
    1. 2. Permanent Visas are for spouses or children below the age of 18-21 years old
  • Immigration dependents

Spouse/partners on temporary Dependent Visas are allowed limited work rights based on their visa validity in most countries, except the US.

Dependents granted Permanent Residence Visas have the right to live, study and work for as long as they remain permanent residents.

Dependent Visa Details:

In order to reunite families, countries across the world offer dependent visas with various facilities. Typically, these visas allow you to call your immediate family abroad through a short process which focuses extensively on your financial ability. Usually dependent visas allow successful applicants to:

  • Stay in the country they are applying to under the sponsorship of their relative
  • Work or study in some cases
  • Travel in that country
Eligibility For Applying For Dependent Visa:

Different countries have different dependent visa solutions and as such, there is no homogeneous eligibility criteria. However, the following criteria is usually common:

  • Applicants must have a valid passport
  • The sponsor must have adequate financial resources to support the dependents
  • Work and income proof of the sponsor
  • Medical examination and evidence of adequate insurance for dependents
  • Filled application with enclosed fee
The Leaders In Dependent Visa Applications

Y-Axis is one of the world’s leading names in visa and immigration solutions. Our expertise spans countries and regions and we are the consultant of choice for serious applicants. When you sign up with us, a dedicated visa consultant will assist you with your case and be with you throughout the process. Our support includes:

  • Document checklist
  • Complete dependent visa application support
  • Assistance with collecting supporting documentation
  • Visa Interview Preparation – if required
  • Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
  • Concierge services
  • Assistance with biometric services if required

Discover how we can help you increase your application’s chances of success.

What is a Dependent Visa?

A Dependent Visa is a type of Visa that permits the spouses and kids to travel to an overseas nation for the purpose of accompanying/joining the family member with a corresponding Visa.

What documents do you need to apply for a spouse visa?

There are several documents needed for Spouse Visa. The exact documents will depend on the nationality of the spouse and the nation of residence. Passport copy, Birth certificate, proof of relationship, police reports, etc will be needed.

The fundamental documents required are:

  • Wedding certificate
  • Photographs of passport size
  • Valid Passport
  • Photographs demonstrating the authenticity of a relationship like family photographs etc
  • Joint housing bills
  • Joint statements of bank account
  • Any other requirements as specified by the Immigration authorities
How long does it take to get a spouse visa?

The processing times for Spouse Visa are variable based on the nation of immigration and individual circumstances. It can take around a few weeks to few months.


What English test is required for Spouse Visa?

The English test required for Spouse Visa is IELTS.

How can I apply for Family Visa?

You can apply for the Family Visa by collating the required documents:

  • Current travel ID or Passport that is valid
  • Expired passports
  • Evidence of relationship to the family member who is sponsoring you
  • Evidence that you can fulfil the maintenance or monetary requirement
  • Evidence of having knowledge of the English language

After collating the required documents:

  • Book an appointment for the Visa interview
  • Fill the Visa application form
  • Collate the necessary documents
  • Attend the interview for the Visa
  • Pay the required Visa fee
  • Wait for the decision on your Visa application
  • Successes
    1 million
  • Counseled
    10 Million+
  • Experts
    Since 1999
  • Offices
  • TEAM
  • CRM
    WORLD'S #1
    #1 CX
speak to a counsellor
Get started

We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.

I accept the terms & conditions.