Switzerland Student Visa
Students who opt to study in Switzerland can choose to do courses form the many universities here or opt for vocational training. Universities here offer courses ranging from general education to applied sciences. There are many technical schools here that offer vocational training and offer certificates and diplomas.
Switzerland has a combination of state-funded institutes and private universities. Both offer a range of courses.
- For a bachelor’s level course, a Swiss maturity certificate or a university qualifying secondary education certificate if you are applying from outside. This must be recognized by the university you are applying for
- For master’s program a bachelor’s degree is required
- Proficiency in the language of instruction which is usually English
- Some universities may ask for a TOEFL certificate
Switzerland Study Visa Requirements
Non-EU nationals require a student visa to study here. The documents required include:
- Valid passport
- Proof of having the required financial resources to cover your living expenses during your course of study
- Health insurance policy that also covers accidents
- Study plan which describes the general purpose of your studies
- Certificate of acceptance from the educational institution in Switzerland
- Details of tuition fee payments or any scholarships
- Confirmation that you will leave Switzerland once you finish your studies
Tuition Fees and scholarships
The tuition fee in Switzerland is comparatively lower compared to other European countries. Apart from this there are various scholarships available to students.
Working while you study
You can work on a student visa during your studies. The hours you can work depends on your visa/permit and also approval from your university.
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Provide guidance on the required documentation
- Advice on the funds that need to be shown
- Help in filling out the application forms
- Help in reviewing your documents for the visa application
Which visa do I need to study in Switzerland?
Schengen visa, for a short stay of up to 90 days for short-term language studies, etc. National visa, for a stay beyond 90 days for long-term study in Switzerland.
What is the processing time for Switzerland study visa for more than 90 days’ stay?
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.