COMPLETE ADMISSIONS SUPPORT TO STUDY IN DUBAI
Dubai is known as the Education Hub for providing excellent facilities in terms of education to locals and International Students. Many campuses in Dubai offer education to International Students, providing popular courses like Science, Engineering and Technology, Architecture, Aviation, Management, Business, Economics, Media and Mass, Computers and IT, Law, Natural Sciences etc. The degrees are highly reputed and globally recognised leading to work opportunities in the country and globally. While Architecture is in high demand, programs in building construction and Interior designing are very popular courses.
Why study in Dubai?
- Safest place to live, this solves the biggest worry of every parent!
- Well established Education System.
- Universities in Dubai provide modern infrastructure.
- Tuition and living costs are less as compared with other countries like the United Kingdom, the United States, and European Countries etc.
- One of the fastest growing economies with ample opportunities, allowing a bright career for students globally post their study.
- Students experience the cultural diversity with more than 200 nationalities in Dubai, which is very helpful for their future.
Study Undergrad (for international students) in Dubai
- IELTS / TOEFL needed
- A minimum of 12 years of schooling with minimum 60% and above.
- Some universities like the Al Ghurair University, University of Wollongong in Dubai and Middlesex University Dubai requires a minimum percentage 65% if you are coming from CBSE or ISC board
- Students who gets more than 75% in English may be exempted for IELTS
Note: Competitive Universities need EmSAT for UG admission.
The EmSAT is a national system of standardized computer-based tests, based on United Arab Emirates national standards. The Competitive and primary university admission criteria for public and private universities. The test includes several subjects Arabic, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science and Biology. However, Arabic is not mandatory for international Students.
Study postgraduate (for international students) in Dubai
- Foreign universities with branches in Dubai look for qualifications similar to that in their country. For example Murdoch University. Dubai looks for postgraduate qualification that meets the same academic standards as an Australian three year bachelor degree. However, it does not mean it has to be an Australian degree.
- 60% and above percentage in Undergraduate degree will be considered.
- For admission one needs bachelor’s degree along with TOEFL or IELTS.
- Admissions to MBA programs in Dubai require students having relevant work experience of 2-4 years depending upon the program and the university applied.
COST OF STUDYING IN DUBAI
|Study Program||Average fees(*AED)/Annum|
|Under Graduate||37,500 to 70,000|
|Post Graduate||55,000 to 75,000|
Intakes and deadlines:
- Intakes for Under graduation: April/May; July/August; December/January.
- Intakes for Post-graduation: July/August; December/January.
In some universities, the admission happens all through-out the year. So, the admissions happen in fall, spring and summer. The fall season attracts most of the international admissions.
Students are advised to apply 3-4 months before the intake.
WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS:
United Arab Emirate provides off-campus part-time job opportunities to International Students ONLY on PERMISSION from department of Labour and students require permission from the University or College for part-time work.
Student age should be above 18yrs to work.
- During sessions, students can work for 15 hours per week or 60 hours per month.
- During summer breaks, they can work for 40 hours per week or 160 hours per month.
Dubai Student visa requirements
- Have a Valid Passport and required no. of photographs.
- Undergraduate degree certificates and mark sheets in case of Post graduate courses.
- Admission Offer Letter received from Dubai University/Institute
- English test scores.
- Sponsor for visa , who can be either the Institute/Parent or relative allowing the visa filing only through them.
- Sufficient funds and related evidences
- Arranged accommodation proof
- Funds ready to transfer the tuition fee for the first year which has to be paid as part of admission process.
- Student visa fee receipt.
- Any additional documents like statement of purpose, recommendation letters may be required as per University requirements.
- Undergo and satisfy medical requirements post arrival(tested for HIV, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, Leprosy, Syphilis and Tuberculosis.
- Medical/travel insurance
An extra 1,200 AED (330 USD) per month should generally be included for general living expenses(AED15000 per annum).Student should be ready with funds for 1 year tuition and living costs transferable, and sufficient evidences to prove the funds covering the entire course fees.
Steps to study abroad in Dubai:
Research Your Options:
Before you shortlist the universities/institutes, decide what you want to study, where you want to live, overall cost, various opportunities etc.
Shortlist the universities/Institutes (about 10 universities should do) & study programs that meet your requirements and you want to apply for.
Prepare for entrance exams:
Prepare for the standardized tests like TOEFL/IELTS etc. based on the requirements of the universities & colleges. Register for these tests in advance. While applying for the tests you should also plan for the time required in case you need to retake the test. You should complete these tests before few months of the intake.
Finance your studies:
Ensure that you have the money ready for your entire period of study in DUBAI along with accommodation, local travel, food, and other miscellaneous expenses. Decide on how you will finance your studies – personal saving, education loans, student scholarships or assistantship.
