Sweden Tourist Visa
Sweden offers a mix of stunning lakes, beautiful islands, forests and mountains. This Scandinavian nation has much to offer for tourists. If you are planning to visit Sweden on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Sweden which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Sweden is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Sweden and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Poland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Valid medical insurance with a cover of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your visit to Sweden and your itinerary
- Proof of accommodation during the duration of stay
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.)
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa.
Visa fees for different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.11078.82|
|Child (below 6 years)||Rs.8578.82|
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Do I have to apply for a visa or a residence permit for visiting Sweden?
If you wish to visit Sweden for less than 90 days and you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you may be required to apply for a visa.
However, if you wish to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you will have to apply for a residence permit for a visitor.
What is the earliest that I can apply for visit visa Sweden?
The earliest that you can apply for a visit visa for Sweden is 6 months before your intended travel.
What is the processing time for a visit visa for Sweden?
Most of the applications for Sweden visit visa are processed within 14 days from the successful submission of the application.
Which form is to be filled by the person inviting me to Sweden?
For this, the person – friend or relative – inviting you to Sweden will have to fill up “Invitation for Application for Schengen visa Form Number 241011”.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.