Complete Admissions Support To Study In Canada
As one of the world’s favourite student destinations Canada has much to boast of. Students from across the world flock to its reputed universities to pursue courses in every discipline. Strong infrastructure, cutting edge curriculum and sprawling campuses are the hallmark of Canadian institutions. Y-Axis works with students to help them increase their chances of studying in Canada. We help students identify and apply to the right course and right college that can serve as a launchpad for their international career.
WHY STUDY IN CANADA?
Canada is one of the best places to higher studies and the country attracts thousands of students each year from abroad. The country provides world class education which is recognized globally. Research is one of the key components of a graduate student. The universities support the students who come out with best research ideas and many scholarships are given to student for their research works.
- Affordable Education
- Innovative and Abundant Research Opportunities
- Immigration Possibilities
- Exciting Campus Lifestyle
- Healthy and Safe Communities
- International students can often work while they study & Internships
Cost of studying in Canada
Tuition fees in Canada vary by institution and province, but the cost is generally more affordable when compared to other countries around the world. Technical and medical courses are more expensive than arts courses.
On an average, the tuition and fees range from CAD 7,000 to CAD 35,000 per year for an International student.
|Study Program||Average fees(in CAD*)|
|Undergraduate Program||$12,000 to $25,000 per year|
|Postgraduate master’s Program||$24,000 to $35,000 per year|
|Doctoral Degree||$7,000 to $10,000 per year|
Upcoming intakes in the Canada
Canadian universities and colleges offer three intakes. Intakes may also be referred to as a semester in some institutions. The three intakes available in Canada are:
Intake 1: Fall Semester – A popular intake starts in the month of September
Intake 2: Winter Semester – Starts in the month of January
Intake 3: Summer Semester – Usually starts from April/May, this intake is available for limited programs and colleges.
WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS:
- Students must be over 18 years of age
- International Students can work on-campus or off-campus for up to 20 hours during university semesters and full-time during breaks such as the winter or summer holidays, without the need for a work permit
- Foreign students who are studying in a program that requires work experience such as through a co-op or internship program
In general, spouses are given the same rights as the spouse is already in Canada. Therefore, if the spouse in Canada has the right to work, the spouse who comes to join him or her will also have that right. But also note that only work permit holders can apply for the dependant visas.
Canada Student Visa Requirements:
You will generally need the following for your CANADA Student Visa application:
- Valid Passport
- An acceptance letter from your education institution
- Proof of payment
- Proof of financial funds
- Passport size photographs
- Study Permit and visa
- English Proficiency
- Your University will make you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application
AFTER YOU GRADUATE:
- Canada has provided ways to encourage international students and graduates to stay, gain work experience, or otherwise contribute to Canada’s economy and culture
- In its effort to retain international students, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) operates a Post-Graduate Work Permit Program. Under this program, international graduates may obtain an open work permit for up to three years
- This allows them to work for any Canadian employer in any industry without the requirement of a Canadian job offer at the time of applying
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
How much IELTS score is required for Canada Student Visa?
A Canada Student Visa will require you to score a minimum of 5.5 bands in each of the 4 IELTS segments for Undergraduate Courses with an overall minimum score of 6.0 and plus. Graduate Courses require 6.5 bands score with at least a score of 6.0 in each of the 4 segments.
How can I get Study Visa for Canada?
The following are the steps to be followed to obtain the Canada Study Visa:
- Submit an online application for the Canada Study Visa on the website of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada prior o your arrival to the nation
- It is also possible to submit a paper-based Visa application in nations that have limited access to internet
- Provide a Letter of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). It refers to a University/College recognized by the Government of Canada.
- Offer evidence of adequate financial resources for supporting your studies in Canada including living expenses and tuition fees
- Have no record of crime
- Provide medical records that state you are having a good health condition and if required complete medical examinations
How much money is required for Canada Study Visa?
Canada Student Visa requirements include offering proof of funds to support oneself. As of now, it is CAD 10,000 annually excluding the tuition fees. It is CAD 11,000 if you are applying to study in Quebec province.
Is ITR required for Canada Student Visa?
Submitting ITR – Income Tax Return as evidence of income has not been listed specifically among the mandatory documents for submission. However, Canada Student Visa applicants must note that:
- The mindset of the Visa Officers is to ensure that the student does not become a burden on Canada’s economy and must be able to bear the cost of studies
- Students who fail to support themselves can resort to work unlawfully or in other illegal activities and no nation would be happy about this
- Submitting ITR acts as evidence or a measure that builds confidence that the student will be able to fund the education in Canada without any support externally
- Any Education loans that are approved for Study in Canada are also deemed as available sources
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.