USA Dependent Visa

Down Arrow
Down Arrow
Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Don't know what to do
Don't know what to do ?

Get Free Counseling

Live with Your Family in the US

As the world’s leading destination for migrants, the US offers several ways to help families live together legally. Whether you are a student or a professional, you can take advantage of existing US visa processes to bring your spouse, children, parents and other relations to the US. With our vast experience, Y-Axis can help you choose the right visa process and apply with confidence.

US Dependent Visa Details

The US allows various visa holders the ability to bring their family to the US. Students, professionals, entrepreneurs and others all have the ability to call their dependents to the US under a variety of visa programs. Some of the most sought after dependent visa processes are listed below:

  • F2 Visa: This is for dependents of F1 visa holders in the US to study. F2 visa holders cannot work or study in the US
  • J2 Visa: This is for dependents of J1 visa holders who are in the US as part of the research, medical or business training
  • H4 Visa: This is a visa issued to family members of H-1B visa holders and allows visa holders to work and study in the US
  • Other dependent visa processes: These are dependent visas for dependents of athletes, scientists, asylum seekers, refugees, witnesses, permanent residents, citizens and others who are legally living in the US and wish to live with their dependents to the US
Documents Required

It is important to create a comprehensive visa application with as much evidence and documentation as possible. Your Y-Axis consultant will assist you with each aspect of the application and help you get your documentation in perfect order. The documents you will need may include:

  • Passport & travel history
  • Background documentation
  • Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
  • Extensive evidence of relationship including photos
  • Other proof of relationship
  • Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances
  • Completed application & consulate fees
  • English language skills
  • If calling your child, they must be under the age of 18 at the time of application

The H1B dependent visa is called the H4 visa. The H4 dependent visa gives the right to live, study, and work in the US.

Dependents are defined as:

  • Spouse of the H1B visa holder
  • Children under the age of 21 whose parent is an H1B visa holder

The validity of the H4 visa

The validity of the visa is dependent on the visa of the sponsor who is also called the principal applicant.

The visa is usually sponsored by the spouse or parent who has an H1B visa. The H4 visa becomes invalid when the visa of the sponsor expires.

Holders of the H4 visa can:

  • Get a driver’s license
  • Get opportunities to study in the US
  • Qualify for financial services, such as banking and an H4 visa loan

Privileges of the H4 visa holder

  • The holder of the H4 visa may work part-time, full-time or not at all.
  • The H4 visa holder is permitted to start any form of business.
  • The holder of the H4 visa may continue to be eligible for EAD even if he does not seek employment.

The student dependent visa is called the F2 Visa. The US F2 visa is a non-immigrant dependent visa where the immediate family members of the F1 student visa holders can come to the US. Dependents include the spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21.

Eligibility Conditions for the F2 Visa
  • Must be the spouse of an F1 student visa holder.
  • Must be the dependent child (under 21 years and unmarried) of an F1 visa holder.
  • Applicant must have enough financial resources to support the family in the US
Documents Required
  • Passport (both original and photocopies)
  • Visa application confirmation (DS-160)
  • A photograph conforming to U.S. visa rules
  • Birth certificate for dependent children
  • Marriage certificate for spouses
  • Visa fee payment receipt
  • Applicant’s I-20 form
  • Copy of F1 visa holder’s I-20 form
  • Applicant’s bank statements, tax records, and employment documents as proof of financial stability

Processing time for dependent visa

The average processing period for a visa is 15 to 30 working days. It can take much longer depending on a variety of circumstances like as the workload at the embassy or consulate, express delivery, the kind of Dependent visa USA, and so on. It also relies on when the sponsor submits their visa application. Your visas will be processed at the same time if you both apply for it at the same time. The act of scheduling an interview can take a long time and involve a lot of waiting. As a result, applying ahead of time is highly recommended.

How Y-Axis Can Help You?

The US visa application process can be a daunting prospect. Y-Axis will be by your side and assist you throughout the process. Y-Axis consultants are experienced and well-versed with the intricacies of the US immigration process. Your dedicated consultant will help you:

  • Identify and collect all your documents
  • Complete the visa documents checklist
  • Create your application package
  • Fill the various forms and applications accurately
  • Updates & follow up
  • Interview preparation
  • Concierge services

Y-Axis can reunite your family and help you build a life with them in the US. Talk to us to discover our personalised solutions.

Sign up for a free expert consultation

Down Arrow
Down Arrow
Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Don't know what to do
Don't know what to do ?

Get Free Counseling

Looking for Inspiration

Explore what Global Indians have to say about Y-Axis in shaping their future

Frequently Asked Questions

How long does it take to get a US Dependent Visa?
How can I get a Dependent Visa for the USA from India?
What documents are required for Dependent Visa for the USA?
Can I extend my US dependent visa?
How long can I stay after my dependent visa expires
Should I apply for the dependent visa along with the application for the primary visa