Why Green Visa?
- Residence permit for 5 years in UAE
- Easy path for the UAE citizenship and permanent residency in UAE
- No sponsor required to work in UAE
- Sponsor your family members (parents, spouse, and children) for 5 years
- Longer flexible grace periods
UAE Green Visa
The UAE has announced new residence permit for 5 years to attract talents, skilled professionals, freelancers, investors and entrepreneurs. This permit is called Green Visa. This visa offers longer flexible grace periods that reach up to six months to stay in the UAE after it expires. The Green Visa is a new visa category that differentiates between work and residency permits in the UAE.
Benefits of the UAE Green Visa
Government of UAE has launched the Green Visa to attract exceptional talents and propel economic growth. This new system of entry and residence permit has been introduced to attract global talents and skilled workers from all over the world. It aims to boost the competitiveness and flexibility of the job market and foster a high sense of stability among UAE residents and families.
The major benefits of the UAE Green Visa includes:
- Get residence permits easily for family members (spouse, children and first-degree relatives)
- Ability to sponsor their male children up to 25 years, and for girl child there is no age limit for unmarried daughters
- Children of determination are granted a residence permit, irrespective of their age
- Can enjoy longer flexible grace periods for 6 months (to stay in the UAE) after the residence permit is expired.
Who can apply for UAE Green Visa?
The following categories are eligible to apply for a Green visa:
- Freelancers/self-employed people
- Skilled employees
- Investors or partners
Requirements for Freelancers/self-employed people
- Freelance/self-employment permit from Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- Proof of a Bachelor’s Degree or Specialised Diploma
- Evidence of annual income from self-employment (for the previous two years, amount not less than AED 360,000)
- Proof of finances for your stay in the UAE
Requirements for Skilled employees
- A valid employment contract in UAE
- Classified in the first, second or third occupational level as per Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Salary scale AED 15,000 per annum
Requirements for Investors or Partners
- Approval or proof of investment
- Approval of the competent local authorities is mandatory.
UAE Green Visa fees
The cost for the visa has yet to be updated.
Steps to apply for UAE Green Visa
Step 1: Register your interest on the UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).
Step 2: Check your eligibility criteria
Step 3: Make sure that you arrange all the requirements before applying to the visa
Step 4: Fill the application form which requests your personal details, and select the category under which you believe you can be nominated.
Step 5: Get the visa and enjoy the benefits
UAE Green Visa Validity
The validity for UAE Green visa is 5 years, and eliminates the need of an employer or a UAE national to sponsor for the visa. This also allows his/her family to sponsor for the same number of years.
How can Y-Axis assist you?
Y-Axis, the leading immigration consultant in UAE, provides unbiased services for every client based on their interests and requirements. Our outstanding services include:
- Guides you on the eligibility criteria to apply for the Green Visa
- Expert guidance/counseling required
- English proficiency coaching
- Assists you in all the procedures while applying for the visa
What is the objective behind the launch of the Green Visa?
The objective to launch Green visa is to boost the competitiveness and flexibility of the job market and foster a high sense of stability among UAE residents and families.
Who is the UAE Green Visa 2022 for?
Freelancers/self-employed people, Skilled employees, and Investors or partners are eligible to apply for Green visa.
How much is the fee for UAE Green Visa 2022?
Currently, the UAE government has not released the fee details.
What’s the difference between the Green Visa and employment or work visa?
The main difference between UAE work visa and UAE work visa is: Green Visa allows to stay in the UAE and work without being sponsored by an employer whereas for the UAE work visa you need to have employer sponsorship.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.