Want To Apply For A Canada Tourist Visa?
Millions of visitors and tourists flock to Canada every year to visit friends and family or to just experience Canada’s natural beauty. Y-Axis can help you too with our quick Canada Visa services. The Canada visa is granted for a period of six months and are either single entry or multiple entry visas. While you cannot work on the Canada visit visa, you are free to travel across Canada for tourism and leisure.
Canada Visit Visa Details
The Canada Visit Visa is a straightforward visa application giving you the ability to visit Canada for a period of up to 6 months. Single entry visas and multiple entry visas are the two types of Canada visas available in Canada. Foreign nationals can only enter Canada once with a single-entry visa. A multiple entry visa permits its holder to come and go as often as they desire while the visa is valid. You do not have to pick the type of visitor visa to apply for; all applicants are automatically considered for multiple entry visas, and single-entry visas are only awarded in exceptional circumstances.
Multiple entry visitor visas allow the holder to visit Canada as many times as they wish for six months at a time as long as the visa is valid.
Key points to note about this visa are:
- It can only be used for leisure or tourism purposes
- You cannot use this visa to work or to apply for work
- You can take your dependents and children along
- Typically, the visit visa is issued in 27 days after submission
In order to receive a Canada Visitor Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must show that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves and their family during their stay.
- Applicants must not be searching for work or planning to start working in Canada.
- Applicants must have no criminal background and be willing to abide by all of the country’s laws.
- Applicants who intend to stay with relatives or friends should obtain letters of invitation from their sponsors as well.
- Applicants from certain countries are required to get a temporary resident visa.
- Certain applicants may be required to meet additional entrance criteria depending on their profile.
The Canada Visitor Visa process requires you to meet the following criteria:
- A valid passport with an expiry date that is after six months or more.
- Documents that prove you have enough ties to your home country.
- Financial statements that prove you have enough funds to support your stay in Canada
- A letter of invitation from your relatives if you are planning to stay with them
- Medical clearance certificate if you need to undergo a medical exam before your trip
Applicants who require a visitor visa to enter Canada can submit an application online, on paper, or in person at a Visa Application Center (VAC). If you’re travelling as a family, each family member, including children under the age of 18, must fill out a separate application. You may, however, submit all of the applications at once. Depending on their nation of citizenship, applicants for a Canada visa may be asked to include biometric information in their application.
When applying for a visit visa, you must also provide a cover letter, which is a crucial component of the application. The following elements should be included:
The reason for going to the destination.
Explanation of how you plan to handle your trip expenses, as well as confirmation that you have the finances to do so.
Describe your income source.
Describe if you have a Canadian sponsor – Describe your relationship with your sponsor and why you were chosen as a sponsor.
Give a summary of your flying itinerary, including your flight schedule as well as the dates of your key scheduled activities in Canada.
The purpose of your trip.
A description of how you plan to handle your travel expenses, as well as proof that you have the necessary finances.
Description of your source of income.
Details of your flight.
The Canada Visitor Visa process requires you to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must prove that they possess sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for the entire period of their visit
- Applicants must not intend to seek or undertake a job on the Canada tourist visa
- Applicants should have no criminal record and intend to strictly comply with the laws of the country
- Applicants who might stay either with their relatives or friends should also provide invitation letters from their sponsor
- Applicants from certain countries may need a temporary resident visa
- You may need to meet more entry requirements based on your profile
How Y-axis Can Help You?
With our extensive experience in Canadian immigration, Y-Axis can help you make the strongest case for your Canada visit visa. Our teams will help you with:
- Identifying the best strategy to get your visitor visa
- Advising you on how to present your case so the chance of a personal interview is minimized
- Advising you on finances to be shown
- Advising you on documents to be presented
- Filling of forms
- Review of all your documentation
Make sure your application has the highest chance of success by talking to our Canadian visa specialists.
Can I extend my Canada visit visa?
If you are in Canada on a visit visa and want to extend your stay, you will need to apply for visitor status. You can apply for visitor status at a Canadian immigration office from within the country. However, you should apply for a Canada visa before your existing visitor status expires. As a general rule, if you come to Canada as a ‘visitor,’ you will be granted visitor status for a duration of six months
How do I know if I need a visitor visa before I travel to Canada?
The following factors will determine if you need a visitor visa or ETA:
- Travel documents you plan to travel with
- Country which issued your travel document
- Your nationality
- How you plan to travel to Canada for this trip
How can I apply for a Canada Tourist Visa?
Here are some guidelines that will help Canada Tourist Visa applicants from India:
The application form: You must first download the Canada Visit Visa application form from the website of the Canadian Government. You must download the checklist of documents as well that must be submitted along with the application. The application form must be filled online. You must then click validate and take its print out.
Booking of the accommodation and flight: Sometimes, you will also have to submit copies of your accommodation and flight bookings. This is basically to offer evidence of funds.
Submission of Covering Letter along with the documents for Canada Visa: You will have to submit all the required documents along with the application form. This must include a Covering Letter that states the purpose of your visit. You must also submit evidence of funds to demonstrate that you have adequate money to support yourself during your visit to Canada.
Collecting the Visa and Passport: It usually takes around 10 to 14 working days to obtain the Canada Tourist Visa. You will have to collect your Canada Visa and Passport from the Visa Office.
What are the conditions for extending a Visitor Visa to Canada?
You must be currently residing in Canada.
You must have a valid passport that will be valid for the duration of your trip
You must have paid the fees associated with Form IMM 5708.
You must make sure that any other permits you have (study or job) remain valid and do not conflict with your visitor permit.
Is Canada Visit Visa open for Indian Nationals?
Yes, Indian nationals can apply for a Canada tourist visa. However, the applicant must hold a passport that is valid for up to 6 months.
How much does a Canada Visit Visa cost?
The Canada Visitor Visa fee is CAD$100 per person. And, if you submit the biometrics, you may have to bear an additional cost of CAD$85.
How long does the Canada visitor visa takes to process?
The processing time for a Canada visitor visa from India is 155 days. The time entirely depends on the location of the applicant and the requirements submitted.
Is it possible to visit Canada without an invitation?
Yes, you can go to Canada without an invitation. One doesn’t need any letter of invitation to apply for a Canada tourist visa. To get this visa, one must mention the travel details and meet all the requirements.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.