Luxembourg student visa
International students who want to study in Luxembourg in a course that extends for more than 90 days will have to get a student visa. This is a long-term visa available to students who have been granted admission by a recognized university or college in Luxembourg.
The student visa is valid for students wanting to do a course, doctoral program or to carry out research. However, citizens of certain countries need not get a visa provided their stay in Luxembourg does not exceed six months.
Foreign students wishing to study here must get their student visa before they enter the country.
- Proof of enrolment as a full-time student in one of the universities in Luxembourg
- Proof that you have paid the full tuition fees for the course
- Passport with a validity of at least six months post the completion of the course
- Copy of the completed and signed visa application form
- Proof that you have enough financial resources to support yourself during the course and the funds for your return to your home country
- Original copy of the ‘temporary authorization to stay’ letter from the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Luxembourg
- Health insurance policy that will cover the total number of days you will be staying for the duration of your course. The policy must have a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros
- You must express your intention to leave Luxembourg at the end of your course
Before entering the country, students must apply for a temporary authorization to stay in the country. They must apply to the immigration department of Luxembourg from their home country. This must be submitted before they travel to Luxembourg.
Before entering the country:
- You must apply for a visa within the 90 days the authorization is valid
- Submit the application to the Immigration Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
- Apply for a Type D visa
After entering the country:
- Make a declaration of your arrival
- Undergo a medical checkup
- Apply for a residence permit
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.