End To End US Migration Support
The world’s leading superpower is also its greatest migration destination. The United States offers unmatched opportunity and an unparalleled quality of life for families and individuals. Its strong economy, excellent educational system and liberal way of life make it a bastion of progress and growth. At Y-Axis, we have extensive experience with the US immigration processes. Our teams have the knowledge and experience to help you get started with your American Dream.
Why Migrate To The US?
- World’s leading economy
- Cosmopolitan cities with great quality of life
- Immense demand for workers of all skills
- Melting pot of cultures
- Huge opportunity for professional growth
- High salaries with incredible savings
The best cities to live in US include Austin, Denver, Seattle and Minnesota.
USA Immigration Process & Approach
The United States has a well defined immigration process that attracts thousands of applications every year. At Y-Axis, we have the experience and track record to help you create an application package with the highest chances of success. Your Y-Axis counsellor will assess your profile and help you identify the right immigration approach. There are numerous ways to migrate to the US which include:
Migrating to the US as an employee
Temporary work visas allow candidates to enter the United States for the purpose of working for a sponsoring employer. The visa is valid for a set amount of time after which the applicant must return to his home country. Work Permit visas can be granted to applicants if their potential employer submits a petition with the USCIS on their behalf.
Migrating to the US through the investor route
The EB 5 investment visa for United States immigration permits affluent persons to get a green card providing permanent residence status as soon as they enter the country, without having to wait significant periods of time. To qualify for this visa, you must be willing to invest a large sum of money, ranging from 500,000 USD to one million USD. The funds must be invested in an American company, and the applicant must be willing to participate actively in its management.
Migrating with your family to the US
Permanent residency in the United States is also available to family members of US citizens or Green Card holders. There are two types of family-based immigration, depending on the degree of affinity.
The following groups of people are granted the ability to live permanently in the United States: (future) spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of US citizens or Green Card holders. They will be given their permanent residence permit immediately.
Siblings and children of US citizens or Green Card holders over the age of 21 are included in the second group. Only a small number of Green Cards are available to them. Furthermore, they are frequently subjected to lengthier wait times.
In most situations, you will need to be sponsored or have an immigrant petition filed on your behalf.
Wait until your petition is approved and a visa in your category becomes available. Then submit an application for an immigration visa. Do it through a U.S. consulate in another country. In this directory of US consulates, you can find one in your nation.
Obtain a medical evaluation.
Attend a job interview.
Await a response to your application.
It is necessary to have a valid passport. It must be valid for at least six months after your planned stay in the United States. You must have at least one blank page in your passport to apply for a visa.
Photo that satisfies the United States’ visa photo criteria.
Receipt showing that the visa payments have been paid
Your social media account information which includes a list of the social networking sites you use, as well as your phone number and the name of your account on each.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
- Advise you on the papers that will be required for the visa
- Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
- Review your papers needed for the visa application
- Help you prepare for a visa interview in case one is required
Y-Axis has been the immigration consultant of choice for serious migrants since 1999. Our professional approach and thorough research ensure your application is in good hands. Talk to us to discover how we can help you realise your ambition of migrating to the US.
How can I immigrate to the USA from India?
Generally, an individual must have a petition approved by the USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) for immigrating to the US. This is the prerequisite for applying for a Non-immigrant Visa. The petition is submitted either by a potential employer or a qualified relative at the office of the USCIS in the US.
What are the types of US Visas?
The US Visas have around 185 categories. The 2 main categories are:
It is for provisional visits like studying, visiting family, work, business, or tourism.
It is for individuals to immigrate to the US. This US Visa holder is processed for I-551 or Permanent Resident Card also known as the Green Card at the port of entry. It serves a san provisional I-551 as evidence for Permanent Residence for 1 year upon being endorsed through a CBP admission stamp.
A child with IH-3 or IR-3 Visa will become a US citizen automatically upon admission to the US. The N-560 or Citizenship Certificate will then be processed for the child.
What are the documents required for a US Visa interview?
The compulsory documents necessary for US Visitor Visa are:
- An original passport that is valid for minimum 6 months after the anticipated entrance date in the US
- All previous passports
- 1 photograph as per specification with both hard copy and digital copy
- US Visa application DS160 verification page stamped at the VAC – Visa Application Center
- Proof of payment of a fee
- The hard copy of the appointment letter of the US Visa interview
The Supporting documents required for US Visitor Visa are:
The intention of the supporting documents is to confirm –
- Crime record if any
- Monetary affordability
- Intention to go back to the home nation
Supporting documents that sustain the above will facilitate a positive outcome in the Visa interview.
How long does it take to get a US Visa?
The exact processing time for a US Visa from India varies. The time and processing timings are just an approximation and can change at any time. The processing times cannot be assured and nonrefundable reservations or tickets should not be purchased. This is until you secure all Visas and Passports are obtained and are in your possession.
General Processing Times
If you make an in-person application, the processing times will be around 3 to 5 working days.
For people of Indian origin, US nationals requiring a reference, all non-US nationals and for short-term Visas, the processing times are minimum 1 to 2 weeks. It can take more in some cases.
The processing time for reference check is minimum 1 week for all cases that require prior reference check.
The mailing and transit time for both ways must be added when you apply by mail such as courier, post, etc.
Crew members and Pilots of all Trainers, Demonstration, Cargo, Private jets, and Chartered Flights are in the category of Unscheduled Airlines. These are considered as Reference cases and will need prior clearance from competent Indian authorities. It takes around 5 weeks for such an application and Visa will not be issued without the mandatory clearance.
Each immigrant Visa case is unique and thus it is tough to predict the processing times for the Visa application of a specific individual. There are 3 factors that generally influence the required processing times:
- Time needed for processing the application
- Time needed for processing through the Consulate and the National Visa Center
• Time needed for the case to become current
How can I go to the USA from India?
The applicants of a US Non-immigrant Visa in India must follow the below procedure:
- Have a digital photograph in JPEG format along with one hard copy
- Fill the application form DS-160 and upload your digital photograph. Then take a print out of the DS-160 confirmation page having CEAC barcode.
- Create a profile and complete steps 1 to 10 of the schedule an appointment till the time you see the payment confirmation on your screen
- The application fee must be paid at any one of the branches of the banks that are designated or through other options for payment
- Majority of the applicants will have to schedule 2 appointments – one for Consular interview and the other for OFC (photo, fingerprints)
- Visit the OFC location on the day of your OFC appointment to get your biometric details like photographs and fingerprints collected
- Report minimum 15 minutes earlier of the scheduled time for an appointment at the US Consulate or Embassy where your Visa interview appointment is scheduled
- If you are offered the US Visa, your passport will be returned through courier to the Visa/Passport collection location that you have specified while taking an appointment. It can be delivered later at any time prior to the interview day.
What does it mean to have a green card?
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues a “Green card,” which is proof of lawful permanent resident status and allows the holder to live and work anywhere in the country. Green cards must be renewed every 10 years for the most part, however those obtained on the basis of marriage or investment must be replaced after two years.
How does conditional permanent residence function, and what does it entail?
The physical card’s identification “CR1” stands for “conditional resident,” and a conditional green card is only good for two years. A conditional green card holder must file Form I-751 to “remove the conditions” and get a permanent green card.