Apply For The US B1 Business Visa
As the centre of global commerce, the US attracts millions of business visitors every year. The US B1 Business Visa is designed for short term business travel to the US. This visa is typically issued for a period of 6-12 months and is used for supporting business activities such as attending conferences, conducting negotiations etc. The scope of this visa is wide and allows for all sorts of activities other than actively running a business. Y-Axis can help you identify the right approach to applying for your B1 visa. Our teams will assist you with your application creation and filing and ensure you have the highest chance of receiving a visa quickly.
US B1 Visa Details
The B1 Visa is used by visitors for a wide variety of business activities. It is used by businesspersons and executives visiting the US for purposes such as:
- Conducting negotiations
- For sales or investment meetings
- Discuss planned investment or purchases
- For business investment purposes
- To attend meetings
- To interview and hire staff
- For research purposes
Ideally you should apply for the visa a minimum of 2-3 months in advance to allow for all security clearance and processing. In some cases there may be a personal interview as well.
Since there is no quota on the B1 visa, the documentation required is not as strenuous as for migrant visas. Typically, your application package must contain:
- Your passport
- Proof of funds
- Letters supporting your reason of visiting the US
- Letter from your employer if traveling as an employee
- Proof of business ownership if you are traveling as a businessperson
- Insurance and other supporting documents
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis can help you create and file your B1 application with minimal hassle. Our end-to-end support and complete knowledge of US immigration programs make us your best option for your visa needs. Talk to us to discover how we can help you get your US B1 Visa.
How long can you stay in the US with a B1/ B2 Visa?
The maximum stay period permitted through the US B1/B2 Visa is for 6 months. Your Visa can terminate while you are still in the US. You must just make sure that you do not stay beyond the period allowed by the Immigration Officer.
How can I get Business Visa for the USA?
Applicants of US Business Visa must pay their $ 160 fee for application and submit the following:
- DS -160 Non-immigrant Visa digital application form
- A passport that is valid for travel to the US and has a minimum validity of 6 months after the period of intended stay in the US. Each individual who wants a Visa must submit an application if more than 1 individual is included in your Passport.
- A photograph of 51 X 51 mm dimension that is taken in the past 6 months
- You may have to pay extra fee for Visa issuance reciprocity based on your nationality if the Visa is issued
Apart from the above, you may be required to offer an appointment letter for the interview confirming the booking of appointment. You can also carry other supporting documents that you think will support the details offered to the Consular Officer.
How many days does it take to get US Business Visa?
The processing times for US Business Visa from India can be 1 or 2 months and below is the break-up of the timelines:
- Online application with the form DS – 160: 1 to 3 days
- Payment of the fee: 1 day
- Scheduling the appointment for the interview: 1 to 2 weeks
- Attending the Visa interview: 1 or 2 days
- Getting the Visa stamped on your Passport: 1 to 4 weeks
How long is a US Business Visa valid for?
The US Business Visa (B1/B2) has a validity of 1 month to 10 years similar to other Non-immigrant US Visas. It permits single or multiple entries to the US and elicits a maximum stay period of 6 months. This is recorded by the officer of the Customs and Border Protection at the entry port on the form I-94 of the individual/immigrant.
What documents are required for B1 Visa?
The mandatory documents required for the US Business Visa are as follows:
- DS 160 US Visa Application Form’s confirmation page stamped at the VAC – Visa Application Centre
- Receipt of payment of Visa application fee
- Appointment letter for the US Visa interview
- All the previous Passports
- Every applicant regardless of their age must have an individual Passport that is valid for travel to the US and has a validity of minimum 6 months beyond the period of intended stay