Finland Student Visa
How to apply for a Student residence permit
Submit your application:
- Fill the details in the form and apply online. Ensure you submit the documents required with your application.
- Pay your application fees either online or at the Finnish embassy or consulate
- Visit the Finnish embassy or consulate on the appointment date to present your biometric data
Wait for a decision:
- It may take 1 to 3 months to process your application
- Collect your residence permit when you arrive in Finland
You must submit the following documents with your visa application
- Valid passport
- Recent Color Passport photo
- Certificate of acceptance from the educational institution in Finland
- Details of tuition fee payments or any scholarships
- Proof that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay in the country
- Proof of health insurance
- Receipt to prove that you have paid the processing fees for the visa
- International student health insurance
Working with a residence permit
International students with a residence permit can work in Finland provided it is related to the course they are doing. A student can work for 25 hours in a week during the program and full-time during vacation breaks.
Visas for dependents
Students with a residence permit can bring their spouse and children to Finland during the course duration. They will have to independently apply for the permit to join you in the country. Finnish immigration authorities will try their best to process your applications together. To get their permits you must prove that you have enough funds to support their stay in Finland.
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.