Germany Tourist Visa
If you are planning to visit Germany as a tourist, then you must know the visa requirements for this European nation.
You will need a short-term visa to visit Germany which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Germany is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Germany and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Eligibility requirements to apply for Germany tourist visa:
- A valid passport
- Issue date of passport must be within the previous ten years
- Passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Germany
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros
- No-objection certificate from your university or school of you are student and from your employer of you are working in a company
- A Cover letter explaining your reason to visit Germany
- Proof of civil status. That could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card (if applicable), etc.
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Which visa do I need to visit Germany?
For a short stay trip to Germany that is less than 90 days in duration, a Schengen short stay visa will be needed. This is also known as a Type C visa.
For staying in Germany beyond 90 days, you will require a German long-stay visa. This is also referred to as a Type D visa.
What are the types of short stay visas available for Germany?
Depending on your purpose of visit, you can select any of the following types available –
- Germany Business Visa
- Germany Medical Visa
- Germany Tourist Visa
- Germany Transit Visa
- Germany Airport Transit Visa
- Visa for Visiting Family or Friends in Germany
- Visa for Official Visit in Germany
- Germany Training/Internship Visa
- Germany Trade Fair & Exhibitions Visa
- Germany Visa for Cultural, Sports and Film Crews
What is the processing time for short-stay visit visa for Germany?
Most applications are processed within 2 weeks. In some cases, a longer time – up to 30 calendar days – might be required for processing.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.