Austria Tourist Visa
If you are planning to travel to Austria for a short stay (up to 90 days), you will need a Schengen Short Stay Visa also known as a C-type visa.
You would need to get any one of the following Schengen Visas for Austria:
- Austrian Tourist Visa: If you wish to go sightseeing or vacation in Austria
- Austrian Visitor Visa: If you wish to visit friends or relatives living in Austria
You would need the following for an Austrian Schengen Visa application:
- Visa application form
- Photographs as per specifications
- A travel document or a passport that has a validity of a minimum of 3 months
- Copies of any previous Schengen Visa (if applicable)
- Schengen Travel Insurance worth at least €30,000 for medical emergencies
- Cover letter stating your purpose and itinerary for the visit
- Flight itinerary
- Accommodation proof
- Proof of having sufficient funds for the trip
- Marriage certificate, birth certificate etc (wherever applicable)
Employed people would need to provide proof of employment and taxation. Those who are self-employed will need to provide documents regarding their business and taxation.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
Y-Axis has extensive experience handling Schengen Visas. Our team will help you:
- Evaluate the best Visa type to apply under
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
- Help you prepare for a visa interview in case one is required
What is the difference between Austria tourist and visit visa?
A tourist visa is for those visiting Austria either for tourism or any other non-business related reason. A visitor visa, on the other hand, is for those visiting friends or family in Austria. Do keep in mind that if you plan on going to Austria on a visitor visa, the person who has invited you will have to provide a guarantee on your behalf.
What is a Schengen visa?
A short-stay visa, Schengen visa allows the visa holder to travel to any of the members of the Schengen Area for a 90 days period per stay for business or tourism.
Schengen Area includes 26 countries – Austria, Denmark, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Greece, Iceland, Belgium, Poland, Sweden, Latvia, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Estonia, Italy, Slovakia, Finland, and Liechtenstein.
How do I apply for an Austrian visa?
Do keep in mind that all visa applications for Austria will be assessed by the Embassy of Austria at New Delhi only.
The applications have to be submitted and collected in person.
Step 1: Choose the right visa for you.
Step 2: Book a prior appointment for submission of application.
Step 3: Submitting documents at the visa application centre.
Step 4: Collection of passport.
Which visa do I have to apply for Austria?
Type C – for less than 90 days
Type D – beyond 90 days
What is the processing time Austria Visa?
Usually, the processing time for Type C visas is about 15 to 20 days.
When there are many applications being processed simultaneously, the processing time can go up to 30 days as well.
In exceptional cases, even 60 days might be needed for processing.
When should I apply Austria visa?
As in certain cases the processing time can go up to 60 days, the recommended course of action is to apply for your Austrian short-stay visa as soon as possible, but not earlier than 3 months before your scheduled visit.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.