- 400,000 Job vacancies in 2022
- Welcoming 160,000 immigrants in 2022
- Free Education for your children
- Best healthcare facilities
- High Returns on Investment
Begin A New Life In Australia
Australia is one of the world’s most desired migration destinations, with a welcoming culture, vibrant cities, and sunny beaches. Highly-skilled professionals from all over the world come to Australia for its great quality of life and stable economic prospects. An English-speaking country, Australia is easy to assimilate into.
Australia has a more cosmopolitan culture thanks to a significant migrant population. The enviable citizen benefits and progressive policies of Australia make it a great destination to settle with your family.
One of the strongest performing economies in the world, Australia is a culturally-diverse nation with a highly-skilled workforce. A land like no other, Australia is the sixth-largest country in terms of land area. Australia is the only country in the world to take up an entire continent.
As per the latest United Nations data, the current population of Australia is 26,042,818 among which 30% of Australia’s population are from overseas. Comparatively the population was increased by 194,400 people. Over 200 different nationalities find a representation in the Australian population.
Canberra is the capital of Australia.
Prominent cities in Australia –
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Perth, Western Australia
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Gold Coast, Queensland
- Hobart, Tasmania
- Cairns, Queensland
WHY SHOULD YOU SETTLE IN AUSTRALIA?
Many reasons make Australia a good place for migrate overseas with family –
- Stable economy
- Jobs available across various sectors – engineering, IT, education, healthcare, service etc.
- Citizen-first policies
- Free healthcare
- Free education for children
- A favourable climate with plenty of sunshine
- Multicultural cities that offer a high standard of living
HOW TO SETTLE IN AUSTRALIA?
You can remain in Australia indefinitely – on a permanent resident status – if you are able to acquire a permanent visa for Australia. The most sought-after permanent visas include skilled work visas, under General Skilled Migration (GSM). Family visas for Australia are also among the most commonly applied for permanent visas.
- As an Australian permanent resident, you can work and study anywhere in the country, remaining in Australia indefinitely. You also get to enrol in Medicare, the national health scheme of Australia. Moreover, a permanent resident of Australia can sponsor their eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- An Australian permanent resident can work in New Zealand without the need to get a work visa.
- A permanent resident of a country is not the same as a citizen. If you have permanent residence in a country, you will be holding the passport of another country.
- Permanent residence in Australia also allows you to travel to and from Australia as many times as required. When you are granted a permanent visa, you are permitted a 5-year travel facility. You might leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want in those 5 years, provided that your visa remains valid.
- Australia’s pioneering immigration department has streamlined the application process to reduce processing time. However, putting in a Decision Ready Application is vital.
- With a dedicated Australia migration team, Y-Axis has the knowledge and experience to help you file an application with the highest chances of success. Our team of RMA-certified professionals in Y-Axis’ Australian partner office can assess your submission, helping you file it with confidence.
HOW TO PROCEED WITH AUSTRALIA IMMIGRATION?
The world’s most urbanized country, Australia, welcomes many immigrants worldwide as it has a wide range of job openings in fields like Engineering, Healthcare, IT, Construction and Mining, Manufacturing, Tourism, and Accounts and Finance.
Australia immigration is simple and easy as it is a point-based system that is calculated based on the following factors:
- Work Experience
- English Language Proficiency
- Adaptability (Spouse Skill Assessment, Australian Education or Work Experience)
* Get evaluated instantly with Y-Axis Australia immigration points calculator for free. Check your eligibility right away for your Australia work visa.
HOW CAN YOU MIGRATE TO AUSTRALIA?
There are various paths for Australian immigration; below are the major streams through which you can immigrate easily. These include:
- Australia Skilled Migration
- Business Migration
- Employer Nominated Migration
- Australian Permanent Residence Pathways for Australia PR Visa
- Work Stream Permanent Residence
- Family Stream Permanent Residence
- Investment stream permanent Residence
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AUSTRALIA IMMIGRATION
Generally for Australia immigration, the major requirement is a minimum score of 65 points for an Australia work visa. However if your score is between 80-85 there are more chances for Australia immigration along with PR visa. To score is calculated based on age, education, qualification, work experience, adaptability, etc.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AUSTRALIA IMMIGRATION
- Points: A minimum score of 65 in the Points Grid
- Age: Below 45 years
- English proficiency: PTE Score or IELTS
- Skills Assessment: Skill assessment by certified authorities in Australia
- Occupation: Occupation should be listed in Australia’s Skilled Occupation List or Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL)
*Check your eligibility to Australia through Australia Immigration Points Calculator.
