Begin A New Life In Australia
With sunny beaches, vibrant cities and a welcoming culture, Australia is one of the world’s most desired migration destinations. Qualified professionals from across the world are flocking to Australia for its great quality of life and stable economic prospects. An English speaking country, Australia is not just easy to assimilate into but also has a more cosmopolitan culture thanks to a significant migrant population.It’s enviable citizen benefits and progressive policies make it a great destination to settle with your family.
Why Should You Settle in Australia?
- Stable economy with jobs across IT, service, healthcare, education and engineering sectors
- Citizen first policies including free healthcare and education
- A favourable climate with plenty of sunshine
- Beautiful, multicultural cities that enhance your quality of life
- Large natural heritage including the Great Barrier Reef and unspoilt forests
How To Settle In Australia?
Australia’s pioneering immigration department has streamlined the application process to reduce processing time. However, a comprehensive and accurate application package is vital to taking advantage of this. With a dedicated Australia migration team Y-Axis has the knowledge and experience to help you file an application with the highest chances of success. Our team of RMA certified professionals in our Australian partner office can assess your application and help you file it with confidence.
Australia Immigration Process
|1||PR Visa Validity||5 years||5 years||–||–|
|2||Occupation should be listed||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|4||Education, Employment, English requirements||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|5||Sponsored by||–||State||Regional State||Employer|
|6||PR Eligibility||–||Stay 2 yrs in sponsored state||Stay 2 yrs in sponsored state||Based on the eligibility|
|7||Temporary visa for||–||–||4 Years||2 – 4 Years|
|Stages of Process & Timelines:|
|1||Skills assessment||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months|
|3||State sponsorship||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months – Employer nomination|
|4||Process Timelines||4-8 months||4-8 months||4-6 months||4-6 months|
Who Is Eligible To Apply To Australia?
While each program to migrate to Australia has different criteria, there are a few things in common.
- PTE Score
- Documents & Proofs
Job Trends in Australia
|Occupation||Annual Salary in (AUD)|
|Architects||$ 138, 144|
|Product Management||$ 124, 340|
|Controller||$ 115, 000|
|Mining Engineer||$ 103, 776|
|IT Professional||$ 100, 000|
|Finance Manager||$ 94, 000|
|Project Manager||$ 80, 000|
|Accounting||$ 65, 000|
|Healthcare Professional||$ 54, 093|
How long does it take to immigrate to Australia?
Immigration to Australia through PR Visa takes on an average of 5 months and can take 12 months as well. This is dependent on individual circumstances. It will take roughly 3 months if you have all the required skills and points score.
How can I migrate/immigrate to Australia from India?
Below is the stepwise immigration process for Australia:
- Obtain the IELTS certification with the required score
- Obtain Skill Assessment from the appropriate authority for assessment
- Select an occupation from the Skilled Occupation List – SOL/CSOL to apply
- If applicable, obtain Nomination/Sponsorship from a Territory or State in Australia
- Submit an Expression of Interest – EOI on Skill-Select
- You will receive an Invitation to Apply for the Visa if your profile is selected
- You will have sixty days for submitting the Australia Visa application
What are the requirements to migrate to Australia?
According to the Australian government, you should have an Australian visa to enter the country.
The different types of Visas offered by Australian government are given below.
- Visitor Visa – If you are planning to visit Australia for a short period of time, you will require a Visitor Visa. This visa can be issued for a period ranging from a month to a maximum of 12 months.
- Sub-class 771 Transit Visa – If you want to transit via Australia, this Visa is for you. This Visa is valid for 72 hours only.
- Sub-Class 602 Medical Treatment Visa – If you want medical treatments, Consultations or donation of organs in Australia, this is for you. Surrogacy does not fall under this Visa.
- Sub-Class 417 Work and Holiday Visa – If you are aged between 18 to 30 years and interested in enjoying a holiday along with working for a maximum period of 12 months, this Visa is what you should go for. There are some countries to which this Visa is issued. They include The UK, Canada, France, Germany, Denmark, Belgium, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, Malta, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Italy, Finland, Cyprus and Estonia.
- Sub-Class 462 Work and Holiday Visa – Just like the Sub-Class 417 Work and Holiday Visa, this visa is offered to people travelling from The US, Brazil, China, Turkey, Poland, Portugal, Argentina, Chile, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Thailand, Slovakia, Slovenia and Uruguay. The maximum time this Visa is valid is 12 months.
- Sub-Class 500 Student Visa – If you are looking to pursue a full time study in recognized Australian Educational Institutions, this Visa is what you should look for.
- Sub-Class 416 Special Program – If you are planning to take part in some of the approved programs that enhance cultural enrichment and community benefits, this is the kind of Visa you must apply for.