Apply to university/Institutes:
Every University/Institute has its own admission requirements. Complete the applications well before deadlines. Your consultant can help you in choosing the right Institute and guidance on application process and submissions
Once you get your acceptance letters from the universities/Institutes that you have applied to, choose the university you would like to study at. The next step is to pay the required fees and proceed with Admissions confirmation.
Get Student Visa:
Once you get admission confirmation done, you can apply for your student visa(entry permit) through the sponsor(University/Institute/ Or Parent/Relative). Your Sponsor need to apply for a residence visa once you enter the country.
Student visa will be issued for 1 year and can be extended as per the course duration. Any student staying more than 6 months outside Dubai, will make his visa invalid.
Processing time : 2-4 weeks
WORK OPPORTUNITIES AFTER YOU GRADUATE:
- International students in Dubai on a student visa cannot take up a job in Dubai. Nevertheless, internship opportunities are available following the completion of their studies in Dubai. Internships are usually unpaid.
- Dubai has provided ways to encourage international students by allowing them to do internships post their graduation. Recent graduates can take up internships through their University/Institute permission and recommendations.
- University students who graduate with a distinctive GPA of at least 3.75 from universities will be allowed a long-term visa for 5 years renewable visa allowing you a permanent stay. You can find a job and settle in the country. Visa benefits will also include families of the outstanding students.
- Graduates can also look for jobs with in Dubai and upon finding an employer can apply for a work permit through their employer, without which it is not allowed to work.
- The main type of Dubai work visa is the “Residence permit for employment issued for an employee”.
- The Dubai residence permit for employment issued for an employee permits an individual – intending to work in Dubai within the private sector – to remain in the country for up to 3 years.
- An international student must plan on supporting themselves after the completion of their studies, so that they have the time for looking for jobs in Dubai after graduation.
- On receiving a job offer, that employer will be processing a Dubai work permit without which no recent graduate can begin working full-time in Dubai.
- The minimum employment age in the UAE/Dubai is 18 years.
How Y-Axis can help you?
- Strategy report, prepared as per your profile
- Course recommendations
- Admission application process & submissions
- Statement of Purpose [SOP]
- Letter of Recommendation [LOR] guidance
- IELTS coaching
- Scholarship assistance & applications, as per availability
- Student visa application documentation guidance, as per the University/College
- Resume preparation
- Pre-departure orientation
- Post-landing assistance
Popular Majors in Dubai
- Design – Design and Innovation, Fashion & Textile Design, Jewellery Design, Construction Design and Architecture, Interior Design
- Management – Business Management, International Business, Retail and Supply Chain Management, Disaster Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Information Technology & Computer systems Engineering
- Marketing – Digital Marketing, Business Analytics
List of Universities / Colleges in Dubai
|Name of Universities||MOHRE(CAA) Accreditation||KHDA Accreditation|
|Abu Dhabi University – Dubai||Y|
|Al Dar University College||Y|
|Al Falah University||Y|
|Al Ghurair University||Y|
|American College Of Dubai||Y|
|American University in Dubai||Y||Y|
|American University In The Emirates||Y|
|Amity University Dubai||Y|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani||Y|
|British University in Dubai||Y|
|Canadian University In Dubai||Y|
|City, University of London|
|Dubai Institute of Design and Innovation||Y||Y|
|Dubai Medical College For Girls||Y|
|Dubai Pharmacy College For Girls||Y|
|Dubai Police Academy||Y|
|Emirates Academy Of Hospitality Management||Y|
|Emirates Aviation University||Y||Y|
|Emirates College For Management And Information Technology
[on probation, no new admissions]
|Esmod French Fashion Institute||Y|
|European University College||Y|
|Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University||Y|
|Higher Colleges Of Technology – Dubai Branch||Y|
|Hult International Business School||Y|
|Imam Malik College For Islamic Sharia And Law||Y|
|Institute of Management Technology – Dubai||Y||Y|
|Islamic And Arabic Studies College – Dubai||Y|
|Islamic Azad University||Y|
|London Business School||Y|
|Maktoum Bin Hamdan Dental University College
[on probation, no new admissions]
|MENA College of Management||Y||Y|
|Michigan State University in Dubai||Y|
|Middlesex University Dubai||Y|
|MODUL University Dubai||Y||Y|
|Mohammed Bin Rashid School Of Government||Y|
|Mohammed Bin Rashid University Of Medicine And Health Sciences||Y|
|Moscow University for Industry and Finance (Synergy)||Y|
|Murdoch University, Dubai||Y|
|Rochester Institute of Technology – Dubai||Y||Y|
|Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland||Y|
|S P Jain School of Global Management||Y|
|Saint Joseph University||Y||Y|