AUSTRALIA IMMIGRATION PLANS 2022-23
Each year, the Australian government increases the migration planning levels and invites a certain number of candidates under each migration program. In 2022-2023, there are better chances for the following streams and categories. As the country has many job opportunities, there is a lot of scope for candidates under skills streams.
|Stream and Category||2022-23|
|Regional (Employer Sponsor)||25000|
|Business Innovation and Investment Program||13500|
|Child (an estimate, not subjected to ceiling)||3000|
OCCUPATIONS IN DEMAND
There are more than 4 lakhs job vacancies in more than 15 sectors. The top in demand occupations and average annual salaries paid are given below:
|Occupation||Annual Salary in (AUD)|
|IT||$99,642 – $ 115, 000|
|Marketing & Sales||$84,072 – $103,202|
|Engineering||$92,517 – $110,008|
|Hospitality||$60,000 – $75,000|
|Accounting & Finance||$77,842 – $92,347|
|Human Resources||$80,000 – $99,519|
|Construction||$72,604 – $99,552|
|Professional and Scientific Services||$90,569 – $108,544|
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
There are various categories under which you can apply for a Australia PR visa which have different eligibility requirements. But the general eligibility factors are as under:
|Age (25-32 years)||30 points|
|English proficiency (8 bands)||20 points|
|Work Experience outside Australia (8-10 years)||15 points|
|Work Experience in Australia (8-10 years)||20 points|
|Education (outside Australia) – Doctorate degree||20 points|
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or master’s degree by research in Australia||10 points|
|Study in a regional area||5 points|
|Accredited in community language||5 points|
|Professional year in a skilled program in Australia||5 points|
|State sponsorship (190 visa)||5 points|
|Skilled spouse or de facto partner (Age, Skills & English language requirements to be met)||10 points|
|Spouse or de facto partner with ‘competent English’ (No need to meet Skills requirement or age factor)||5 points|
|Applicants without a spouse or de facto partner or where a spouse is an Australia citizen or PR holder||10 points|
|Relative or regional sponsorship (491 visa)||15 points|
HOW TO APPLY FOR AUSTRALIA PR
Step 1: Check the eligibility requirements
- Check if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Verify if your occupation is present in the list of occupations in demand.
- Check if you have the required points based on the points table.
Step 2: English proficiency Test
Check if you have the required proficiency in the English language by taking the specified English language test. Fortunately, the Australian immigration authorities accept scores from various English ability tests like IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, etc. So, you can take any of these tests to obtain the specified score.
Step 3: Get your skill assessment done
Get your skills assessed by the Skills assessment authority which is an organization that will assess your skills, education and work experience based on Australian standards.
Step 4: Register your Expression of Interest
- The next step is to register an Expression of Interest (EOI) on Australia’s Skill Select website. You should fill an online form in the SkillSelect portal where you should give responses to questions on your skill which is again based on the visa subclass you are applying under. The SkillSelect program offers three visa categories under which you can apply for a PR visa.
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated Visa 190
- Skilled regional (provisional) Subclass 491
The first two are permanent visas while the third one is a temporary visa with a validity of five years which can later be converted to a PR visa. You should provide all the required information in the online application.
Step 5: Get your Invitation to Apply (ITA)
Once you submit your application and if it meets all the requirements then you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Australia PR.
Step 6: Submit your PR application
The next step is to submit your PR application. You must submit it within 60 days. The application must have all the supporting documents for processing your PR visa. These documents are your personal documents, immigration documents, and work experience documents.
Step 7: Get your clearance certificates
The next step is to submit your police clearance certificates. After a medical examination, you must submit your medical clearance certificate.
Step 8: Get your PR visa
The last step is getting your PR visa.
AUSTRALIA IMMIGRATION PROCESS
|1||PR Visa Validity||5 years||5 years||–||–|
|2||Occupation should be listed||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|4||Education, Employment, English requirements||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|5||Sponsored by||–||State||Regional State||Employer|
|6||PR Eligibility||–||It is a PR. However applicants have to stay 2 yrs in sponsored state||Work for 3 years in 5 years with at least minimum taxable salary of AUD53, 900 P.A in Regional Areas to convert to PR||Based on the eligibility|
|7||Temporary visa||–||–||5 Years. Applicant can move between the regions||2 – 4 Years|
|9||Applicant can enroll to Medicare||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Stages of Process & Timelines:|
|1||Skills assessment||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months|
|3||State sponsorship||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months||2-3 months – Employer nomination|
|4||Process Timelines||4-8 months||4-8 months||4-6 months||4-6 months|
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY TO AUSTRALIA?
