Quebec Migration Services
An applicant can qualify for the Quebec Skilled Worker category if they hold either a validated job offer in Quebec or achieve sufficient points on the Quebec Selection Grid.
The Quebec Immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is designed to indicate which applicants are likely to become economically established upon immigration to Quebec. Quebec Skilled Worker/Professional applicants intending to reside in Montreal or another city in the Province of Quebec are selected based upon a different set of criteria that applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada.
|Education||Up to 14 points (Cutoff Score = 2 points)|
|Area of Training||Up to 12 points|
|Validated Employment Offer||Up to 10 points|
|Work Experience||Up to 8 points|
|Age||Up to 16 points|
|Language Proficiency||Up to 22 points|
|Stay and Family in Quebec||Up to 8 points|
|Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics||Up to 17 points|
|Children||Up to 8 points|
|Financial Self-Sufficiency||1 point|
Knowledge of French and English: The following tests and diplomas are recognized by the Ministère:
- the Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec(TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris Île-de-France (CCIP-IDF)
- the Test de Connaissance du français pour le Québec(TCF-Québec) of the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP)
- the Test d’évaluation du français(TEF) of the CCIP-IDF
- the Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada(TEF Canada) of the CCIP-IDF
- the Test de Connaissance du français(TCF) of the CIEP
- the Diplôme d’études en langue française(DELF) of the CIEP
- the Diplôme approfondi de langue française(DALF) of the CIEP
- For the evaluation of French knowledge, level 7 (advanced intermediate) or its equivalent (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded
- The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 16 points for knowledge of oral and written French, including 7 points for oral comprehension, 7 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension and 1 point for written production
- The spouse of a candidate can obtain a maximum of 6 points for oral French knowledge, including 3 points for oral comprehension and 3 points for oral production
- For the evaluation of English knowledge, level 5 (intermediate) of the Canadian Language Benchmarks or its equivalent is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded
- The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 6 points for knowledge of oral and written English, including 2 points for oral comprehension, 2 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension, and 1 point for written production
Quebec immigration processing time
A complete application received for the Quebec PNP under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise will be processed within 6 months.
Quebec Skilled Workers/Professionals Processing Fees are as follows:
|Spouse, de-facto spouse||$168|
|Each dependent child||$168|
The fees required must be paid in full, in Canadian currency only, by you or by a third party. These fees are non-refundable, even if your application is refused or rejected.
Visa Fee: $550 CAD for Principal Applicant and Spouse, $150 CAD for each kid.
Right to Permanent Resident Fee: $ 490 CAD for Principal Applicant and Spouse
In addition to the application fees the other fees applicable are for:
- Medical examination
- A police clearance certificate, if it is required as part of the crime and security check and
- Language testing, as required
- Verification of documents submitted
- Preliminary review
- Selection review
The 2nd stage is a federal application process which includes submission of Police Clearance, Medicals, and Visa Stamping. After verification of documents, the average time required to complete the processing of a file is 12 months.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.