Vietnam Tourist Visa
Vietnam is a country in South East Asia on the South China sea that is known for its beautiful beaches, rivers, museums and Buddhist pagodas.
Trekking is a common activity here, particularly in the Sapa mountains and the Cuc Phuong National Park primeval landscape. Other places to visit include the famous Hoi Truong Thong Nhat palace and the Emperor Jade Pagoda.
Do Indian passport holders need a visa to enter Vietnam?
Indian passport holders require a visa for entering Vietnam.
However, Indian nationals can submit an application for a Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA). After applying online, they can travel to Vietnam and get their visa on arrival at any of the international airports in Vietnam, such as – Nha Trang, Ha Noi, Ho Chih Minh City, and Da Nang.
Basic stepwise process
· Apply electronically by completing the online visa application form
· Obtain a visa on arrival approval letter
· Use the VOA approval letter at an international airport in Vietnam to pick up your Vietnam tourist visa.
Vietnam tourist visas available
– One-month, single entry or multiple entry visa
– Three-month, single entry visa
– Three-month, multiple entry visa
Points to note
1. Ensure that your passport has at least six months’ validity from the date of arrival in Vietnam.
2. Blank pages to be available in the passport for a new Vietnam visa stamp.
3. Keep your passport-sized photos with you at the time of picking up your VOA in Vietnam.
4. The VOA facility is only available for those travelling by air to Vietnam.
5. You can enter Vietnam after your listed date of arrival.
6. You can’t enter Vietnam before your listed date of arrival.
Vietnam is among the most popular visit overseas destinations among Indian passport holders.
Once spelled as Viet Nam (that is, as two separate words), Vietnam is officially the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
An S-shaped country in terms of its geography, Vietnam is situated on the eastern coast of Mainland Southeast Asia. Vietnam is bordered by China in the north, the Eastern Sea to the east, and Laos and Cambodia towards the west.
Vietnam has a long coastline of more than 3,200 kilometers, running from Mong Cai in the north to Ko Tien in the southwest. The country’s territorial waters in the Eastern Sea include various islands.
Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam. Also known as Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city in Vietnam, along with being the former capital as well. The national language is Vietnamese.
Viet Nam Dong (VND) is the currency in Vietnam.
With a population of over 96 million, Vietnam is among the most populous countries in the world.
Prominent tourist destinations in Vietnam include –
· Khai Dinh Tomb in Hue
· Phuoc Lam Pagoda
· Assembly Hall Of Fujian
· Ponagar Tower
· Ninh Van Bay
· Ba Ho Waterfalls
· Agarwood Tower
· Fansipan Mountain
· The Perfume River
· Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park
· Vietnam Museum Of Ethnology
· Hoi An Ancient Town
· Sapa Countryside
· Cham Island
WHY VISIT VIETNAM
There are many reasons that make Vietnam worth visiting. These include –
- Friendliness in every part, from the urban cities to the rural countryside
- A rich history
- Among the oldest cultures in Southeast Asia
- Multilevel markets, like Han Market in Da Nang
- Natural beauty
- Many adventure activities
- Low cost per experience
- Excellent land transportation system
- Centrally-located in south-east Asia
Awesome food in general and street food in particular, ancient buildings, and picturesque natural wonders all come together to make Vietnam worth visiting. Vietnam has something for every traveler.
E-visa for tourists:
A tourist visa is required to visit Vietnam. The single-entry visa is valid for 30 days. Vietnam provides an e-visa facility for citizens of 46 countries including India. The citizens of these countries can apply online for a tourist visa and get their visas. The visa gives them permission to travel to Vietnam.
- Passport with six months validity
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Copy of return ticket
- Bank statement of last three months
- Proof that you have enough finances to fund your visit
Steps to apply for e-visa:
The application for this e-Visa is quite easy. It has three steps:
- STEP 1: Fill out the online application form where you will have to provide details like date of arrival, passport number, name, date of birth, and nationality. The information should match the information on your passport.
- STEP 2: Pay the service fee and government fee online
- STEP 3: Download the Vietnam e-Visa received by e-mail and print it to show it on arrival in Vietnam
You will receive the visa within 3 business days. However, it depends on the processing time that you choose.
The e-visa is a single-entry visa and you can enter the country within the 30 days of its validity period. Tourists should always carry their e-visa during their stay in Vietnam.
It is possible to renew the e-visa once the 30 days have passed in order to extend your stay.
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Advise you on the required documentation
Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
Fill out the application forms
Review your documents for the visa application
Which should I apply to for visiting Vietnam – visa on arrival or e-Visa?
Depends upon your travel plans. You can apply for the Vietnamese e-Visa if you intend entering Vietnam only 1 time [single-entry] within the 30 days’ validity period.
However, if you are planning on staying in Vietnam beyond 30 days or intend multiple visits, you can apply for a visa on arrival instead.
What is the validity of the e-Visa for Vietnam?
A Vietnamese e-Visa comes with a validity of 30 days.
What is the processing time for a Vietnam e-Visa?
Generally, an e-Visa for Vietnam takes 3 working days for processing.
How does one apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
The visa applicant must complete an online application for a visa approval letter, which serves as an official authorization to board the flight and have the visa stamped at the Vietnam arrival airport. You must submit your Vietnam acceptance letter along with your passport (valid for at least 6 months), two passport-sized pictures, and a Vietnamese visa application to get your visa stamped.
There is a fundamental distinction between a visa on arrival and a visa issued by a Vietnamese embassy. The Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a visa acceptance letter with your name on it stating that you are authorized to visit Vietnam on a specific date if you apply for a visa on arrival. The visa will then be stamped onto your passport at the Vietnam arrival airport. However, for visas sought for at Vietnamese embassies, the visa will be stamped on your passport and sent back to you
What is the difference between single entry and multiple entry visa?
Single entry-You are only allowed to enter Vietnam ONCE during the term of your visa. Your visa will instantly become invalid after you leave Vietnam. If you want to return, you must apply for a multiple entry visa.
Multiple entry- You can enter and exit Vietnam as many times as you like throughout the duration of your visa.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.