Finland Tourist Visa
If you are planning to visit Finland as a tourist, then you must know the visa requirements for this northern European nation.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Finland which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Finland is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Finland and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Issue date of passport must be within the previous ten years
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Finland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros from an insurance company approved by the Schengen countries
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents. Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
Here are the details of the visa fees for different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.11138.82|
|Child (below 6 years)||Rs.8578.82|
Extension of tourist visa
Generally, it is not possible to extend the tourist visa beyond 90 days. But under certain emergency circumstances such as sudden cancellation of flights, acute illness or humanitarian reasons, the visa can be extended. Fees will be charged for the extension of the visa.
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
What is the Seasonal Workers’ visa for Finland?
Normally, you would require a residence permit for being able to work in Finland.
For seasonal work, however, you do not require a work permit. You will need a visa for taking up seasonal work in Finland.
By seasonal work is meant agricultural and tourism-related work done at only certain times in any year. For example, picking of wild berries.
What if I want to submit my visa application at the Embassy of Finland in New Delhi?
While the majority of the applications are routed through the Visa Application Centre, the Embassy still accepts a certain limited number of visa applications in a week.
Appointments for visa application submission at the Embassy should also be booked through the Visa Application Centre.
Do keep in mind that the application slots are very limited at the Embassy.
Do Indian nationals need a visa for visiting Finland?
Generally, Indians require a visa for visiting Finland.
Where do I apply for Finland Tourist Visa?
For submitting your Schengen visa application with Finland as your main destination, you will have to go through the Visa Application Centre.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.