Reunite With Your Loved Ones In Australia:

Australia allows international students and professionals to call their families to Australia under the Dependent Visa program. Y-Axis can help you create an impeccable application package that gets your loved ones to Australian shores faster.

Australia Dependent Visa Process

For Student Dependents:

If you are coming to Australia to study, you are eligible to bring your family members with you. You can either include them on your original student visa application or you can apply for their visas once you have started your course in Australia so that they can join you. Spouses, partners and unmarried children under the age of 18 are eligible for dependent visas.

If you are including your dependent family members in your original student visa application, then you must include their details on your original Form 157A. The main student visa holder must have a minimum of 12 months validity on the visa and necessary funds and insurance to cover all expenses for this period.

If you are applying for the visa after you have started your course, then you must submit the following documents:

  • Form 919, Nomination of student dependents
  • Form 157A, Application for a student visa
  • A letter from one your teachers stating:
    • Name of your course
    • Length of the course and your expected completion date
    • If you are satisfying all the course requirements;
  • Proof that you can financially support your dependent family members
  • Proof of family ties such as marriage certificate or birth certificate
  • Proof of school enrolment of school-aged children

Proof of health insurance for dependents

For Post Study Work Dependents:

The Post Study Work visa holder must show proof of employment and necessary funds along with other documents like relationship proof and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).

For Work Visa Dependents:

Australia offers various child visa categories to help immigrants bring their biological child, adopted child or stepchild to the country. The parent must be either a citizen of the country, or a PR visa holder.

A child that is born in Australia automatically receives an Australian citizenship if one of the parents is an Australian citizen or holds an Australian PR.

The Dependent Child Visa in Australia consists of four subclasses, they are:

  • Child Visa 101
  • Child Visa 102
  • Child Visa 802
  • Child Visa 445

Your child will be eligible for a dependent visa, under the following conditions:

  • You are an Australian citizen
  • You hold a permanent resident visa for Australia
  • You are a citizen of New Zealand
Benefits of the Australia Child Visa
  • The child can travel indefinitely to Australia
  • The child earns the right to study and complete his education in Australia
  • Child is eligible for an Australian citizenship
Australia Child Visa 101

Children with one or both biological parents residing in Australia, are eligible for this visa. A child can live with the parents in the country on this visa.

Eligibility Requirements:
  • Child must be under 18 years of age
  • He must be born outside Australia
  • Visa application must be initiated in the home country

Child must be residing outside Australia at the time of application

If you are coming to Australia on a work visa, your dependent family members are eligible to join you on dependent visas.

If you are coming to Australia on temporary worker visa, only your spouse or de facto partner and any unmarried children under the age of 18 are eligible for dependent family visas.

If you are coming to Australia on a migrant worker or business visa, any dependent family members are eligible to join you including:

  • Spouse or de facto partner
  • Any children under the age of 25
  • Aged dependent relatives such as parents or grandparents.

The employer of the Work Visa holder must sponsor the dependents along with fulfilling health insurance and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) requirements.

Talk to a Y-Axis visa specialist to learn more about your Dependent Visa options.

How long does it take to get a Spouse Visa for Australia?

The Australia Spouse Visa application takes up to 8 months based on the category. The applicant of this Visa or their partner has to be an Australia PR holder/Citizen/eligible New Zealand Citizen. A provisional Visa will be offered initially.

Can a spouse work in Australia on a Dependent Visa?

Generally, dependents can work in Australia. It depends on the Australia Visa your partner holds.

Can I take my spouse to Australia on Study Visa?

You can bring your spouse with you if you are married while applying for the Australia Study Visa. You will have to fulfil the Visa criteria being the primary applicant. The spouse will also get the Visa if the Visa criteria are met by the primary applicant.

How much does a Spouse Visa cost in Australia?

The Australia Spouse Visa fee is $ 7,715. This is if you apply either in Australia or from overseas. It covers the provisional Visa followed by the application for PR Visa.

What documents are required for Spouse Visa in Australia?

The documents required for the Australia Spouse Visa applications are:

  • Completely filled Application Form 47SP
  • The Sponsor in Australia must provide Form 40SP to the partner as a sponsor
  • Receipt of Visa application fee payment
  • Latest and valid passports
  • 2 latest 45 mm x 35 mm dimension passports size photographs
  • Certified copies of a Birth certificate with names of both the parents
  • Certified copies of Marriage certificate
  • The health examination report, chiefly Chest X-ray, Urine and Blood tests
  • Must have OSHC – Health Insurance
  • Latest Police certificate showing that the applicant has not committed any offence

Quick Eligibility Check for Points Tested Immigration Visa

Get Latest Immigration Updates

Visa Resources

  • Successes
    1 million
  • Counseled
    10 Million+
  • Experts
    Since 1999
  • Offices
  • TEAM
  • CRM
    WORLD'S #1
    #1 CX
speak to a counsellor
Get started

We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.

I accept the terms & conditions.
Follow Us

We want to hear from you!