Netherlands Tourist Visa
Netherlands situated in north-western Europe has several tourist attractions of historical and cultural value. If you are planning to visit Netherlands on a vacation, then you will need to get the short-stay Schengen visa. With this visa you can stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period. With this visa you can travel freely within Netherlands and other Schengen countries.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for Tourist Visa:
- Completed application form
- 2 passport size photos
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months with at least two blank pages
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay
- Copy of your return ticket flight reservation
- A cover letter stating the purpose of your visit to Netherlands and your itinerary
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Proof of accommodation for your stay in Netherland
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros from an insurance company approved by the Schengen countries
Additional documents required include:
- Invitation letter from any family member or a sponsor if applicable
- Statement from your bank of the last six months
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
Here are the details of the total visa fees for different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.11278.82|
Extension of tourist visa:
Generally, it is not possible to extend the tourist visa beyond 90 days. But if there are compelling personal circumstances that are forcing you to extend your stay then you will have to produce documents that prove the you will not be able to return to your home country before the 90-day period.
However, you should be able to support yourself financially during the period of your stay or have a sponsor who can support you. You should be covered by insurance if you are extending your stay.
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
What is the fees for visit visa for the Netherlands?
The Netherlands comes under the Schengen Area. From February 2, 2020, Schengen visa applicants have to pay EUR 80 per application.
What is the earliest that I can apply for visit visa for the Netherlands?
From February 2, 2020, the earliest that you can apply is 6 months prior to your intended date of travel. Earlier, the available application period was 3 months.
What is the latest that I can apply for visit visa for the Netherlands?
Applications must be submitted not later than 15 working days before your intended date of travel.
My visit visa for the Netherlands application was rejected. Will I get a refund?
All visa fees are non-refundable. You will not get a refund if your visit visa application is rejected.