Quebec Migration Services
An applicant can qualify for the Quebec Skilled Worker category if they hold either a validated job offer in Quebec or achieve sufficient points on the Quebec Selection Grid.
The Quebec Immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is designed to indicate which applicants are likely to become economically established upon immigration to Quebec. Quebec Skilled Worker/Professional applicants intending to reside in Montreal or another city in the Province of Quebec are selected based upon a different set of criteria that applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada.
Quebec has a number of immigration programs that allow qualifying people to become permanent residents of Canada. Because the federal government has granted Quebec far more discretion over immigration rules and procedures, Quebec’s immigration systems are considered differently than those of other provinces. The PNP in Quebec is divided into three categories:
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)
Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)
The most popular among these is the Quebec Skilled Worker Program or the QSWP.
|Education||Up to 14 points (Cutoff Score = 2 points)|
|Area of Training||Up to 12 points|
|Validated Employment Offer||Up to 10 points|
|Work Experience||Up to 8 points|
|Age||Up to 16 points|
|Language Proficiency||Up to 22 points|
|Stay and Family in Quebec||Up to 8 points|
|Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics||Up to 17 points|
|Children||Up to 8 points|
|Financial Self-Sufficiency||1 point|
*Check your eligibility to Quebec through Y-Axis Quebec Immigration Points Calculator.
Knowledge of French and English: The following tests and diplomas are recognized by the Ministère:
- the Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec(TEFAQ) of the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris Île-de-France (CCIP-IDF)
- the Test de Connaissance du français pour le Québec(TCF-Québec) of the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP)
- the Test d’évaluation du français(TEF) of the CCIP-IDF
- the Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada(TEF Canada) of the CCIP-IDF
- the Test de Connaissance du français(TCF) of the CIEP
- the Diplôme d’études en langue française(DELF) of the CIEP
- the Diplôme approfondi de langue française(DALF) of the CIEP
- For the evaluation of French knowledge, level 7 (advanced intermediate) or its equivalent (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded
- The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 16 points for knowledge of oral and written French, including 7 points for oral comprehension, 7 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension and 1 point for written production
- The spouse of a candidate can obtain a maximum of 6 points for oral French knowledge, including 3 points for oral comprehension and 3 points for oral production
- For the evaluation of English knowledge, level 5 (intermediate) of the Canadian Language Benchmarks or its equivalent is the minimum threshold from which points are awarded
- The principal applicant can obtain a maximum of 6 points for knowledge of oral and written English, including 2 points for oral comprehension, 2 points for oral production, 1 point for written comprehension, and 1 point for written production
Quebec Skilled Immigration Program
Quebec offers the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)through which many immigration candidates apply to move to this Canadian province. The Quebec points calculator makes sure ensures only the right persons are selected under the program to move to Quebec. The Quebec Skilled Worker Program is for skilled workers who choose to move to Quebec and live there. Workers who meet the above-mentioned ability specifications and other criteria are admitted into this program.
Eligibility criteria for Quebec Skilled Worker Program
- An applicant should meet the following eligibility criteria if he wants to migrate to Quebec under the QSWP:
- The applicant should receive at least one diploma that meets the educational requirement in Quebec.
- The applicant should have had training and the required skills in the relevant field, making it easy for applicants to find a job on the Canadian job market.
- The applicant will demonstrate his / her intention to work and settle in the province.
Quebec immigration processing time
A complete application received for the Quebec PNP under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise will be processed within 6 months.
Quebec Skilled Workers/Professionals Processing Fees are as follows:
|Permanent immigration Application for a CSQ||Fees as of January 1, 2022|
|Entrepreneur and self-employed worker||$1,080 CAD|
|Skilled Worker (including the Quebec Skilled Worker Program and Quebec Experience Class (PEQ))||$ 844 CAD|
|Each accompanying family member (except for an application in the investor sub-class)||$ 181 CAD|
|Employer requesting validation of a permanent employment||$ 210 CAD|
|For the principal sponsored person or the first sponsored minor||$ 301 CAD|
|For each additional sponsored person||$ 120 CAD|
|Temporary Stays||Fees as of January 1, 2022|
|Application for a CAQ|
|Temporary worker||$ 210 CAD|
|Employer posting a temporary employment offer(except for temporary job offers for seasonal agricultural labour)||$ 210 CAD|
|International student||$120 CAD|
|A person on a temporary stay for medical treatment||$120 CAD|
|Application for recognition of an immigration consultant||$ 1,747 CAD|
|Application for renewal of recognition of an immigration consultant||$1,421 CAD|
|Comparative evaluation of studies completed outside Quebec||$126 CAD|
The fees required must be paid in full, in Canadian currency only, by you or by a third party. These fees are non-refundable, even if your application is refused or rejected.
Visa Fee: $550 CAD for Principal Applicant and Spouse, $150 CAD for each kid.
Right to Permanent Resident Fee: $ 490 CAD for Principal Applicant and Spouse
In addition to the application fees the other fees applicable are for:
- Medical examination
- A police clearance certificate, if it is required as part of the crime and security check and
- Language testing, as required
Quebec Processing time – Quebec PR is a two-stage process. The 1st stage is divided into three sub-stages as mentioned below: Quebec Skilled Worker has to undergo the below three sub-stages in the 1st stage.
- Verification of documents submitted
- Preliminary review
- Selection review
The 2nd stage is a federal application process which includes submission of Police Clearance, Medicals, and Visa Stamping. After verification of documents, the average time required to complete the processing of a file is 12 months.
What is a Certificate of Quebec Selection/Certificat du sélection du Québec (CSQ)?
A CSQ is a document given to eligible applicants for Quebec immigration programmes to prove that they have been selected for admission to the province. An applicant can apply for permanent residence with the federal government if they have a CSQ. The CSQ is not a visa that allows you to stay in Canada permanently and cannot be used to enter the country.
How quickly can a CSQ be obtained?
Getting a CSQ takes different amount of time depending on the candidate. Many factors influence the procedure’s completion and issuing of a CSQ certificate, therefore the applicant should be cautious while filling out the application and attaching evidence to avoid delays.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.