Greece Tourist Visa
If you are planning to visit Greece as a tourist, then you must know the visa requirements for this Southern European nation. The country has vast coastlines and numerous islands which make it a tourist’s paradise.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Greece which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Greece is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Greece and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for Greece tourist visa:
- A valid passport with three months validity
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Greece
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros
- A Cover letter explaining your reason to visit Greece
- Proof of civil status. That could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card (if applicable), etc.
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Which visa do I need to visit Greece?
You will have to apply for a Schengen short-stay [Type C] visa.
How long can I stay in Greece on my Schengen visa?
The Schengen visa is a short stay visa. By a “short stay” is implied a stay of “90 days in any 180 days period”.
Can I visit other countries on my Greek Schengen visa?
In keeping with the Schengen rules, a Schengen visa is valid for all countries that make up the Schengen Area. Do keep in mind that you will have to apply for your Schengen visa at the consulate of the country that will be your primary destination.
What is the earliest that I can apply for Greek visit visa?
The earliest that you can apply for a Greek visit visa is 6 months before your intended date of travelling to Greece.
What is the latest that I can apply for my visit visa for Greece?
The latest that you can apply is 15 days before your intended visit to Greece.
What is the processing time for a Greece visit visa?
Usually, decisions are taken on Greece visit visa applications within 15 calendar days of submission. In certain cases, the processing time can go up to 30 days, and even 60 days in rare cases.
However, when calculating the 15 calendar days, do keep in mind to take into account any national or other holidays in Greece as that might affect the processing of your application.
Do I need insurance for visiting Greece?
At the time of applying for your Greece visit visa, you will have to submit proof of having a travel medical insurance coverage of a minimum EUR 30,000. The coverage provided should be for Greece as well as the entire Schengen Area.
What is the visa fee for Greece visit visa?
Currently, you will have to pay EUR 80 towards the visa fee for visiting Greece.
Is the Schengen visa fees to be paid for children also?
Schengen visa fees is waived for visa applicants that are less than 12 years old.
Can my visit visa for Greece be extended?
The visa is extended only in exceptional cases where certain new facts or special reasons arise after the visa holder’s entry in Greece.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.