While each program to migrate to Australia has different criteria, there are a few things in common.
- PTE Score
- Documents & Proofs
Check your eligibility for Australia Skilled migration now!
JOBS TRENDS IN AUSTRALIA
Here is a list of the top industries having excellent growth in the next three years are included:
- Human Resources
- Education and Training
- Professional and Scientific Services
- Marketing & Sales
- Finance and Accounting
HOW Y-AXIS CAN HELP YOU?
Y-Axis, the world’s top overseas immigration consultancy, provides unbiased immigration services for every client based on their interests and requirements.
Our impeccable services of Y-Axis include:
- Free eligibility check through Australia Immigration Points Calculator
- Expert guidance/counseling for Australia Immigration
- Coaching services:Expert PTE coaching, IELTS proficiency Coaching
- Free career counseling, book your slot today
- Complete guidance for Australia PR visa
- Job search services to find related jobs in Australia
COVID-19: Is Australia accepting immigration applications?
Yes. The Australian immigration Department is open and is accepting applications from immigration candidates.
How long does it take to immigrate to Australia?
Immigration to Australia through PR Visa takes on an average of 5 months and can take 12 months as well. This is dependent on individual circumstances. It will take roughly 3 months if you have all the required skills and points score.
How can I migrate/immigrate to Australia from India?
Below is the stepwise immigration process for Australia:
- Obtain the IELTS certification with the required score
- Obtain Skill Assessment from the appropriate authority for assessment
- Select an occupation from the Skilled Occupation Lists
- If applicable, obtain Nomination/Sponsorship from a Territory or State in Australia
- Submit an Expression of Interest – EOI on Skill-Select
- You will receive an Invitation to Apply for the Visa if your profile is selected
- You will have sixty days for submitting the Australia Visa application
What are the requirements to migrate to Australia?
According to the Australian government, you should have an Australian visa to enter the country.
The different types of Visas offered by Australian government are given below.
- Visitor Visa – If you are planning to visit Australia for a short period of time, you will require a Visitor Visa. This visa can be issued for a period ranging from a month to a maximum of 12 months.
- Sub-class 771 Transit Visa – If you want to transit via Australia, this Visa is for you. This Visa is valid for 72 hours only.
- Sub-Class 602 Medical Treatment Visa – If you want medical treatments, Consultations or donation of organs in Australia, this is for you. Surrogacy does not fall under this Visa.
- Sub-Class 417 Working Holiday Visa – If you are aged between 18 to 30 years and interested in enjoying a holiday along with working for a maximum period of 12 months, this Visa is what you should go for. There are some countries to which this Visa is issued. They include The UK, Canada, France, Germany, Denmark, Belgium, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, Malta, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Italy, Finland, Cyprus and Estonia.
- Sub-Class 462 Work and Holiday Visa – Just like the Sub-Class 417 Work and Holiday Visa, this visa is offered to people travelling from The US, Brazil, China, Turkey, Poland, Portugal, Argentina, Chile, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Thailand, Slovakia, Slovenia and Uruguay. The maximum time this Visa is valid is 12 months.
- Sub-Class 500 Student Visa – If you are looking to pursue a full time study in recognized Australian Educational Institutions, this Visa is what you should look for.
- PR Visa – If you want to become a permanent resident of Australia, you should apply for this visa. You should understand certain policies and laws before applying to the PR Australian visa. If you become a PR of Australia, you will not only have complete rights to work and live there but also given all the benefits like medical coverage (Medicare) by the government of Australia.
- Sub-class 155, 157 Resident Return Visa (RRV) – People holding this type of visa can return to Australia as a PR after travelling to other countries. You can re-enter Australia multiple times before the date of expiry of the visa. The validity of this visa ranges between 3 months to 5 years.
- Sub-class 444 – Special Category Visa – This visa is exclusively issued to the citizens of New Zealand. It is issued to only those who hold a valid New Zealand Visa. This visa allows the holder to work, visit or reside in Australia. It is issued to people who have ‘No Untreated Tuberculosis (TB) and ‘No Criminal Background’. They should also not have been excluded, deported or removed from any country in the past. This Visa is issued after the person arrives at Australia.
Sub-class 808 Confirmatory Resident Visa – This Visa is issued to those people who have fulfilled all the desired requirements when holding a Norfolk Island Immigration Permit (Either GEP, TEP or (Unrestricted Entry Permit) UEP). People holding this Visa can work and live anywhere in Australia. They can enter and leave Australia whenever they want but within the expiry date of the Visa.
