Indonesia Tourist Visa
Indonesia is an archipelago of over 17,000 island and is a beautiful combination of oceans, mountains, and forests.
The country attracts a considerable number of tourists every year. One reason for this is that it offers economical options for tourists to visit the country. There are two visa options for tourists- Visit visa and Visa on Arrival.
Visa on arrival
Indonesia offers a Visa on arrival to citizens of 68 countries including India. These countries share strong diplomatic ties with Indonesia. Individuals with this visa can stay in the country for one month and even extend their visa if they have a valid reason.
Eligibility conditions for this visa includes having a passport that is valid for a minimum of 6 months. Applicants should also have a return ticket for the visa application to be processed. This visa can be used for various purposes that include:
- Family visits
- Social and cultural exchange
- Educational visit (attending a conference/seminar)
- Government visit
- Attend meetings held by offices of parent organization in Indonesia
- Short-term stay before a forward journey
Visit Visa to Indonesia
If you wish to visit Indonesia for tourism purposes, you should apply for a visit visa. This visa is valid for a period of 90 days. You can stay in the country for a maximum of 60 days. The visa can be extended provided you complete certain immigration formalities.
Individuals can travel to the county only within the validity of the visa. In case they cannot travel in the stipulated time, they will have to apply for a new visa.
To apply for the visit visa, you must register with the Indonesian Immigration Department by providing your basic information and paying the fees. A visa is granted once the verification is done.
- A valid passport
- Passport size photos
- Old passports and visa
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Copy of return ticket
- A cover letter with all the required details about your itinerary
- Proof that you have enough finances to fund your visit
- Sponsor letter from a family member, friend or institution inviting the applicant. This letter should contain the local ID of the sponsor
Before you apply for a visit visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements, fill the application form, attach the required documents and pay the required fees.
Indonesia Visit Visa Fee Details
|Single entry||INR 3,400|
|Multiple entry||INR 6,800|
It can take anywhere between 3 and 5 working days in order to process the visa. Individuals should make their applications in advance to avoid delays in their travel plans.
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Do I need a visa for visiting Indonesia for short duration?
Nationals of certain countries are eligible for a free 30-day non-extendable visa to Indonesia. India is on the list of eligible countries for visa-free travel to Indonesia.
What is the 30-day free Indonesia visa valid for?
A foreign national can make use of the 30-day free Indonesia visa for travelling to Indonesia for the purpose of –
- Leisure and tourism
- Government visits
- Art and cultural
- Attending a seminar or giving a lecture
- In transit while on an onwards journey to another country
- Attending a meeting that is held by the Head Office or a Representative Office in Indonesia
Are there any specific Indonesian airports that allow visa free entry?
Visitors from countries that are eligible for the 30-day free Indonesia visa can enter as well as exit through any of the 29 airports, 7 land borders, and 88 harbours in Indonesia.
Is the 30-day free Indonesia visa extendable?
No. The free 30-day Indonesian visa cannot be extended.
Can I convert my 30-day free visa to another visa while in Indonesia?
No. The free 30-day Indonesian visa cannot be converted into any other visa while in the Indonesian country.