Sweden Tourist Visa
Sweden offers a mix of stunning lakes, beautiful islands, forests and mountains. This Scandinavian nation has much to offer for tourists. If you are planning to visit Sweden on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
Officially Konungariket Sverige, the Kingdom of Sweden is one of the countries located on the Scandinavian Peninsula, the other country being Norway.
While sharing its land borders with Finland (in the east) and Norway (to the west and north), Sweden is connected to Denmark (towards the southwest) by a bridge-tunnel.
The country also has maritime borders with – Germany, Poland, Denmark, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
Stockholm is the capital as well as the largest city in Sweden. Swedish is the official language of the country. English is widely spoken.
Though Sweden is a part of the European Union (EU), the country is yet to adopt the Euro as the legal tender. The monetary unit in Sweden is the krona (plural ‘kronor”), with the currency abbreviation of SEK.
Despite its small population and large land area, Sweden is a technologically advanced country, with a good communications system and infrastructure.
Prominent tourist destinations in Sweden include –
· Vasa Museum, Stockholm
· Drottningholm Palace
· Skansen, the world’s first open-air museum
· James Bond Museum
· Sarek National Park
· Dragon Gate
· Ales Stenar
· Oresund Bridge
· Are Ski Resort
WHY VISIT SWEDEN
There are many reasons that make Sweden worth visiting. These include –
- Sweden is among the Top 10 happiest countries in the world (as per World Happiness Report 2021)
- Midsummer in Sweden is a national holiday
- Amazing palaces to see
- Fascinating museums
- Stunning national parks
- Winter sports
- Friendly and welcoming locals
- The magical Northern Lights
- Fun amusement parks
There is a lot that Sweden has to offer as a viable visit overseas option in the EU. In addition to being a great place to experience the cold Northern European conditions, Sweden is also a good place to enjoy Scandinavian life and culture.
There are many reasons indeed to visit Sweden as a tourist.
Sweden Tourist Visa
You will need a short-term visa to visit Sweden which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Sweden is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Sweden and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Poland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Valid medical insurance with a cover of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your visit to Sweden and your itinerary
- Proof of accommodation during the duration of stay
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.)
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa.
Visa fees for different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.11078.82|
|Child (below 6 years)||Rs.8578.82|
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Do I have to apply for a visa or a residence permit for visiting Sweden?
If you wish to visit Sweden for less than 90 days and you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you may be required to apply for a visa.
However, if you wish to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you will have to apply for a residence permit for a visitor.
What is the earliest that I can apply for visit visa Sweden?
The earliest that you can apply for a visit visa for Sweden is 6 months before your intended travel.
What is the processing time for a visit visa for Sweden?
Most of the applications for Sweden visit visa are processed within 14 days from the successful submission of the application.
Which form is to be filled by the person inviting me to Sweden?
For this, the person – friend or relative – inviting you to Sweden will have to fill up “Invitation for Application for Schengen visa Form Number 241011”.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.