Taiwan Tourist Visa
Taiwan also is known as the heart of Asia is renowned for many tourist attractions. Nightlife in Taiwan is full of bustle. It has many beautiful natural sceneries, such as coral reefs, and a few hundred small islands surrounding it. The best time to visit Taiwan is between April and June or between September and November when the weather is pleasant.
Citizens of India should apply online for a travel authorization certificate to visit Taiwan.
The certificate is valid for 90 days. Within those 90 days, the individual is allowed multiple entries into the country. People who have obtained the R.O.C. Travel Authorization Certificate will be permitted to stay up to 14 days per entry from the day after arrival.
If the holder decides to apply for another R.O.C. Travel Authorization Certificate, he or she must do so seven days before the current certificate expires.
The processing time for the certificate is usually three days.
Documents required for the Taiwan tourist visa application:
- A valid passport with six months validity
- Two passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed online visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- A cover letter from the ‘primary applicant’ or the company which describes the reason for the travel and duration of stay
- Proof that you have enough funds to sponsor your stay
- Bank statement of last three months
Before you apply for a visit visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements, fill the application form, attach the required documents, and pay the required fees.
Here are the details of the tourist visa fees:
|Single Entry Normal||14 days||3 months||0|
|Single Entry Normal||30 days||3 months||2400|
|Multiple Entry Normal||30 days||3 months||4800|
How Y-Axis Can Help
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Are Indians eligible for Taiwan e-Visa?
No. Indian nationals are not eligible for an e-Visa for Taiwan. Indians will be required to apply for a physical visa instead.
Which countries are eligible for ROC Travel Authorization Certificate for entering Taiwan?
Nationals of certain countries – India, Vietnam, Laos, Indonesia, and Myanmar – can apply online for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.
What are the eligibility requirements for ROC Travel Authorization Certificate for entering Taiwan?
Nationals of the above-mentioned countries can apply for a ROC Travel Authorization Certificate for Taiwan, provided certain conditions are met.
- the applicant’s passport must have a validity remaining of a minimum of 6 months from the date of entering Taiwan
- the applicant must never have been employed in Taiwan as a blue-collar worker
- The applicant must have an onward or return ferry or air ticket.
Must fulfil 1 of 2 conditions as follows –
- Possess at least 1 document – valid permanent resident or resident card, valid entry visa, or resident card or visa which has expired less than 10 years before arriving in Taiwan – issued by Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Australia, the UK, the US, or any of the EU or Schengen countries. OR
- Possess a resident card or entry visa issued by the ROC at any point in time in the previous 10 years. Also, the applicant must have no record of having committed any law violations or immigration irregularities in Taiwan.
How long can I stay in Taiwan on an approved ROC Travel Authorization Certificate?
Valid for 90 days and allowing multiple entries, an ROC Travel Authorization certificate allows the holder to stay in Taiwan for 14 days. The next day after arrival in Taiwan will be regarded as the 1st day for the calculation of stay in Taiwan.