Invest And Settle In Canada As An Entrepreneur
Are you an entrepreneur or HNI looking to settle abroad? The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is an Investor visa that allows Manitoba to nominate qualified applicants for Canadian permanent residency. The program invites investors, entrepreneurs and HNIs from across the world to settle in Canada by setting up, purchasing or partnering in an existing business. With our experience in Canadian immigration, Y-Axis is your best bet for qualified advice and end-to-end support in applying for Canadian permanent residency through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Details
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Entrepreneurs is a fast-track route to settling in Canada and establishing your business. Under this program you can:
- Settle permanently in Canada with your dependants
- Get access to healthcare & education benefits
- Gain access to a high standard of life
- Get tax benefits upon getting residency
- Set up a business which adds to the local economy
To apply for the Manitoba PNP the following requirements are to be met:
- Settlement funds
- Language skills
- Commitment to settle in Manitoba
And if you are applying through Express Entry – educational credential assessment for education obtained outside of Canada.
The Manitoba PNP points calculator will help to select the eligible candidates who qualify for the PNP program. Candidates who can score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 in the assessment grid where the points are assessed based on five factors: language proficiency, age, work experience, education and adaptability will qualify for a PNP nomination.
The documentation required for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program includes:
- Passport & travel history
- Educational and business credentials
- Minimum of three years of full-time work experience in the past five years either as an active business owner or working in a senior management role of a successful business
- The minimum investment is $250,000 for businesses situated in the Manitoba Capital Region or the Minimum investment is $150,000 if a business is situated outside of the Manitoba Capital Region
- Minimum Net Worth of $500,000
- English Language Proficiency with CLB/NCLC 5 in IELTS
- Meet the Education & Age Criteria
- Business Research Visit to Manitoba
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Rely on Y-Axis to help you settle in Canada as an entrepreneur. Our teams are well versed with the intricacies of Canadian immigration and can assist you with:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Business research visit
- Updates & follow up
- Relocation and post-landing support in Canada
Talk to us today to know how you can take advantage of this program.
How long does it take to process Manitoba Provincial Nominee application?
Manitoba has one of the speediest processing times for immigration applications among the provinces in Canada. Minimum of 4 months is required for the majority of the cases. The application must be verified at both the federal and state level. The average processing time for this complete process is around 12 to 15 months.
How do I apply for PR in Manitoba?
Below are the steps to apply for PR in Manitoba province in Canada:
- Include a copy of the MPNP approval letter in the application for PR Visa
- Follow all the instruction in your approval letter with specific attention to date as your nomination is valid for just 6 months
- You must submit your PR Visa application to IRCC along with its fees for IRCC prior to the expiry of your nomination. Otherwise, your application will not be accepted by IRCC.
- You must notify both MPNP and IRCC regarding any change of address during the Visa process
- Nominees working currently in Manitoba must not allow their Work Visa to expire
• You must notify MPNP once you obtain the Permanent Resident status from IRCC
What is the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program?
The MPNP – Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is an immigration program through which the Manitoba province chooses skilled workers. They must intend to reside and work in Manitoba as PR Visa holders along with their families.
The skilled immigrants must also demonstrate the ability to obtain a job in their occupation. They must be able to establish in the local labour market and make an immediate contribution to the economy of the province.
Obtaining Canada PR through the MPNP is a 2 stage process. First, successful applicants are nominated for PR by Manitoba. In the second step, they have to submit a PR application to the IRCC for themselves and their dependents accompanying to Canada.
What are the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program requirements?
The general minimum requirements that must be fulfilled to qualify for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program are:
- Obtain a score of at least 60 out of 100 in the assessment grid of MPNP
- Must be in a position to offer adequate documents to support residency in Manitoba
- Should have at least 2 years of work experience in the appropriate field
- Must submit the authorities a Settlement Plan that specifies interest in residing permanently in Manitoba
• Should score at least 4.5 bands in IELTS that must have been scored in the last 2 years
How does Manitoba PNP work?
The Manitoba PNP is the Provincial Nominee Program of Manitoba province. Aspiring immigrants can obtain the Manitoba Provincial Nomination Certificate through this. They must possess the experience and skills targeted by the province.
If you are interested to immigrate to Manitoba you can apply to the MPNP under the appropriate stream. This is for obtaining a nomination from the province and immigrating to Canada. Suitable candidates are selected for Canada PR Visa by MPNP. The selected applicants get a nomination certificate from MPNP. This makes them eligible to apply for Canada PR Visa with IRCC.
Manitoba PNP Assessment Point System
|Factor 1: Language Proficiency||Points|
|First language (English or French)|
|CLB 8 or higher / native speaker||20|
|CLB 3 or lower||0|
|Second language (English or French)|
|CLB 5 or higher||5|
|Factor 2: Age||Points|
|21 to 45||10|
|50 or older||0|
|Factor 3: Work Experience (in the past five years)||Points|
|Less than one year||0|
|Four years or more||15|
|Factor 4: Education||Points|
|Master’s or Doctorate||25|
|Two post-secondary programs of at least two years each||23|
|One post-secondary program of two years or longer||20|
|One one year post-secondary program||14|
|No post-secondary education||0|
|Factor 5: Adaptability||Points|
|Close relative in Manitoba||20|
|Invitation to Apply received from MPNP as part of recruitment mission or exploratory visit||20|
|Previous work experience in Manitoba (at least six months)||12|
|Completed post-secondary program of two years or more in Manitoba||12|
|Completed post-secondary program of at least one year in Manitoba||10|
|Friend or distant relative living in Manitoba||10|
|Bonus: Intention to reside outside Winnipeg||5|
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.