Pursue Your Higher Education In An American University

The United States is the world’s leading student destination. It offers unparalleled scope for students from all streams to study and excel in their chosen fields. Coupled with an economy that requires new talent every year, it is the ideal destination for students looking to study and make a life after graduation. Y-Axis offers the authoritative support students need to study in the US. Our understanding of the US education system and vast experience with its visa process make us your best bet to study in the US.

Why study in the USA?

The US universities are able to provide the best possible platform to international students, which is evident from their high rankings. The Country’s education system offers the most comprehensive coursework to students with an equal emphasis on both practical and theoretical learning.

  • Affordable Education
  • Diversity and Flexibility
  • Outstanding support system for overseas students
  • Healthy and Safe Communities
  • International students can often work while they study & Internships
  • Exciting Campus Lifestyle
Cost of studying in the USA

The US Universities fall under two major categories: public funded and private institutions. International students’ tuition expenses at state schools are based on nonresident costs, which are still usually less expensive than those of private universities. You will need approximately $10,000 to $55,000 annually to cover your tuition fees.

Study Program Approximate tuition fees in USD$
Undergraduate Bachelor Degree $15,000 to $40,000 per year
Graduate programs $20,000 to $40,000 per year
Doctoral Degree $20,000 to $45,000 per year
Upcoming intakes in the USA

Universities and Colleges in the US have 3 intakes. Students have an option of choosing the term of their study from three main flexible intakes, Spring (January), Fall (September) and Summer (May).

Intake 1: Fall Semester – It commences in August/September and is the major intake.

Intake 2: Spring Semester – It commences in January/February intake is also available.

Intake 3: Summer Semester – It commences in May/June and is available for selected Courses.


Student Applicant:

  • Students must be over 18 years of age
  • International students can work on-campus up to 20 hours/week or less during the academic terms and full-time during the academic break periods including summer time
  • Off-campus employment requires some form of written or documented authorization issued by either the USCIS or OISS. And also, you must be currently in legal status and have been enrolled as an F-1 student in the US for a minimum of one academic year to be eligible for any form of off-campus employment


Per U.S. government regulations, only married spouses can obtain a dependent visa status. The student, scholar or employee can add a dependent spouse to his or her record, and the spouse can then obtain a dependent visa status (F-2, J-2 or H-4). These dependent statuses do have certain restrictions.

USA Student Visa Requirements (F1 Visa)

You will generally need the following for your US Student Visa application:

  • A valid passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your period of stay
  • Recent passport size photograph
  • Confirmation page of DS-160
  • Form I -20
  • Payment of application fees for SEVIS
  • Application as a non-immigrant
  • Your University will make you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application
  • F1 visa holders are eligible for up to 12 months of OPT (optional practical training) on completion of graduation. That means you can work for a year after you finish your studies
  • It is a temporary employment permission allowing students the opportunity to gain practical experience in their field of study
  • After that, you’ll be required to apply for a work visa if you have to continue working in the US. You can remain in the US up to 60 days after the completion of your course even if you don’t have a job offer or haven’t applied for OPT
Top Universities
QS World
University  Rankings
University Name QS World
University  Rankings
University Name
1 Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) 20 University of Michigan
2 Stanford University 21 Johns Hopkins University
3 Harvard University 26 Duke University
4 California Institute of Technology (Caltech) 27 University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
9 University of Chicago 32 University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
13 Princeton University 34 Northwestern University
14 Cornell University 41 University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
15 Yale University 43 New York University (NYU)
16 Columbia University 46 Carnegie Mellon University
19 University of Pennsylvania 53 University of Wisconsin-Madison
How much can I earn while studying in the USA?

Overseas students in the US can earn a maximum of $20 hourly. But they can work for a maximum of 20 hours weekly. The earnings will differ based on the College and job. You can earn maximum money by working as an RA/TA.

What are the requirements for USA Student Visa?

The US Student Visa requires submission of mandatory documents as well as supporting documents of academic and financial records. The following documents will be required:

  • A Passport that has a validity of minimum 6 months after your stay in the US
  • Print out of the online application form DS -160
  • Original and copy of the appointment letter for the interview
  • Form I – 20 sent by the US University/College where you will study
  • A confirmation receipt for payment of Visa fees
  • Bank statement for a minimum of 3 years that show adequate funds for paying for the first year (can be of parent/guardian)
  • Payslips
  • Original Marks sheet or Provisional certificates
  • Score sheet of exams like IELTS, GMAT, TOEFL, etc
What is the minimum IELTS score required to study in the USA?

US Universities/Colleges expect a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 bands and the higher the score the better. Majority of them will accept the application for admission with at least 6.5 scores.

Can you work on a Student Visa USA?

Yes, overseas students can work in the US while studying with some restrictions. Those who are on the M-1 and F-1 Visa are permitted to work in specified training programs on-campus. They are not permitted to work outside the campus in the first year of study.

How much does it cost to study in the USA for an Indian?

The tuition fees for Undergraduate course ranges from $15,000 to $20,000 annually. It ranges between $7000 to $21,000 plus or more for Postgraduate courses. This is based on the program you choose and the school – private or public. The monthly cost of living can be anything from $300 to $1000 depending on your lifestyle.

How can I convert my B2 Visa to F1 Visa and what are the process and the cost?

The conversion to F-1 Visa from B-2Visa can be attempted only from within the US. Overseas applicants outside the US must file an application for F-1 Visa.

  • Successes
    1 million
  • Counseled
    10 Million+
  • Experts
    Since 1999
  • Offices
  • TEAM
  • CRM
    WORLD'S #1
    #1 CX
Follow Us

We want to hear from you!