Invest and Settle in Estonia
The Estonian Startup Visa is a fast and efficient way for non-EU startup founders who wish to come and be a part of one of the smallest but energetic startup communities in Europe as a founder. Estonia is one of the most dynamic countries among the new member states of the European Union. It is well-known both for its innovative drive and cozy living environment.
BENEFITS OF SETTING UP BUSINESS IN ESTONIA:
- The Estonian government provides support to the would-be startup entrepreneurs.
- Estonia is situated perfectly for trade between Russia, Asia and Europe
- Estonia is known for its widespread and free Wi-Fi connections, its commitment to e-government, building its future IT skills base and other Internet-related services.
- Paperless society has its perks – conduct almost everything online and you can also become an e-resident of the country.
- Estonia’s economic freedom is regarded as one of the highest in the world and the best in the Central Eastern European region.
- Has one of the most liberal tax systems in the world – only corporate income tax is paid on dividends.
- Home to several accelerator programs for startups.
Eligibility for Estonia Investor Visa
- Innovative scalable business model with great global growth potential.
- Approval from the Startup Committee stating that matches the definition of a startup and can pursue the Startup Visa.
- Financial resources of at least 150 EUR every month. For the 1-year visa this amounts to 1800 EUR.
- E-Residency Process Time – 6-8 Weeks
- Business Plan Approval & PR Application – 3 – 4 weeks from the date of online submission to the startup committee.
- E-Residency Card Application – 100 EUR
- For a long-term visa, the state fee is 80 EUR. Ukrainian and Belarusian residents are exempt from paying the fee.
- The state fee for a temporary residence permit is 160 EUR (when applying in Estonia) or 180 EUR (when applying in Estonian representation).
- Interacting with the Accredited Agent on the Application submission
- Documentation Guidance
- Provide relevant templates
- Fill Application form
- Regular Updates on your case / the process
- Guidance on Investment Process
- Business Plan Preparation
What are the requirements for obtaining a startup visa? What are your choices if your visa expires?
In theory, the startup visa allows international entrepreneurs to settle in Estonia for up to 18 months in order to build their business. A startup business visa can be issued for up to 365 days and extended for up to 183 days. It is possible to apply for a temporary residence permit for entrepreneurship for aspiring startup entrepreneurs who have established their business in Estonia and intend to stay longer. The normal investment criterion for applying for a residence permit for entrepreneurship (65 000 EUR) does not apply to startups. A temporary entrepreneur’s residence visa can be awarded for up to five years.
What is the difference between a visa and a residence permit?
Within 30 days, a visa is issued, and within two months, a residence permit is issued (longer, if the application is submitted at an Estonian Embassy). A visa is issued for a brief visit in Estonia, whereas a residence permit is provided for permanent residence. Third-country citizens staying in Estonia on a temporary basis are not considered residents, therefore their access to a variety of public services is limited.
What is the time limit for starting a new business in Estonia after receiving a startup visa?
There is no set time limit, but the major aim of the stay must be tied to the start-up of a business. A firm can also be digitally registered in Estonia, which you can do by becoming an e-resident.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.