Study, Work & Settle In Australia
The Australia Graduate Temporary (Subclass 485) Visa is a temporary permit for students who have competed for at least two years of study in Australia. Unlike other migration visas to Australia, the Graduate Work Visa has a simpler process to quickly assess applicants since most of them have already spent significant time in Australia. Y-Axis can help you take advantage of your Australian education by assisting you with your Graduate Work Visa application. Our teams are well versed with all aspects of this visa and can help you create an application package with the highest chances of success.
Australia Graduate Temporary Visa Program Details:
The Graduate Temporary Visa is a temporary visa awarded to students that allows successful applicants to live and work in Australia for up to 4 years. There are two major types of visas issued under this program:
-choose the one most appropriate for them. These subclasses are:
- Graduate Work Visa – For students who have completed 2 years of education in Australia and whose occupation is listed on the Skilled Occupations List
- Graduate Post-Study Visa – For students who have competed for a bachelor’s degree or higher. This visa looks primary at your educational credentials and does not require your occupation to be listed on the Skilled Occupations List
Under both these visa types you can live and work anywhere in Australia with your family, the study in Australia and travel in and out of Australia as long as your visa is valid. The visa duration typically lasts between 18 months to 4 years.
Eligibility For Australia Skilled Migration Program:
The Australia Graduate Temporary (Subclass 485) Visa is focused on assessing the educational credentials of students. It is designed to retain talent in Australia and is a great route to settle permanently in Australia. The key eligibility criteria are:
- Your age (should be between 18-50 years of age)
- Australian educational credentials
- Details of the 2 years or more spent studying in Australia
- Your English language skills
- Whether your occupation is on the Skilled Occupations List
- Your work experience
- Health and character assessment
How Y-Axis Can Help?
Y-Axis has filed thousands of applications for Australian immigration and has one of the world’s best Australia immigration departments. We can offer end-to-end assistance with:
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Guidance from Registered Migration Agent (RMA) in our Melbourne officeApplication
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Assistance with Medicals
- Assistance with migration petition & representation if required
- Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Job Search Assistance (charges extra)
Reach out to us and discover how we can help you work in Australia after graduation.
What is a Temporary Graduate Visa?
The Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa is for overseas students who have graduated recently from an education institution in Australia. It permits you to work, study, and live in Australia upon completion of your studies. Students can access this Visa only once as a primary applicant.
When can I apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa?
You must lodge your Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa application within six months of completion of your course.
How much is Graduate Visa in Australia?
The application cost for the Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa for Australia begins from AUD 1,650.
How do you get a Graduate Visa for Australia?
The applicants of Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa for Australia must fulfil the below requirements:
- You must be a student transitioning from Subclass 574/573/572/570/500 Visa in the last 6 months
- You must possess an eligible Australia Visa during the processing time, for example, Bridging B, Bridging A, or a substantive Visa
- You must possess adequate health cover for your Visa duration
- You must have graduated successfully from a Doctorate/Masters degree that is registered on the CRICOS – Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Course for Overseas Students
- Your qualification must either correspond to an occupation of the Work Stream SOL or be a higher education degree (Work Stream Post-study)
- You must be below 50 years of age
- You must fulfil the requirements for the English language
- You must have enrolled in the approved course for minimum 92 weeks/2 academic years
- The approved course must have English as a language of instruction and must be completed in not less than 16 calendar months
- You must file the Visa application within 6 months of completion of your course
- You must fulfil the character and health requirements outlined by the Immigration Department in Australia
• It may also be required to take accreditation from the Industry body associated with your qualifications/skills
How do I apply for a Graduate Visa?
You can apply online with the required documents to the Department of Home Affairs in Australia. All the documents must be ready along with the Visa application fee for ensuring that your application is valid.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.