STUDY IN SWEDEN MEET THE STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENT FOR SWEDEN, GET A SWEDEN STUDENT VISA
Explore Sweden for its ability to satisfy your aspirations from a world-class education system. There are many reasons that international students choose to study in Sweden. Sweden is known as a land of innovations. The universities of Sweden offer a unique education system that’s student-centric. The study programs of Swedish universities are designed to promote independent and group studies among students.
Benefits of studying in Sweden
Here are some of the highlights you will benefit from if you have the intention to study in Sweden:
Language of instruction: English, Swedish
Average cost of living: SEK 700 – SEK 1,200 per month
Average cost of study: SEK 80,000 per year
Sources of funding: Aids, scholarships, and part-time jobs
Intakes: 2 times a year (Spring and Autumn)
Exams required: IELTS, PTE, GMAT, TOEFL, GRE, TISUS, etc.
Types of Sweden student visa: C, D
Types of degrees: Undergraduate Degree, Doctorate Degree, Graduate Degree
Top courses: Engineering & Technology, Fine Arts, Business & Management, Physical & Life Sciences, etc.
Best student cities: Lund, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Uppsala, Umea, Gavle, Linkoping
Why is it that it’s a popular choice to study in Sweden?
- Sweden has many internationally famous universities which provide education of the highest quality. Education in these universities is focused on personalized learning, innovation, group work, and application and not just one-sided classroom instruction.
- Sweden offers a fun, exciting, and unique experience when it comes to student life. You can also experience a completely new culture in Sweden and enjoy the high quality of life the country offers.
- Swedes are quite comfortable with the English language although Swedish is the country’s official language. So, even if you are from an English-speaking country, you will feel at home on Swedish campuses.
- Studying in Sweden opens up the opportunity to travel and explore various other European countries with ease. Sweden is well-connected to other countries in Europe.
- Sweden has the presence of various top international businesses. So, if you study in Sweden, your chances of getting employed in such top companies of the world are very much open to access.
About Sweden Student Visa
If you are hailing from a non-EU/EEA country, you will need a Sweden student visa or a residence permit to study in Sweden. Here’s how both these permits are different for you:
If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen planning to stay and study in Sweden for a period that’s less than 90 days, you must go for a Sweden student visa.
If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen planning to stay more than 90 days to complete your studies in Sweden, you will need a residence permit.
The application process
- Get an acceptance letter from a Swedish university.
- Meet the following criteria before applying for a Sweden student visa:
- The study program you have applied to join in a Swedish university has to be full-time.
- You must possess confirmation in a written form showing that your admission has been confirmed.
- It’s recommended that before you apply for a Sweden Student visa, you pay the first installment of the tuition fee (in case there’s any tuition fee you are supposed to pay).
- For a study course running for under a year, you must procure comprehensive health insurance.
- You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months of validity remaining.
- Apply for a Sweden student visa at a local Swedish embassy/consulate near you in your home country or apply online on the website of the Swedish migration agency. Submit all required documents with the application. Also, get yourself photographed and fingerprints taken at the local Swedish embassy/consulate.
- The decision on your application will be communicated via email. Collect your documents along with the official decision on your application after making an appointment at the relevant office. A copy of the decision document will be sent to the Swedish university too.
- After this, you should lodge the application for a Sweden student via/residence permit at the earliest. The reason for this is that the process has a normal waiting time of 2 to 3 months.
How Y-Axis can help you?
Y-Axis, the most leading career consultant helps you with
- Expert guidance in every step
- Free Career counseling from professionals
- Course recommendation services to set-up bright future
- World class coaching services for foreign languages, IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.
Do I need a residence permit for study in Sweden?
If you are not an EU citizen and will be studying in Sweden beyond 90 days, you will need a residence permit. Do note that you must have a residence permit issued to you before your arrival in Sweden.
What is the processing time for residence permit for study in Sweden?
Most of the applications are processed within 1-2 months.
Can I take my family along when I go to Sweden for study?
A family member of someone with a residence permit for higher studies in Sweden can get a residence permit for the same duration.
What are the requirements for obtaining a student visa in Sweden?
You must apply to a university full-time study program.
You must get official confirmation of your acceptance from the university.
It is recommended that you pay the first instalment of school fees (only if there is any tuition fees to be paid).
You must have proper health insurance if you are here for less than a year.
The validity of your passport must be at least six months.
How early can i submit an application for a visa?
You have up to 6 months to apply for a Schengen visa before your trip. In the case of student visas, you must apply for your visa at least 90 days before the commencement of your program.
What are the steps to apply for a Swedish student visa?
Candidates must complete the steps outlined below in order to be considered for a Swedish Study Visa.
Confirm your acceptance to a Swedish university and prepare the documents listed on the checklist.
Verify your health insurance coverage (if applicable)
Log into the Migrationsverket website and fill out the online application form for a residence permit.
Submit your application after uploading the required documents.
Pay the SEK 1,500 visa cost with a Visa/Mastercard.
Confirm your appointment with the consulate or embassy.
After getting the email, submit your biometric information and photos to the nearest Swedish embassy or consulate.
Is IELTS a requirement to obtain a Sweden student visa?
The IELTS criteria prescribed by the university in Sweden you are going to join for admission eligibility is the only criteria that will be binding on you concerning a Sweden student visa.
Can I get PR after completing my studies in Sweden?
If you studied in Sweden on a residence permit to complete higher education. you will be eligible to lodge an application for a residence permit to work. Alternatively, it could be possible for you to start your own business in Sweden. The residency permit issued to you will have a validity of 1 year.
Can you work while holding a Sweden student visa?
You are allowed to work while pursuing your studies in Sweden provided you have a student visa of type D (residency permission). That’s all you need. In case you hail from an EU/EEA member nation, you are even allowed to stay in Sweden and work after completing your degree program.
How can international students get PR in Sweden?
Here are the criteria to be met for obtaining a PR in Sweden as an international student:
- You must have completed higher education worth at least 30 credits or a semester of PG study in Sweden.
- The work conditions provided to you must meet the standard in Sweden prevalent for your sector or vocation.
- Your wage before tax must be a minimum of SEK 13,000 per month.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.