Apply to set up the branch of the company in the UK
Set up your first branch office in the UK. The UK Expansion Worker visa which is a part of the new UK Global Business Mobility, allows you to send a representative to set up the first branch of the company in the UK. This is a great option for businesses to expand their business operations to the UK. Y-Axis can help you navigate UK immigration and make the best case for your temporary Residency.
UK expansion work VISA PROGRAM DETAILS
A UK Expansion Worker visa allows you to come to the UK to set up a branch of an overseas business that has not started trading in the UK yet. Key details of the the program are:
- Stay in the UK for up to 2 years
- Work full time for your employer
- Avail education and healthcare benefits
- Avail taxation benefits
To be eligible for a UK Expansion Worker visa you need to:
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship from your employer
- have worked for your employer outside the UK
- do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
- be paid the minimum eligible salary required for your job
WHO IS eligible for the expansion worker visa?
You must already work for the overseas business as either a senior manager or specialist employee.
Must be hired and employed by a company or organization whose headquarters or major place of business is located outside the UK.
Have the necessary abilities, experience, and expertise for the job.
Have complete authority to make decisions on behalf of the firm (but do not own or control the majority of it) and have a senior position within it.
Be hired and employed by a firm or organization that has its headquarters or principal place of business outside of the United Kingdom.
CAN ONE BRING DEPENDENTS ON THIS VISA?
Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’ if they’re eligible. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF THIS VISA?
- work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- bring your partner and childrenwith you as your ‘dependants’, if they’re eligible
- do voluntary work
- travel abroad and return to the UK
The documentation required for the UK Expansion Worker Visa Program includes:
- Passport & travel history
- Certificate of Sponsorship
- UK Job details
- Educational and business credentials
- Evidence you are located outside the UK & employed by a non-UK based company
- English Language Proficiency
- Other documentation
HOW Y-AXIS CAN HELP YOU?
Y-Axis has decades of experience in international immigration. Our process helps entrepreneurs and HNIs make the right decisions and streamlines their immigration process. We assist you with:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
What is UK Expansion Worker Visa?
A UK Expansion Worker visa allows you to come to the UK to set up a branch of an overseas business that has not started trading in the UK yet.
How to apply for UK Expansion Worker Visa?
The applicant has to first get the company registered with the companies house in the UK while outside UK, apply to become a sponsor license holder, issue a Certificate of sponsorship and file the application for visa to enter the UK.
What are the documents required for UK Expansion Worker Visa?
The applicants of UK Expansion Worker Visa will require the following documents for their application:
- A complete description of the activities of the parent company inclusive of details of accounts and assets
- A Letter to the effect that the overseas firm will set up a fully-owned subsidiary or register a branch in the UK in the identical business activity as the parent firm
- The salary details, employment contract, and job description of the representative
- A letter confirming that the representative is familiar with the firm and is authorized to take operational decisions
- Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
Processing time for UK Expansion Worker Visa?
Below are the processing times for UK Expansion Worker Visa applications in line with the service standards of the Home Office:
- 3 weeks, if you’re outside the UK
- 8 weeks, if you’re inside the UK
How can a UK Expansion Worker Visa be extended?
The visa will be issued only for 2 years and cannot be extended further.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.