Finland Student Visa
Finland has good-quality universities that offer various degree. If you wish to study here and do not belong to any EU or EEA country, then you must apply for a visa. A student visa is a short-term temporary visa you can apply for if your course duration is less than 90 days. If your course duration is more than 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit. The residence permit allows you to stay in Finland for one year and you can renew it once the period is over.
How to apply for a Student residence permit

Submit your application:

  • Fill the details in the form and apply online. Ensure you submit the documents required with your application.
  • Pay your application fees either online or at the Finnish embassy or consulate
  • Visit the Finnish embassy or consulate on the appointment date to present your biometric data

Wait for a decision:

  • It may take 1 to 3 months to process your application
  • Collect your residence permit when you arrive in Finland
Required documents

You must submit the following documents with your visa application

  • Valid passport
  • Recent Color Passport photo
  • Certificate of acceptance from the educational institution in Finland
  • Details of tuition fee payments or any scholarships
  • Proof that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay in the country
  • Proof of health insurance
  • Receipt to prove that you have paid the processing fees for the visa
  • International student health insurance
Working with a residence permit

International students with a residence permit can work in Finland provided it is related to the course they are doing. A student can work for 25 hours in a week during the program and full-time during vacation breaks.

Visas for dependents

Students with a residence permit can bring their spouse and children to Finland during the course duration. They will have to independently apply for the permit to join you in the country. Finnish immigration authorities will try their best to process your applications together. To get their permits you must prove that you have enough funds to support their stay in Finland.

How can Y-Axis help you?
  • Advise you on the required documentation
  • Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
  • Fill out the application forms
  • Review your documents for the visa application
  • Successes
    1 million
  • Counseled
    10 Million+
  • Experts
    20+ years
  • Offices
  • TEAM
  • CRM
    WORLD'S #1
    #1 CX
speak to a counsellor
Get started

We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.

I accept the terms & conditions.
Follow Us

We want to hear from you!