Brazil Tourist Visa
Brazil, the largest South American nation is a tourist’s paradise. Known for its tropical climate, beautiful beaches and bustling cities with rich culture, there is so much to see and do here.
For tourists wishing to come here, Brazil exempted the tourist visa for citizens of most countries in June 2019. These tourists can visit Brazil for 90 days which can be extended for an additional 90 days. However, visitors must stay for less than 180 days within a 12-month period.
Other requirements include:
- Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
- Hold proof of sufficient funds
- Copies of onward/return airline tickets
- Have documents required for the next destination
Benefits of not having requirement for a tourist visa
- You do not need to fill out long application forms or provide additional documentation such as letters from friends and employers, pictures, passport copies and bank statements
- You need not disclose confidential information
- You don’t need to pay for a visa (besides tickets, hotels and more)
- You don’t have to wait until the embassy processes your visa application
- You can travel whenever you want without planning days or weeks in advance
- You don’t have to wait on your arrival in long queues at the airport to get your visa
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Do I need a visa to visit Brazil?
Generally, Indian passport holders require a valid visa for travelling to Brazil. Their passport must have a minimum of 6 months’ validity remaining. A return ticket will also be needed.
Which visa do I have to apply to for going to Brazil on a short visit?
You will have to apply for the Brazil visitor visa [VIVIS].
For foreigners who intend to visit Brazil for a short period of time, a tourist visa is given. It is only valid for a maximum of 90 days. If you intend to visit Brazil as a tourist or for leisure purposes, including sports activities, you must apply for a Brazil tourist visa.
What can I do in Brazil on my visitor visa?
A visitor visa [VIVIS] for Brazil is issued for the following purposes –
- For taking part in business meetings, events, fairs etc. or prospecting business opportunities
- Taking part in recreational, educational or cultural activities
- Participation in workshops, conferences etc.
- Visiting family
- Performing voluntary work
- Media/film coverage
- Learning or research activities
- As a consultant or auditor
- For transiting through a Brazilian airport on an onward journey to another country
- Joining vessel or aircraft as part of a crew
What is the processing time for Brazil visit visa?
The average processing time for visa category VIVIS is from 10 to 15 working days.
Can I ask for expedited processing of my Brazil visit visa?
As such, the Embassy of Brazil in India does not offer “any facility fast tracking issuance of visas”. The Consular Section does not entertain any requests for expediting the process.
Can I work in Brazil on my visitor visa?
No. While in Brazil on a VIVIS category visa, an individual cannot engage in any form of remunerated work, that is, work for which they would normally have been paid.
What is the period of stay allowed on my Brazil tourist visa?
Indian passport holders will have 1 year from the date of issue to use the visa. After the first entry into Brazil, the visa will be valid for 90 consecutive days. Multiple entries are allowed.
Do note that, irrespective of the time actually spend in Brazil, the visa will expire after 90 consecutive days that are to be counted from the date of first entering Brazil.
Can I extend my Brazil tourist visa?
A Brazil tourist visa is extendable for another 90 days. A request for the same will have to be made to the Brazilian Federal Police. However, the total stay in Brazil allowed must not exceed 180 days in every 12-month period.
You must submit an application for a visa extension to the Brazilian Federal Police’s local office (DPF). The application must be submitted at least two weeks before your visa expires, but no earlier than one month.
Can I avail the visa on arrival facility for visit Brazil?
The visa on arrival facility is not available.
Can I submit my Brazil visa online?
Visa applications submitted by post or via email will not be accepted.
You must apply for a Brazil visa at one of Brazil’s embassies or consulates in your home country. The procedure varies slightly based on where you live and where the Brazil visa application must be submitted.
What is the earliest I may apply for a Brazil visa online?
The earliest date for applying for a Brazil visa is one month before to the date of trip.
Please send your request at least 10 days prior to your departure date.
What are the eligibility requirements for Brazil tourist visa?
You must meet the following requirements in order to get a tourist visa:
You must have a legitimate and strong reason for visiting the country.
You must have enough money to maintain yourself and any dependents throughout your stay.
You must have strong ties to your home country in order to return after your stay.
You must be of good character and have a clean criminal record. For this, you may be required to present a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate).
You must meet the authorities’ basic health requirements.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.