BRING YOUR PARENTS TO SETTLE WITH YOU IN AUSTRALIA
Are you an Australian PR holder or citizen and want to call your parents to Australia? The Australia Parent Migration Visa allows PR holders or citizens to sponsor a PR visa for their parents. However, this is not a simple immigration procedure and you will need expert guidance to help you. With our in-depth knowledge and decades of experience with Australian immigration, Y-Axis can help you settle with your parents in Australia.
AUSTRALIA PARENT MIGRATION VISA DETAILS
The Australia Parent Migration Visa is classified into two types:
Non-Contributory Parent Visas: This is a PR visa which has low processing fee but has indefinite processing timelines that may exceed 30+ years. Parent(s) can explore the option of visiting visa under 600 sub class where they grant a visiting visa that lasts up to 18 months on a case to case basis.
Contributory Parent Visas: This is a fast-track PR visa which has a processing timeline of as short as 5-6 years for select applicants based on the queue and cap.
Successful applicants to the Australia Parent Migration Visa can:
- Stay indefinitely in Australia on a PR
- Can live, work and study in Australia
- Can enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme
- Can sponsor their relatives to come to Australia
- Can apply for citizenship
Eligibility criteria for parent visas
Applicant must have a child who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen
Applicant must have a child who has been living in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years before submitting the visa application
Applicant must have a sponsor
Applicant must meet the Balance of family test criteria
Applicant must meet health and character requirements
The documentation and other requirements for Australia Parent Migration Visa includes:
- Having a child who is an Australian citizen, PR holder or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Applicant should have half or more of their children living permanently in Australia
- Meet health, character and other visa conditions
- Applicant’s sponsors should demonstrate financial capability
- Must not have no further stay condition for those applying from Australia
- Passport & travel history
Features of the Temporary Parent visa
Every financial year, the number of spots available under this visa will be limited to 15,000 people.
Parents can apply for this visa in Australia for three or five years. The cost of a three-year visa is AUD 5,000, while a five-year visa is AUD 10,000.
Parents who enter Australia on this visa will be able to reapply for a Subclass 870 visa and, if approved, will be able to stay in Australia for a total of ten years. However, they are unable to work while on this visa.
Conditions of the visa
A child must obtain government clearance as a parent sponsor before a parent can apply for this visa. The following are the requirements for approval:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a taxable income of AUD 83, 454 for the previous financial year, or a combined income with your spouse or de facto partner of AUD 83, 454.
- The necessary police checks must have been conducted.
- There must be no public health or Commonwealth debts to pay.
- You must be prepared to financially support and house your parents in Australia.
- Your parent or parents can apply for a Temporary Parent visa if you have been approved as a parent sponsor.
Eligibility requirements for a Temporary Parent visa
- The applicant must be the biological, adoptive, stepparent, or parent-in-law of a kid who lives in Australia.
- They must have sufficient funds to cover their expenses during their stay in the country.
- They must have health insurance for the duration of their visit.
- They must have followed the terms of any previous Australian visas they have held.
- They must intend to stay in Australia for a short time.
- To be eligible, they must meet the health and character standards.
HOW Y-AXIS CAN HELP YOU?
With our vast experience in Australian immigration, Y-Axis can help you understand and navigate the process with complete confidence. Our services include:
- Eligibility evaluation
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
- Relocation and post-landing support in Australia
The Australia Parent Migration Visa is a cap driven visa. If you are looking to bring your parents to Australia, start your process today to take advantage of friendly immigration policies before they change. Reach out to us for reliable, professional visa application support.
How long parents stay in Australia?
If you are an Australia PR holder/Citizen/eligible New Zealand Citizen, you can bring over your parents for 3 or 5 years under the Subclass 870 Sponsored Parent Provisional Visa.
Can I sponsor my parents to Australia?
You can sponsor your parents to Australia through the Subclass 870 Sponsored Parent Provisional Visa. It offers overseas parents a new route to provisionally unite with their children and grandchildren residing in Australia. This Visa also ensures that the additional costs are not borne by the taxpayers.
How much does it cost to bring parents to Australia?
Subclass 870 Sponsored Parent Provisional Visa allows bringing over parents to Australia for up to 3 or 5 years. The applicant must be a parent of an Australia PR holder/Citizen/eligible New Zealand Citizen. The costs of this Visa are:
- AUD 5,090 for 3 years
- AUD 10,180 for 5 years
How do I apply for an Australian Parent Visa?
To apply for the Subclass 870 Sponsored Parent Provisional Visa, the parent must be the adoptive, biological, or Step parent of the sponsor. The Sponsor must be an Australia PR holder/Citizen/eligible New Zealand Citizen.