|Saint-Petersburg State Economic University||Y|
|Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology||Y|
|The College Of Fashion And Design||Y|
|The National Institute for Vocational Education (NIVE)||Y|
|The University of Manchester Worldwide||Y|
|University Of Balamand In Dubai||Y|
|University of Birmingham Dubai||Y|
|University of Bradford||Y|
|University of Dubai||Y||Y|
|University of Exeter||Y|
|University Of Jazeera
[on probation, no new admissions]
|University Of Modern Sciences
[on probation, no new admissions]
|University of South Wales, Dubai||Y|
|University of Wollongong in Dubai||Y||Y|
Top Universities for International Students in Dubai
|1||University of Wollongong, Dubai Campus|
|2||University of Birmingham, Dubai Campus|
|3||Hult International Business School, Dubai Campus|
|4||Rochester Institute of Technology Dubai (RIT Dubai)|
|5||Heriot Watt University, Dubai Campus|
|6||Canadian University, Dubai|
|7||Murdoch University, Dubai Campus|
|8||Modul University, Dubai Campus|
|9||Manipal University, Dubai Campus|
|10||University of Stirling, Dubai Campus|
|11||Middlesex University, Dubai Campus|
|12||University of South Wales, Dubai Campus|
|13||American University of Ras Al Khaimah, Dubai|
|14||The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, Dubai|
|15||Emirates Aviation University, Dubai|
|16||Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Dubai|
How much IELTS score is required for Student Visa?
- 6 overall in IELTS with no band less than 6 is a better score however, some universities may accept 5.5 overall.
- More than 75% in CBSE/ ISC/ Cambridge in English can be exempted from English tests
How much does a student visa cost?
Admission application fees: Ranges from AED250-1000 as defined by the Institute
Student visa inclusive of visa application fees and other costs defined as per the sponsoring Institute, as below.
- Visa processing fee: 2300 – 2700 AED
- Refundable Visa deposit(if required by the Institute): 2500 – 3000 AED
- Medical insurance: 1300 – 1400 AED
Total cost would be:7500AED approx.
*Admission and visa application related fees will vary from University to University depending on their administration costs. We can only advise you the estimated costs.
How long does it take to get a student visa?
Processing time will take from 2-4 weeks for a student visa process. While admissions may depend on the University or Institute processing timeline and so it is always recommended to apply 2 months before the intake.
Do I need a PCC/Medicals for a Student Visa?
PCC is Not required, However, it is mandatory the student completed the medical checks immediately after arrival as part of residence visa application. Medical fitness requirements are to be met compulsory.
Can I leave Dubai while I am on a student visa?
You can travel outside DUBAI. But, No student is allowed the stay away from DUBAI for more than 6 months and the visa will be treated invalid and cancelled.
Can I take my dependents on Student visa?
Sponsoring parents or dependents(wife and children) in allowed for resident visa holders in Dubai. However, this is linked with the financial status and usually the sponsor should have a AED4000 monthly income to be allowed this. So, for students this may not be an option unless the financial status is proved.
How can a student get a residence visa post their study to live and work?
Dubai and UAE govt. allows a 5 year long term resident visa for outstanding students. This allows them to find employment, get work rights and settle in the country permanently.
(Or ) An employer offering you a Job, can process the work permit and complete the residence visa procedures.
What are the travel requirements for Dubai?
All passengers travelling to Dubai from any point of origin (GCC countries included) must hold a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before departure.
Passengers arriving in Dubai from India will be required to take another COVID‑19 PCR test on arrival at Dubai International airport.
Who Qualifies for a 5-Year Student Visa in the UAE?
If you are a good student with a high GPA, you may be qualified for a UAE Student Visa with a five-year validity period. The following are the eligibility requirements:
For secondary school graduates, a minimum grade of 95 percent in a public or private secondary school is required.
For university graduates: A GPA of at least 3.75 from a university in or outside the UAE is required.
The bearer of this sort of UAE visa is also permitted to bring dependents with them.
Do I need a Student Visa if I already have a Family Visa in the UAE?
A Student Visa is required if you are a guy over the age of 18 who wishes to pursue higher education in a UAE college or university. That’s because, as a guy, once you reach the age of 18, you can no longer be on your parents’ visa.
The UAE government, on the other hand, adopted a new guideline for dependent sons of UAE visa holders in 2018. According to the new rule, you are eligible for a 1-year UAE Residence Visa after completing secondary education or reaching the age of 18, whichever comes first. The visa can be renewed for another year.
Daughters can, however be sponsored by their fathers as long as they are unmarried.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.