Norway Tourist Visa
Norway offers a mix of cultural and natural attractions to tourists. This land of the midnight sun has the stunning Northern Lights to offer. There are beautiful sceneries from snow-caped mountains to spectacular Fjords. The country is home to museums dedicated to a range of subjects from Vikings to seafaring. If you are planning to visit Norway on a tourist visa, then you must know the visa requirements.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Norway which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Norway is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Norway and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Poland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Valid medical insurance with a cover of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your visit to Norway and your itinerary
- Proof of accommodation during the duration of stay
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.)
- Invitation letter containing the address and phone number of the family member or sponsor.
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
What is the processing time for the Norway visitor visa?
Ideally, applications are decided upon within 15 days from submission of the application.
The processing time can be extended to a maximum of 30 days if more scrutiny of the application is needed.
In certain specific cases where some additional documentation is required, the processing time can be extended further, that is, to a maximum of 60 days.
How long can I stay in Norway on a visitor's visa?
A visitor’s visa will let you stay on in Norway for up to a total of 90 days over a period of 180 days.
When you get a visitor visa for Norway, you can also visit any of the other Schengen countries as well.
What other documents should I carry when I travel on a Schengen visa?
Do keep in mind that merely having a Schengen visa in your possession does not confer you with an automatic right to enter the Schengen Area.
You might be asked to produce additional documents at the external border. Documents might be required justifying the purpose of stay and conditions attached to your stay; as well as for proving that either you have sufficient means of subsistence with you or are able to arrange the same lawfully. The means of subsistence should cover your intended stay as well as return to home country or to a third state into which there is a certainty of your being admitted.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.