Italy Tourist Visa
Italy located in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea is a tourist haven. The country has many castles and palaces, buildings in different architectural styles, a stunning coastline, beautiful lakes and cliffs.
No wonder tourists flock to Italy and tourism contributes a major chunk to the Italian economy.
If you are planning to visit Italy on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Italy which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Italy is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Italy and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- Passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Italy
- Schengen travel visa insurance or a health insurance covering Italy and the Schengen Area for medical emergencies with a minimum coverage of 30,000 pounds
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Proof of income tax returns
- A cover letter explaining why you want to visit Italy, your duration of stay, date of return etc.
- Documents proving your civil status which could either be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
Visa fees for different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.11108.82|
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis is best positioned to help you with your Italy visit visa. Our teams will help you:
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Talk to us to get your Italy visitor visa process underway
I want to go to Italy on a short visa. Which visa will I need?
You will have to apply for a Short Stay Schengen Visa, also commonly referred to as a Schengen travel visa.
Can I work part-time while visiting Italy?
No. You cannot work on your Schengen travel visa (Visa C).
Can I apply at the Embassy of any other country?
No. You cannot apply at any other Embassy if you will only be travelling to Italy.
Do keep in mind that you will have to apply for a travel visa through the Embassy of Italy under two situations. These include –
Italy is your only destination, OR
Italy is your main destination.
What if I will be visiting other countries from Italy?
If you will be travelling to and staying in more than one country in the Schengen Area, you will have to apply at the Embassy of the country that you will be entering first. This will be designated as your country of first entry.
This is required because your passport will show the entry stamp of the country that you entered into first, that is, your first destination.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.