How much does it cost to immigrate to Australia from India?
Below is the list of costs pertaining to an Australia Visa application for immigration from India:
Visa Application Charge – Department of Immigration (DIAC)
Base charge – AUD40,45, Dependents 18 years or above – AUD2, 025 & Dependents below 18 years – AUD1010
Application Fee – Skills Assessment
from AUD300 to AUD2,300 for the majority of occupations
from AUD25 to AUD50 per individual
Fee – Police Clearance Certificate
normally AUD20 or more per individual
Document Certification and Translations Charges
up to AUD500
How many points do you need to immigrate to Australia?
The points score for Australia General Skilled Immigration has been increased from 1 July 2018. Minimum 65 points are now required by applicants of Australia Skilled Visa.
How can I get an ACS assessment done for 2 different job codes for migrating to Australia?
ACS assessment can be got done under diverse occupation codes in ANZSCO. Nevertheless, it is always advisable to be careful while submitting the second application under different occupation codes in ANZSCO. This is if the applicant has already received a positive ACS report under one of the occupations assessed under ACS.
Applicant must also be in a position to demonstrate with evidence. It is that they are also performing the roles of the new occupation under ANZSCO code. Additionally, they also fulfil the requirements specified by ACS.
Moreover, it is worthwhile to take an opinion from the ACS prior to filing an application under the new occupation. Applicants can link the second application to the previous application or submit a new application.
How long does it take for a Visitor Visa for Australia applied in India via an IMMI account to come?
The processing time for Australia Visitor Visa depends on various factors. It can around some days to some weeks in case of some applications.
How can I apply for an Australian Visa?
It is very important that you be aware of the complete procedure of applying for an Australian Visa. The procedure for the most common kind of Visas applied by Indians is given below.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Family/Friend Visa
Step – 1
Based on your need, choose the type of Visa that best suits your purpose. Get to know all possible information related to the kind of Visa. For example – If you are planning to visit Australia and stay for a very short time, the Sub-class 600 would suit you.
Step – 2
Indians have the option of applying for the Australian e-visa that can be applied online. It is very easy to fill this form as it has some very basic questions like your financial status, travel history, your identity, health information, purpose of visiting Australia, your employment details. As this is a time consuming task, it is good if you could keep all this information ready with you at the time of filling the form.
Step – 3
After you finish filling the application form, you would be asked to submit the supporting documents. Upload all the documents and make sure that you don’t miss on any of them. These might include documented evidence relating to your work, education, DOB proofs, financial ability and travel history.
Step – 4
The Australian e-visa fee can be paid online. This fee is not the same every time but fluctuates frequently. You can pay the fee online. You will have to pay an extra surcharge if you make the payment using a credit card (This differs from bank to bank)
Step – 5
After filling the application form and uploading all the supporting documents, it’s time to submit all of these. Click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button. After this, you will receive an acknowledgement of application receipt to your email.
Step – 6
After this, you will have to wait for a considerable time. You will receive an email stating whether a visa has been granted to you or not. You will not receive any update regarding the progress of your Visa.
If you receive a Visa grant notice, check for all the details relating to the tenure of the visa, travel facility, entry frequency and any other important information.
How many points do you need to immigrate to Australia?
You must first check your eligibility criteria to apply for migration. Australia follows a points-based system to qualify visa applicants. You will have to score 65 points to qualify for the visa application process. For PR visa applications, a skill assessment is conducted by a designated authority after which you can submit your online application.
What is the processing time for visa applications?
The processing time for the visa application depends on various factors. On your part, you must take care that your application is complete and has the required information. An incomplete application or lack of relevant information can result in delays and your application could be refused.
What are the eligibility requirements to apply for PR visa to Australia?
Eligibility criteria for PR visa:
Points required: Minimum 65 points in the Points Grid
Age: Below 45 years
English proficiency: A competent level of proficiency in English
Health and character: Good health and character
Skills: Skill assessment by certifying authorities in Australia
Occupation: Occupation must be nominated in Australia’s Skilled Occupation List
What are the benefits of having a PR visa?
Benefits of having a PR visa:
You are free to live and travel anywhere within Australia
You are eligible to pursue higher studies and can apply for certain educational loans
You are eligible for Social Security benefits after two years as a PR visa holder
Your children born in Australia naturally become its citizens
You can sponsor the PR of your relatives provided they meet certain pre-requisites
You have the right to apply for government jobs
You have the right to travel to New Zealand and can even apply for a visa there
Is Australia accepting immigration applications?
