Hungary Tourist Visa
Hungary is a one-of-a-kind blend of traditional European culture and contemporary sights. Hungary is home to multiple World Heritage Sites, including a capital city rated as one of the most beautiful in the world. If you are planning to visit Hungary on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Hungary which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Hungary is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Hungary and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- Passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Hungary
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Proof of income tax returns
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- An approved and signed letter from a local town hall or any other competent government.
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents. Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
Before you fill out your visa application form, make sure you know the type of visa you require. To submit your application, gather all of the necessary papers. Make a visa application center, embassy, or consulate appointment. For your appointment, bring all of the paperwork. Keep track of your application as you wait for it to be processed.
Here are the details of the visa fees for different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.11578|
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
What is the processing time for visit visa for Hungary?
Generally, once an application for Schengen visa is submitted to the Consulate, a decision is taken within 15 calendar days. This might be extended to 30 or 60 days in certain cases.
The processing period can be extended to 30 days because of the number of applications received by the embassy/consulate or the uniqueness of your situation.
It can take up to 45 days for exceptional applications to be processed by the embassy/consulate.
What is the fee to be paid for visit visa to Hungary?
Current fee is EUR 60. From February 2, 2020, Schengen visa applicants will have to pay EUR 80 as visa fee.
Can I travel to other Schengen countries on my visit visa for Hungary?
Yes. With a Schengen visa, you can visit any of the 26 countries that come under the Schengen Area.
the Czech Republic
How long can I stay in Hungary on visit visa?
You can stay in Hungary for not more than 90 days in a 180-day period.
Is it possible to obtain a tourist visa with multiple entries?
You can obtain multiple entry tourist visas to Hungary that are good for one year, three years, or five years and are valid for 90 days out of 180 days.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.