Belgium Business Visa
A Belgium Business Visa is for people who wish to engage in business-related activities in Belgium. Hence, if you wish to attend a meeting or conference, makes sales, build connections etc., you would need to get a Business Visa for Belgium.
You will need the following to apply for a Business Schengen Visa for Belgium:
- A letter of invitation: This invitation letter should be from the company that you intend to visit in Belgium. The letter should be on the official letterhead containing the complete address and contact details of the company. It should also contain the dates of your visit to this company.
- Letter from your employer: You will need to submit a letter from your employer stating your purpose of visit to Belgium. The letter needs to be on the official letterhead of the company. The letter should also state that your company approves your leave during your period of visit to Belgium.
- Business bank statement: You will need to submit your company’s bank statements for the recent 6 months.
Memorandum and Article of Association: This is registered with joint-stock companies. If available, you will need to submit an original certified copy.
- Trade License: You will need to submit your company’s trade license. A copy of the original license, as well as the currently renewed license, needs to be submitted.
- Evidence of trip financing: Your trip to Belgium can be financed by your home company or the company that you are visiting in Belgium. The details of the same must be mentioned in the invitation letter.
How can Y-Axis help you?
Y-Axis can help you by:
- Assessing which would be the best Visa for you to apply
- Give you advice on the documentation that would be needed for the visa
- Provide advice on how to show the funds that would be needed for the trip
- Complete the application process
- Review the documents that you are going to submit with your visa application
- Help you prepare for an interview in the event one is required
Do I have to submit my old passports too?
Though not mandatorily required, you can submit your old passport(s) as a documentary proof of your trips in the past. Submission of old passport(s) can be quite useful for decision-making. Do keep in mind that you can submit a maximum of 2 old passports.
What are the visas for Belgium?
The visa that you require will depend on the reason and the duration of your visit.
Following visas are available for Belgium –
Airport transit visa that lets you stay in the international transit area of an airport while you are waiting for your connecting flight on your onward journey.
Valid for transit through 1 or more than one Schengen countries on your way from one non-Schengen country to another (also a non-Schengen country). For this visa, the transit must not last longer than 5 days.
Allows entry into Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days’ stay in a 6-months’ period.
This is for a stay beyond 90 days. Valid only in Belgium but can be utilized for transiting through one or more countries in the Schengen Area.
Type D + C
Allows you to travel freely in the Schengen Area in the initial 3 months after entering Belgium, while awaiting your official residence permit.
Which visa will I require?
For going to Belgium on a business-related trip, you will require a short stay Type C – Business Visa.
This is for trips lasting not more than 90 days.
Is the process different from a Tourist visa for Belgium?
No. Both the business visa and tourist visa for Belgium have similar costs, requirements, and processes.
The main difference between the 2 is that for a Business visa you will have to provide either of the following –
- An invitation letter from an organization in Belgium that requires your presence, or
- A letter from your employer detailing the purpose of your trip
You do not require either of the above when you go to Belgium as a tourist.
What can be submitted as proof of financial means for Type C – Business visa?
You can submit either of the following as proof of financial means –
- Last 3 salary slips
- Recent 3 months’ bank statements
- Income tax papers
What is the ideal time to submit my visa application?
Ideally, you should aim at submitting your visa application at least 1 month before the date of your scheduled trip to Belgium.
What is the earliest date for submitting my visa application for Type C – Business visa?
The earliest that you can submit your visa application is 3 months before the date of your planned visit.
What if I want to change my purpose of visit later?
You cannot change your purpose of visit later on as it will not be admissible.
Can I extend my visa?
No extension is allowed.
What if I must change my purpose of visa / extend my visa?
If, for any reason, you absolutely must either change the purpose of your visit or get an extension, you will be required to submit a new application.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.