Yes, the Australian Immigration Department is open and is accepting application from immigration candidates. In fact, it issued invitations on 13 March 2020 under the
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)- 1,750 invitations.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored-300 invitations.
Are Australia Skill Assessment bodies accepting applications?
Skill Assessment bodies are accepting applications for assessment from visa applicants. Skill assessment like the VETASSESS and Trades Recognition Australia to TRA have declared that they will continue assessments from visa applicants through their online portal. Skill assessment is a crucial part of the General Skilled Migration program to migrate to Australia.
How many Skill stream visa spaces are available for 2021-2022?
As per the 2021-22 Migration Program planning levels, there will be a total of 79,600 visa spaces available in the 2021-2022 program year under the Skill stream.
Are any visa categories to be prioritized for 2021-2022 by Australia?
For 2021-2022, the Australian government will be prioritizing 3 visa categories – the Global Talent program, the Employer Sponsored Program, and the Business Innovation and Investment Program.
Which Australian state has the maximum nomination allocation for subclass 190 visa in 2021-2022?
With 4,000 nomination spaces available, New South Wales has the highest allocation for subclass 190 in the 2021-2022 program year.
Which Australian state has the maximum nomination allocation for subclass 491 visa in 2021-2022?
New South Wales has the maximum allocation of 3,640 spaces for subclass 491.
What is the total nomination spaces allocation among all Australian states for 2021-2022?
Skilled Nominated visa [subclass 190] – spaces available: 14,400
Skilled Work Regional [Provisional] visa [subclass 491] – spaces available: 12,430
Business Innovation and Investment Program [BIIP] – spaces available: 6,860
What is the highest-paid job in Australia?
The list of top and highest paid jobs currently in Australia is based on net earnings based on the tax returns of the millions of Australians. The average salaries might vary for the employers and as per the demand. Following are the highest-paid jobs that are in demand in Australia.
Average Salary in AUD per year
IT and Software
Accounting and Finance
Human Resources Management
Sales & Marketing
Can you move to Australia after 30?
Never get stressed out that you are age is 30 or above and if you can migrate to Australia or not. There are a few visas that help you migrate to Australia and guide you through obtaining a Permanent Residency.
- General skilled visa: Using a General skilled visa, you either can come independently to the country or choose to be sponsored by a territory or state.
A general skilled visa is a common pathway, which is open to people over the age of 30 and looking to work in Australia.
To qualify for this visa, you need to possess in-demand skills that help you migrate to Australia. These skills need to be on the Skilled Occupation List.
- Permanent skill-based visa: This is also a skill-based visa generally for the age above the limit of 44. But once you turn 45, many of the permanent visa options get finished. At that moment, you can try the following:
- The TSS (Subclass 482), i.e., employer-sponsored temporary visawith no age limit, can give you a pathway for permanent residence.
- Business visasalso can get a permanent residence only if you have a particular net worth and have a set turnover.
- Global talent visais also an option, which does not have any age limit and can give opportunities to convert to PR.
What are the top occupations in demand in Australia?
There are many skilled occupations in Australia which are in high demand. Some of them are the following occupations.
- IT and Software
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resources Management
- Sales & Marketing
Can I move to Australia without being a skilled worker?
Australia offers different immigration pathways for highly educated and skilled individuals and can contribute well to the Australian economy. Australia has a huge requirement for skilled workers who can contribute to the country’s development. But without a job offer as a skilled worker also, you can migrate to Australia.
- Skill Select Program: An individual can move to Australia without a job offer. You just need a few necessary skills and qualifications to work in Australia. The Australian government will make your profile available to employers so that they can nominate you.
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): Applicant must give an Express of Interest through skill selection before submitting the application.
- Skilled Nomination Visa (Subclass 190): This has similar privileges as Subclass 189. The applicant must choose an occupation from Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) and submit their profiles.
- Family Sponsorship: if you have a family member in Australia who has Permanent residence or citizenship in Australia. Under this sponsorship, the applicant need not have any job offer.
- Business Innovation and investment program: Using this program, the applicant can own or manage a business in Australia or conduct a business or invest in any entrepreneurial activity in Australia.
- Global Talent Scheme: This Scheme is to get highly skilled global talent to the country and encourage innovation. This Golden Talent scheme helps international talent invest in startups in Australia to give access to workers in Australia to provide advanced skills.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.