Switzerland Tourist Visa
Switzerland known for the Alps Mountains is a tourist’s paradise. If you are planning to visit the country, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Switzerland which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Switzerland is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Switzerland and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Switzerland
- Schengen travel visa insurance or a health insurance covering Switzerland and the Schengen Area for medical emergencies with a minimum coverage of 30,000 pounds
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Proof of income tax returns
- A cover letter explaining why you want to visit Switzerland, your duration of stay, date of return etc.
- Documents proving your civil status which could either be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
Here are the details of the visa fees for different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.12941.82|
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis is best positioned to help you with your Switzerland visit visa. Our teams will help you:
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Talk to us to get your Switzerland visit visa process underway
What kind of visa do I need for visiting Switzerland?
A Type C visa is needed for short-term stays up to a maximum of 90 days in any 180-days’ period. On a Type C visa, you can do business, attend study programs, visit friends/relatives, participate in cultural or sporting events etc.
Why is a Type C visa for visit Switzerland also called a Schengen visa?
As Type C visas are valid throughout the Schengen Area, they are commonly referred to as Schengen visas.
How long can I remain in Switzerland on my visit visa?
You cannot stay beyond 90 days in any 180-days’ period.
Are the days of my entry and departure included in the 90-day limit?
Yes. Both the days that you enter into and exit from the Schengen Area are included in the calculation of the total duration of the stay.
What if I have to stay in Switzerland for more than 90 days?
A Type D visa is required for a stay that is more than 90 days in duration. A national visa, Type D visas are commonly given for – prolonged medical treatment, family reunification, work, or studies in Switzerland.
What is the processing time for visit visa for Switzerland?
Typically, once your application is considered to be admissible, a decision will be taken within 15 calendar days.
In certain cases, the processing time can be extended up to 30 or even 60 days.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.