South Africa Tourist Visa
South Africa, characterized by many distinct habitats, is a country on the southernmost tip of the African continent. Kruger National Park, beaches, craggy cliffs at the Cape of Good Hope, woods and lagoons along the Garden Route, and the city of Cape Town are among the many tourist attractions to explore here.
Indians wishing to travel to South Africa can apply for an e-visa online. This visa is valid for 60 days. It is not advisable to overstay on this visa.
- A passport with a validity of at least six months
- 2 passport size photos
- Old passports and visa
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Copy of return ticket
- A cover letter with all the required details about your itinerary
- Proof that you have enough finances to fund your visit
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Income tax returns for the last 3 years
- Yellow fever vaccination
When the application for eVisa has been approved, the traveler will receive the eVisa in the email address they provided with the request. The traveler will have to save a copy of the eVisa on their phone / mobile or take a printed copy with them when they fly to South Africa. The traveler will have to show the eVisa at the South African airport along with their passport to enter the country.
It can take around 3 working days in order to process the visa. Individuals should make their applications in advance to avoid delays in their travel plans.
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Why do I need a South Africa visitor visa?
A South Africa visitor visa might be granted –
- For business
- For tourism
- For visiting family or friends
- To spouse that would be joining spouse [who is in South Africa on work/study permit]
- To children for joining parents [that are in South Africa on work/study permits]
- To a fiancée/ fiancé for joining partner with intention to marry within 90 days
- For study purposes for a maximum stay of 3 months
- Charitable or voluntary activities
- For taking part in conferences
- For research activities
- For working in the production of a show or movie [that is, in the entertainment industry]
- Sports events
- For medical purposes, for a maximum stay of 3 months
Does South Africa provide the visa on arrival facility?
Visas are not issued at the ports of entry in South Africa. If anyone arrives in South Africa without a visa, they will be put on a flight back to their home country.
How long can I stay in South Africa on my visitor vsia?
With a South Africa visitor visa, an international traveler that is a citizen of another country can visit the country temporarily for business or tourism for a maximum of 90 days.
What are the documents required for visiting South Africa?
Generally, to visit South Africa, you will require the following documents –
- Valid passport, with at least 1 blank page remaining
- Visa, if required
- Sufficient funds for covering your period of stay in South Africa
- Either a return ticket or a ticket for your onward journey