Lithuania Tourist Visa
If you are planning to visit Lithuania as a tourist, then you must know the visa requirements for this Baltic nation. The country has vast coastlines and is close to Sweden and Denmark.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Lithuania which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Lithuania is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Lithuania and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport with three months validity
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Lithuania
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros
- A Cover letter explaining your reason to visit Lithuania
- Proof of civil status. That could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card (if applicable), etc.
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
What is the earliest that I can apply for visit visa to Lithuania?
The earliest that an application can be lodged is 6 months before the date of the intended visit to Lithuania.
What is the latest that I can apply for visit visa Lithuania?
The latest that you can apply for a visit visa to Lithuania is at least 15 days before the date of the intended visit.
Do I need travel insurance for visit visa Lithuania?
You will require adequate and valid travel medical insurance. The insurance cover required is a minimum of EUR 30,000. This insurance cover is required to cover emergency medical situations, hospitalization, and even repatriation [including in the event of death].
Do I need an appointment to submit my application for visit visa to Lithuania?
Applicants might be required to book an appointment for coming personally for lodging the application.
What is the processing time for visit visa for Lithuania?
On an average, the processing time is within 15 days. In certain cases that require further scrutiny of the application, the processing time can go up to a maximum of 45 days.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.