Settle In Denmark As An Entrepreneur
Denmark has thrown open its doors to entrepreneurs looking to permanently settle in Denmark. Through the Startup Denmark program, Denmark is seeking dynamic entrepreneurs who can permanently settle and establish their startup in Denmark. The program is ideal for entrepreneurs with scalable ideas seeking an ecosystem that can enable their ideas as well as offer them a high standard of living. Y-Axis can help you craft a compelling application that gives you the highest chance of succeeding with the Denmark Startup Program for Entrepreneurs.
Denmark Startup Visa for Entrepreneurs Program Details
The Denmark Startup Visa for Entrepreneurs aims to attract high-growth startups to Denmark with a preference for innovative & scalable ideas. Under this program you can:
- Settle in Denmark with your dependants for up to two years with the possibility of extensions
- Get access to healthcare & education benefits for you and your dependants
- Gain access to a high standard of life
- Get tax benefits upon getting residency
- Access to business programs and subsidies
- Access to European Single Market for your startup
Start-up Denmark is a program run by the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI) that allows you and your family to apply for a two-year residence permit in Denmark by forming an innovative company that must be approved by a Danish Business Authority-appointed panel of experts.
Applicants must be actively involved in the operation of the business and show proof demonstrating their strong financial standing in order to be considered for this visa. If you decide to change or close your business and establish a new one, you will need to apply for a new Denmark Golden Visa and work permit.
Your application is examined by an independent expert panel based on your business strategy. If the panel approves your business plan, you can apply for a self-employed entrepreneur residence and work permit. The permit is valid for up to two years, with the option of extending it for up to three years at a time.
This business visa takes one month to process and requires a minimum investment of €100,000 in one of several Danish sectors including cleantech, research and technology, real estate and construction.
Benefits of the program
As a permit holder under the Start-up Denmark program, you will be able to live in Denmark and travel to other Schengen countries. If some extra requirements are completed, permanent residence can be granted in 6 or 4 years. To preserve their re-entry permission, however, permit holders must not stay abroad for more than 6 months on a continuous basis.
After 5 years of continuous residence, holders of the Denmark Golden Visa are eligible for permanent residency, and after 9 years of continuous residence, they can apply for Danish citizenship.
With the benefits of living in the world’s happiest country, foreign investors and expats will find the Denmark to be the right place to pursue their careers as well as the ideal home for their families.
The documentation required for the Denmark Startup Visa for Entrepreneurs includes:
- Passport & travel history
- Educational and business credentials
- Applicants must be self-employed and non-EU, non-EEA citizens
- Start-up Denmark is for innovative, scalable and, ideally, tech-driven businesses with a clear growth potential. Therefore, businesses such as restaurants, consultancy firms, retail shops and import/export enterprises will generally be rejected and thus not presented to the Start-up Denmark expert panel
- English Language Proficiency
- Meet the financial sufficiency criteria
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis can help you understand and apply for the Denmark Startup Visa for Entrepreneurs. Our teams will help you with:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
- Relocation and post-landing support in Denmark
This is a time bound application and the quicker you apply the higher your chances of success. Talk to us today to know more.
Who can apply for the Startup Denmark program?
Only non-EU (European Union) and non-EEA (European Economic Area) citizens are eligible to apply for Startup Denmark.
A business plan can be submitted by a group of up to three non-EU, non-EEA citizens. If the company concept is approved by the Startup Denmark expert panel, the candidates must apply separately to the immigration authorities for a residence and work visa.
What are the sectors one can invest in?
One can invest in a new or established business in these sectors:
- Real estate and construction
- Research and Technology
- Life sciences Cleantech
- Maritime and Ship building
- Wind Energy
- Automotive & Machinery
- Wind Energy
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.