- PR Visa – If you want to become a permanent resident of Australia, you should apply for this visa. You should understand certain policies and laws before applying to the PR Australian visa. If you become a PR of Australia, you will not only have complete rights to work and live there but also given all the benefits like medical coverage (Medicare) by the government of Australia.
- Sub-class 155, 157 Resident Return Visa (RRV) – People holding this type of visa can return to Australia as a PR after travelling to other countries. You can re-enter Australia multiple times before the date of expiry of the visa. The validity of this visa ranges between 3 months to 5 years.
- Sub-class 444 – Special Category Visa – This visa is exclusively issued to the citizens of New Zealand. It is issued to only those who hold a valid New Zealand Visa. This visa allows the holder to work, visit or reside in Australia. It is issued to people who have ‘No Untreated Tuberculosis (TB) and ‘No Criminal Background’. They should also not have been excluded, deported or removed from any country in the past. This Visa is issued after the person arrives at Australia.
- Sub-Class 159 Provisional Resident Return Visa – This type of Visa is given to ‘Norfolk Island Immigration Permit’ holders. This can be of a Temporary Entry Permit (TEP) or a General Entry Permit (GEP). These visa holders are allowed to work and live in Norfolk Island and selected regions of Australia only for education purpose. After qualifying for certain requirements, a confirmatory resident Visa is issued to them.
Sub-class 808 Confirmatory Resident Visa – This Visa is issued to those people who have fulfilled all the desired requirements when holding a Norfolk Island Immigration Permit (Either GEP, TEP or (Unrestricted Entry Permit) UEP). People holding this Visa can work and live anywhere in Australia. They can enter and leave Australia whenever they want but within the expiry date of the Visa.
How much does it cost to immigrate to Australia from India?
Below is the list of costs pertaining to an Australia Visa application for immigration from India:
Visa Application Charge – Department of Immigration (DIAC)
$ 3,060 (for PR Visas)
Application Fee – Skills Assessment
from $300 to $1,050 for the majority of occupations
from $ 25 to $30 per individual
Fee – Police Clearance Certificate
normally $ 20 per individual
Document Certification and Translations Charges
up to $ 500
How many points do you need to immigrate to Australia?
The points score for Australia General Skilled Immigration has been increased from 1 July 2018. Minimum 65 points are now required by applicants of Australia Skilled Visa.
How can I get an ACS assessment done for 2 different job codes for migrating to Australia?
ACS assessment can be got done under diverse occupation codes in ANZSCO. Nevertheless, it is always advisable to be careful while submitting the second application under different occupation codes in ANZSCO. This is if the applicant has already received a positive ACS report under one of the occupations assessed under ACS.
Applicant must also be in a position to demonstrate with evidence. It is that they are also performing the roles of the new occupation under ANZSCO code. Additionally, they also fulfil the requirements specified by ACS.
Moreover, it is worthwhile to take an opinion from the ACS prior to filing an application under the new occupation. Applicants can link the second application to the previous application or submit a new application.
How long does it take for a Visitor Visa for Australia applied in India via an IMMI account to come?
The processing time for Australia Visitor Visa depends on various factors. It can around some days to some weeks in case of some applications.
How can I apply for an Australian Visa?
It is very important that you be aware of the complete procedure of applying for an Australian Visa. The procedure for the most common kind of Visas applied by Indians is given below.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Family/Friend Visa
Step – 1
Based on your need, choose the type of Visa that best suits your purpose. Get to know all possible information related to the kind of Visa. For example – If you are planning to visit Australia and stay for a very short time, the Sub-class 600 would suit you.
Step – 2
Indians have the option of applying for the Australian e-visa that can be applied online. It is very easy to fill this form as it has some very basic questions like your financial status, travel history, your identity, health information, purpose of visiting Australia, your employment details. As this is a time consuming task, it is good if you could keep all this information ready with you at the time of filling the form.
Step – 3
After you finish filling the application form, you would be asked to submit the supporting documents. Upload all the documents and make sure that you don’t miss on any of them. These might include documented evidence relating to your work, education, DOB proofs, financial ability and travel history.
Step – 4
The Australian e-visa fee can be paid online. This fee is not the same every time but fluctuates frequently. You can pay the fee online. You will have to pay an extra surcharge if you make the payment using a credit card (This differs from bank to bank)
Step – 5
After filling the application form and uploading all the supporting documents, it’s time to submit all of these. Click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button. After this, you will receive an acknowledgement of application receipt to your email.
Step – 6
After this, you will have to wait for a considerable time. You will receive an email stating whether a visa has been granted to you or not. You will not receive any update regarding the progress of your Visa.
If you receive a Visa grant notice, check for all the details relating to the tenure of the visa, travel facility, entry frequency and any other important information.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.