Germany Business Visa
If you want to visit Germany for business purposes, then you will need to apply for a business visa. With this visa a businessman can visit Germany for business purposes such as corporate meetings, employment or partnership meetings.
You will have to apply for a short-stay visa which allows you to stay in Germany for 90 days. The short-stay visa is also known as the Schengen visa. This visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement.
Germany Business Visa Checklist:
To apply for a Germany Business Visa, you need the following documentation:
- Valid passport with at least three months validity
- 2 passport size photos
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of having financial resources to pay for your return trip and stay in Germany
- Travel insurance policy with a value of 30,000 pounds
- Covering letter from your company in case you are travelling to Germany on behalf of their business
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting with details of their address and dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer giving permission for your business travel and a Power of attorney from your company giving you full authority
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies
- Bank statement of the company for the last 3 months
- Income tax returns of last three years
- Company must give declaration for coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of civil status
Validity and processing time:
You can stay for a maximum period of 90 days in Germany or any other country in the Schengen region with the business visa.
How Y-Axis Can Help You
- Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
- Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
- Complete the application process
- Review your documents needed for the visa application
Do I need a visa to go to Germany for business purposes?
Depends upon your nationality. Not everyone will require a visa for entering Germany for the purposes of business. Indian nationals will need a visa to go to Germany on business.
Which visa will I need to go to Germany on business?
For going to Germany for business purposes – like attending business meetings, participating in related conferences, or simply doing business abroad – you will have to get a Schengen short-stay visa [Type C] for ‘Business’. Do keep in mind that as Schengen short-stay visas are issued for different purposes, you will have to specify the reason for travel as ‘Business’.
What is the validity of a German business visa?
Typically, a short-stay business visa for Germany will be valid for a 90 day period within 6 months, unless otherwise stated on the physical visa sticker that will be stuck into your passport.
How many times can I use my Germany business visa?
A Schengen short-stay visa can be used for 1, 2, or multiple entries in the Schengen Area. For this, you will have to check the “Number of Entries” on your visa sticker. You can either enter Germany once and stay for 90 days at a time, or enter Germany 2-3 times without breaking the “90 days within 180 days” rule attached to your visa.
What is the cost of a German business visa?
As in May 2020, the cost for a German business visa is EUR 80.
What is the processing time for German business visa?
A German business visa is usually processed within 15 days.
What is the earliest that I can apply for German business visa?
The earliest that you can apply for a German business visa is 6 months before your intended date of travelling to Germany on business.
What is the latest that I can apply for a German business visa?
The latest that you can apply for a business visa for Germany is 15 days before you travel.
Is it true that German business visas get priority processing?
One of the perks of applying for a Schengen visa for Business is that you can get a quicker appointment even in the peak season for visa applications when there might be many people applying.
Can I extend my Business visa for Germany?
While an extension is permitted, it is granted only in exceptional cases wherein the visa applicant seeking the extension has a strong reason for doing so.