Newbrunswick Provincial Nominee Program
New Brunswick is the only officially bilingual province in Canada. English and the French language share an equal footing within the province.
New Brunswick is one of the Maritime Provinces of Canada. Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick together form the Canadian Maritime Provinces.
The province is also among the original four Canadian provinces — Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia – that came together to make the national confederation in 1867.
Geographically formed like a roughly shaped rectangle, New Brunswick was named after the royal house of Brunswick.
Situated on the east coast of Canada along the Atlantic Ocean, New Brunswick offers exiting career opportunities for an immigrant, along with a distinct way of life.
Fredericton is the capital city of New Brunswick.
Other prominent cities in New Brunswick include – Moncton, Bathurst, Dieppe, Edmundston, Miramichi, Tracadie, Saint John, Quispamsis, and Riverview.
A part of Canada’s Provincial Nominee Program [PNP], New Brunswick runs its own program – New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program [NBPNP] – for the induction of newcomers into the province.
New Brunswick PNP allows the government of New Brunswick to nominate – for Canadian permanent residence – individuals that had the most potential of successfully establishing themselves in New Brunswick.
NB Provincial Immigration Programs
New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream
New Brunswick Express Entry Stream
NB Business Immigration Stream
NB Strategic Initiative Stream for French-speaking immigrants
Atlantic Immigration Pilot
With economic immigration programs offered by the province, the New Brunswick PNP is not intended for family reunification.
The NB PNP’s Skilled Worker stream is targeted at foreign nationals that have the requisite education, work experience and education for making a positive contribution to New Brunswick’s economy.
In order to be eligible for the stream, an individual must meet the minimum eligibility requirements, have a valid job offer from a NB employer, and must have the intention of living and working in the province permanently.
New Brunswick Express Entry Stream is for foreign nationals that have the skills, education as well as work experience required for contributing to the provincial economy.
The individual must be willing to live and work within the province.
They must also meet the requirements of each of the stages of the Express Entry stream of the NB PNP.
Four Canadian provinces – Newfoundland and Labrador, PEI, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia – are a part of Canada’s Atlantic Immigration Pilot [AIP].
Basic Eligibility Requirements for the NB PNP
- Age between 22 and 55 years
- Possess the required language proficiency
- Must have completed their Educational Credential Assessment [ECA]
- Commitment to living and working in New Brunswick
- Demonstrate proof of enough funds for supporting themselves and their families
General Steps to apply for the NB PNP
- Determining eligibility
- Applying to the appropriate stream through an Expression of Interest [EOI]
- Getting an ECA done
- Completion of language proficiency tests
- Submission of application
- Receiving provincial nomination certificate
- Completion of the required formalities following NB PNP nomination
- Getting together the funds required
- Preparing to leave for NB
After you apply
- Ensure that you receive your notification of application submission
- Keep the information in your application up-to-date
- Assessment of application
- Receiving a decision on application
Y-Axis Can Help You With
- Qualification / Education Assessment
- Customized Document Checklist and critical document templates
- Guidance on key documentation requirements
- Filing of an online application form to create a profile for Invitation
What is the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program?
New Brunswick’s Provincial Nominee Program or the NBPNP targets prospective immigrants who have the required skills and experience.
The NBPNP has the following streams for different immigration categories:
- Express Entry Labor Market Stream
- Skilled Workers with Employer Support
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- Entrepreneurial Stream
- Skilled Workers with Family Support
- Succession Connect pilot program
Can I apply directly to the New Brunswick Skilled Worker stream?
No. It is only when an individual has been issued an invitation from the NB PNP that they can proceed to the NB Skilled Worker Application process.
What is the validity period of my Invitation to Apply [ITA] from the NB PNP?
ITAs will be valid for 45 days.
What if I can’t submit application within 45 days?
If an ITA expires and the individual would still wish to apply, they will be required to submit a new Expression of Interest [EOI] through the INB Portal.
Can international students apply to NB Express Entry stream?
Yes. An international student might apply to the NB Express Entry stream up to 6 months after their “completion of studies” date, provided they are both living in as well as actively seeking employment in the province.
Do keep in mind that the completion of studies date is not the same as the graduation date.
Written proof of the completion of studies will be required.
What are the eligibility requirements for the New Brunswick PNP?
- Candidate must be between 22 and 55
- Have the required language proficiency and have language test result not less than two years old as proof
- Must have completed the ECA
- If applying for a provincial nomination under an occupation, applicant must have a valid job offer from a New Brunswick employer
- Have at least 12 months of full time or part time work experience in the province three years before making the application
- Must sign a Commitment to live and work in the province
- Show proof of having enough funds to support themselves and their families
What are the steps to apply for the New Brunswick PNP?
Determine your eligibility
Apply for the most promising New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program Stream
Get your ECA done
Complete the language proficiency tests
Submit your application
Receive your provincial nomination certificate
Complete the required formalities after nomination
Prepare the required funds for your first three to six months stay in the province
Prepare to leave for New Brunswick
Please give details about the Express Entry stream of the New Brunswick PNP or NBPNP?
This stream is called the New Brunswick Express Entry Labour Market Stream. Candidates who receive an enhanced provincial nomination from this stream receive an additional 600 CRS points, resulting in an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence being given at a later draw from the Express Entry pool.
The New Brunswick Express Entry Labor Market Stream (NB-EELMS) uses the ‘Expression of Interest’ (EOI) model. Candidates should fill out an EOI form and send it to the NBPNP from the first to the fifteenth of each month. Candidates are given a score based on the information they provide, and then they are evaluated based on a number of other factors.
The top-ranked candidates are invited by e-mail to apply to the NBPNP. If nominated, NBPNP applicants will be processed via the federal government’s Express Entry electronic immigration management system, which will try to process applications in six months.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.