Belgium Tourist Visa
Belgium is part of the Schengen Zone and hence to travel to Belgium, you need to get a Schengen Visa.
Belgium Entry Requirements
On your arrival at the Belgium airport, you have to present the following to the border officials:
- A valid Schengen Visa unless you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country
- Passport or any other valid travel document. The validity of your passport should be at least 3 months more than your intended stay in Belgium.
The border officials may also question you on your purpose of visit and duration of stay in Belgium.
What are the documents required?
You will need to submit the below documents while applying for a Belgium Schengen Visa:
- Completed visa application form
- Photographs (as specified)
- Copies of any previous visa, if applicable
- Language preference form. You may choose your application to be treated in English, German, Dutch or French.
- Schengen Travel Insurance with a minimum coverage of €30,000
- A cover letter explaining your purpose of visit and details of the trip
- Your flight itinerary specifying the dates of entry and exit from Belgium
- Proof of accommodation like hotel bookings or any other document that shows your place of stay in Belgium
- Birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate of spouse, divorce certificate (whatever is applicable)
- Proof of having sufficient funds.
- For those who are employed, you will need your offer letter, bank statements for the last 6 months and income tax documents
- For those who are self-employed, you would need your company license, company bank statements for 6 months and tax documents
How can Y-Axis help you?
Y-Axis has extensive experience handling Schengen Visas. Our team will help you:
- Evaluate the best Visa type to apply under
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
- Help you prepare for a visa interview in case one is required
Why do I need a Schengen visa to visit Belgium?
By signing the Schengen Agreement in 1995, the government of Belgium joined the European border free area. Entering Belgium on a short-stay visa, you can also travel to the other Schengen member states as well. A total of 26 countries make up the Schengen Area.
What are the essential requirements for submitting visa application?
- Your passport must have a minimum of 2 blank pages.
- Your passport must have a validity of a minimum of 3 months from the date that the applicant intends leaving the Schengen Area. OR If there are multiple entries, the date that the applicant intends leaving the Schengen Area for the last time.
- You can only apply within 3 months of the date of arrival in Belgium.
What is the visa application fees?
A short-stay visa (Type C) costs €60 or INR 5,000 approximately.
What is the processing time?
A Belgian Schengen visa is typically granted within 15 days.
This period can be extended to 30 days in certain cases.
In exceptional cases, the processing time can even go up to 60 days.
To be on the safe side, you should apply for your Belgian short-stay visa as early as possible. However, do keep in mind that you cannot apply more than 3 months before your trip to Belgium.
Do I have to give my biometrics?
All those applying for Schengen visa will have to appear in person with the exception of children below 12 years of age. The bio-metrics are stored in the database for 5 years.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.